aop

Where can I find information about ingame weapons and vehicles?

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm returning after a 10 year break and I'd like to know if there is any data base about ingame performance (mainly penetration and armor values) of stuff like ATGs, tanks, ATRs etc?

From what I have read there has been some kind of armor and munition audit at some point so what I remember from 10 years ago might not be up to date.

You'd need to ask @HATCH about information like that as it's not publicly available at this time.

5 hours ago, aop said:

The wiki seems to be just as abandoned as it was 10 years ago. Not much info about anything. It would be nice to see petration/range charts for different caliber ammo.

Not true.  A lot of work was done in the wiki about a year ago.  (And I mean a lot).  It still needs more work though.

Best thing to use for tanks is Parasit’s sapper guide for the armor weak spots, and just ask on Discord which guns can kill which tanks from which ranges.  I can tell you most of them for the Axis side.  Most guys learn by trial and error.

Like Sniper said, there is no public info with charts of weapon calibre penetration with ranges and armor thickness for this game.

Also it hasn’t changed too much over the years with AP ammo and armor penetration.   The ballistics audit last year focused more on HE ammo and projectile fragments if I remember.

Cheers!

Edited by krazydog

16 hours ago, undercova said:

Because like nothing changed since then ;)

Nothing changed since 1945… :P

Well apparently a h39 can kill the driver on a 3f from a bit of over 800 meters but a 3f can't penetrate a h39 at the same distance even with having a elevation advantage via terrain.

The real scandal is how poorly the char is performing thus far, getting out killed 15:1 vs. stug 3b and  outpaced nearly 2:1 vs. Pzr IV D. Doing good against III F though.

Still early ... so i am betting it balances out over all.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

Well apparently a h39 can kill the driver on a 3f from a bit of over 800 meters but a 3f can't penetrate a h39 at the same distance even with having a elevation advantage via terrain.

its gun has 30mm penetration out to 1km, and 34mm hull front, 45mm turret front (both slightly angled as well)

while the 3f has 30mm armour all round and a gun that only gets around 28-35mm penetration at 800m

the only reason the H39 under-performs is people only play the S35, char, and matilda. in it's tier it can and will stand with the S35.

it's actually better at taking out 4D's because it's small and the snub-75 has trouble hitting it, while it can take it out at 1km.

Edited by major0noob

2 hours ago, major0noob said:

its gun has 30mm penetration out to 1km, and 34mm hull front, 45mm turret front (both slightly angled as well)

while the 3f has 30mm armour all round and a gun that only gets around 28-35mm penetration at 800m

the only reason the H39 under-performs is people only play the S35, char, and matilda. in it's tier it can and will stand with the S35.

it's actually better at taking out 4D's because it's small and the snub-75 has trouble hitting it, while it can take it out at 1km.

What about the sides of the h39 cause nailed him there a few times too , actually those were my 1st few hits , not to mention the Laffy that drove right up to him from his 6 , he got ( laffy) 4 HE himself 2 rear axle and 2 right into the drivers cab , just to keep driving and setting a FMS then east of our FB . I doubt there is enough armor on that thing to shrug off the  HE rounds,  yes it's from a puny 37mm gun but the driver doesn't sit in an armored cabin either.

3 hours ago, major0noob said:

I loved hunting stuff with the H39, it's a little yellow terror tank.  My fave was when I snuck up on an 88 and a IIIF on a hill.  Don't know how I did it with the 88 except maybe the guy was AFK right then, but it was sweetness.

Good IIIF drivers can kill it easy up close, you have to use your advantages.

6 hours ago, choad said:

The real scandal is how poorly the char is performing thus far, getting out killed 15:1 vs. stug 3b and  outpaced nearly 2:1 vs. Pzr IV D. Doing good against III F though.

Still early ... so i am betting it balances out over all.

They are probably hitting you with HEAT rounds, that or shooting at the tracks with HE (it works for that).

49 minutes ago, aismov said:

They are probably hitting you with HEAT rounds, that or shooting at the tracks with HE (it works for that).

Right. I was just saying that it seems a far cry off from historical averages. Time will tell if it is just small sample size or something real is at play.

21 hours ago, krazydog said:

Not true.  A lot of work was done in the wiki about a year ago.  (And I mean a lot).  It still needs more work though.

Best thing to use for tanks is Parasit’s sapper guide for the armor weak spots, and just ask on Discord which guns can kill which tanks from which ranges.  I can tell you most of them for the Axis side.  Most guys learn by trial and error.

Like Sniper said, there is no public info with charts of weapon calibre penetration with ranges and armor thickness for this game.

Also it hasn’t changed too much over the years with AP ammo and armor penetration.   The ballistics audit last year focused more on HE ammo and projectile fragments if I remember.

Cheers!

The wiki does get periodically updated every once in a while by players. In order to keep all information up to date and fill in all the missing areas, it would basically require someone to do it full time as a volunteer. The game is so vast and there are so many specifics to different things, it is a pretty big project.

Last year's KE/HE audit dealt with both round penetration and shrapnel.

10 hours ago, dre21 said:

What about the sides of the h39 cause nailed him there a few times too , actually those were my 1st few hits , not to mention the Laffy that drove right up to him from his 6 , he got ( laffy) 4 HE himself 2 rear axle and 2 right into the drivers cab , just to keep driving and setting a FMS then east of our FB . I doubt there is enough armor on that thing to shrug off the  HE rounds,  yes it's from a puny 37mm gun but the driver doesn't sit in an armored cabin either.

Turret Front : 40mm/5° and 28° + gun mantlet 25mm
Turret Sides : 40mm/28°
Turret Rear : 40mm/30° rear hatch is 40mm
Turret Top : 25mm/90°
Cupola : 40mm
Hull Front, Upper : 40mm/30° parts are round though
Hull Front, Lower : 40mm round dont know how to figure angle
Hull Sides : 40mm/15°
Hull Rear : 40mm/32° and 30°
Hull Top : 22mm/88° and 90°
Hull Bottom : 12mm/90°

Isn't a bad little pill box, just the SA 38 L33 gun does not have a lot of range to it
best used under 500m

13 hours ago, dre21 said:

Starting to sound like a reset was needed