• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
sorella

Turn on Kill Credit but

39 posts in this topic

make it a DLC. or part of the hero/builder sub. or both. make $$$.  $5/mo  $50/yr. like that. people who like it will pay for it. 

Related image

Edited by sorella

10$ for use a fms?

20$ use the ingame Map?

12$ for use Marks on the map?

Pls no!

This MMO is one of the expensive MMO Online atm.

Only one time buy DLC like new Skins maby a good way but all month pay DLC is from my view the wrong way and give BGE only more bad rewies on steam.

2 people like this

Meh. I enjoy kill credit too .... but it only belongs in intermission. If only some had it, that would be a nice little advantage IMO. No way.

16 minutes ago, choad said:

Meh. I enjoy kill credit too .... but it only belongs in intermission. If only some had it, that would be a nice little advantage IMO. No way.

Exactky kill credit is total pay to win if you offer it to some players.

I remember doing a Hail Mary shot in a Stug at 2000+ m on a Sherman that had back behind a slope and was completely obscured by trees.

Got a lucky hit. I know because the green text popped up telling me the tank that I couldn't see and didn't know if I even hit was dead.

As an ATG I routinely let myself auto despawn since I want the ETs to waste as much ammo on me and spend more time giving away their position.

Kill credit activated all the time

Remove white skulls for everyone after greentag ranks

Edited by matamor
1 person likes this

No to kill credit,  that make it just even harder for INF , imagine u run for your life trying to get behind that berm and the ET just saw ya. Now all he has to do is shoot till he gets that memo , NO memo he knows EI ain't dead and he will leave . Vice versa ET thinks he killed INF , but did not INF is patiened, flanks and blows up ET but it took him 10 to 25 min to do so cause he was patiened.

Kill credit is a thing for intermission only. It makes it ingame full time I say bye bye to the game. 

In my eyes blue skulls and white skulls should be taken out of game too. Only thing why they are in game is because of the Chinese experiment if my memory serves me right.

I hope that CRS gets a visual dmg model into game for ATG and AAA this year yet it's way overdue. @aismov

Edited by dre21

Hmm.  I actually enjoy the kill notification, but having read this thread, I (now) would tend to agree that it is great for intermissions, but not right for a campaign.

S!

1 person likes this

It was fun for a bit, fun for intermissions, might even be useful to have enabled for newbies until rank 2?

I do not know if i would want it on at all times though, it takes away some of the fog of war for me.
Some might disagree, but to me it is more fun not always knowing if i just killed something.
Did i hit that guy, or did he just dash prone behind that berm or bush or tall grass, did i kill that tank? no flames, is he out of action, or is he playing dead to get me to come look?
And sometimes, a guy might lose a gunner, but not be flaming, and decide to try and remain as a decoy and draw attention to him and away from his buddies so they can flank the enemy or what not, and since he appears still active you are not sure if it is gun capable or not
which does not work so well when there is a kill message.

just because it says you killed someone doesn't mean the ei is dead either. I found that out the hard way got kill credit thinking ei was dead ran out of my position and he killed me. It doesn't mean you killed him just wounded it enough to get the kill on it when he dies.

I would like to see the kill credit on all the time. It doesn't really matter to me because if you have your stat page logged on you can just flip between game and stat page and know who you killed. I don't see why you guys are apposed to having that on really. What are you all worried about anyway? People know who kills you when  you despawn after someone kills you. So your point of people knowing who is attacking a certain town is invalid because once you die you already know whos attacking your town.  There are well known players and then players no one has ever heard of on both sides. If vets are thinking oh know he got kill credit on me he knows I am here you seriously have issues lol. I know all the best players in this game on both sides how they think and their play style that's why we are vets not noobs. I think it would be good for the less known players in the game knowing they just got a kill on a well known vet player and gives them some sort of motivation or satisfaction knowing they just took out a vet player. 

5 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

It was fun for a bit, fun for intermissions, might even be useful to have enabled for newbies until rank 2?

I do not know if i would want it on at all times though, it takes away some of the fog of war for me.
Some might disagree, but to me it is more fun not always knowing if i just killed something.
Did i hit that guy, or did he just dash prone behind that berm or bush or tall grass, did i kill that tank? no flames, is he out of action, or is he playing dead to get me to come look?
And sometimes, a guy might lose a gunner, but not be flaming, and decide to try and remain as a decoy and draw attention to him and away from his buddies so they can flank the enemy or what not, and since he appears still active you are not sure if it is gun capable or not
which does not work so well when there is a kill message.

Fog of war there is no fog of war in this game you must be joking Merlin lol. If you think there is fog of war in this game your not that good of a player then. The AO system in itself takes the fog of war stuff out of the game only so many AOs and with the ews system you already know if someone is at a AO or not. There is no fog of war.

@sgthenning You just like kill credits because it helps you zero in your DD rounds on those hard to see spawnables. Just admit it.

4 minutes ago, choad said:

@sgthenning You just like kill credits because it helps you zero in your DD rounds on those hard to see spawnables. Just admit it.

lol I don't need kill credit for that with a dd and you know it Choad 

3 hours ago, sgthenning said:

There is no fog of war.

Y'alls must be playing a different game than me. 

Related image

Rlmao @ella these dudes living in fantasy land fking clueless and no commonsense.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:30 PM, augetout said:

Hmm.  I actually enjoy the kill notification, but having read this thread, I (now) would tend to agree that it is great for intermissions, but not right for a campaign.

S!

Yes I liked this as well, if its on during campaign I guess it would be ok, I dont care either way though.

I like it as sniper , you kill a vet I must be carefull , if a noob or unknown to me I breath easyer :)

Well then if you are going to have smog of war, be consistent.

Take the who killed you off the AAR and not have accessible stats for 30m.

Else you are playing favorites with information flow.

On 5/3/2019 at 8:15 AM, sgthenning said:

Fog of war there is no fog of war in this game you must be joking Merlin lol. If you think there is fog of war in this game your not that good of a player then.

If there is no fog of war then your set.. Don’t need the game to tell you anything.. Not everyone is so sure of their kills though, so leaving it for after their mission is a good way to maintain the fog of war for them. 

On 5/3/2019 at 8:15 AM, sgthenning said:

Fog of war there is no fog of war in this game you must be joking Merlin lol. If you think there is fog of war in this game your not that good of a player then. The AO system in itself takes the fog of war stuff out of the game only so many AOs and with the ews system you already know if someone is at a AO or not. There is no fog of war.

I am an excellent player, i have perfected the art of dying and will have a book published on it SooN™

There is still plenty of fog down at the tactical level.
AO and EWS do remove some fog on a strategic level, though they dont give absolute clarity, but without those, there is no fog, you are simply blind

I am not sure that many would enjoy spending their limited free time in a game session playing town hopper looking for someone someplace to fight with
especially since, as it has proved in the past, it tends to devolve into someone else playing a game of town hopper looking for the place no one happens to show up at
and then just rolling through it, which is what happens when you have 0 intel and no battle commitment.

1 hour ago, Kilemall said:

Well then if you are going to have smog of war, be consistent.

Take the who killed you off the AAR and not have accessible stats for 30m.

Else you are playing favorites with information flow.

that's after the fight though, rather than in/during it
It would be cool to see after the fact, in AAR, who you hit in what unit.
Seems pretty harmless after the fact.
Maybe that could be something for a new UI

1 person likes this

Just now, Merlin51 said:

that's after the fight though, rather than in/during it
It would be cool to see after the fact, in AAR, who you hit in what unit.
Seems pretty harmless after the fact.
Maybe that could be something for a new UI

That would at least have the merit of being consistent.

If one wants to argue 'realism', it should be that you get a list of who you killed in what as the papers, vehicle identity, badges/uniform and other items would be assessed as part of battlefield intel, and 30m later.  You wouldn't get who killed you, cause you're dead and it would require a thorough debriefing of both sides to figure out who killed what.

Personally I like having feedback as to who is who in my stats, and close to realtime so I can engage in personal hunts.  So I lean towards the AAR, it just should be both kills/wounds and who killed you, if any.

Good question to ask, should such an AAR have unit type in it or just names of who you killed?

1 hour ago, Kilemall said:

Good question to ask, should such an AAR have unit type in it or just names of who you killed?

Myself, since it is after the fact and you are already despawned, i myself would not mind seeing something like

Mission Origin: Dinant
Mission Objective: Anhee - Dinant Depot
Mission Leader: Aismov
Time on Mission: 00:72:14

United Spawned: PZ III L

Units Defeated
kilemall     SgtMaj   Sherman M2A2
bludngut  Capt        M1 Garand
delems     Pvt          R35

Unit Defeated By
Capco    Maj          Firefly

Other units hit
SA MLE 1937     2
H39                    1
Engineer            3
(units hit but not kill scored would be unidentified cause, well since they not dead, no corpse to ID?)

On May 3, 2019 at 9:08 AM, choad said:

This along with what Tatonka said is a great reason why we shouldn't have REAL TIME. Kill credit reporting. Firing a mortar blind flipping through the range settings and suddenly a waterfall of green names popup... Aha! Cha-Ching! You can imagine a whole much of gamey uses for it... Knowing you killed that tank hiding in the bush. Knowing that the EI running behind the berm is dead and didn't just duck down.

I have nothing against reporting... But all that stuff should be in the AAR after you are either KIA or RTB.

Friend fire off = children's game
kill credit on = children's game

It has to be the reverse.

FF ON
kill credit OFF

game for real players..

S!

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 7:29 AM, Merlin51 said:

It was fun for a bit, fun for intermissions, might even be useful to have enabled for newbies until rank 

I understand these suggestions for new players to have access to kill credit notification, but what will be their reaction the first time they shoot an EI and get the kill message, when that EI who is only badly wounded, turns around and kills them? Many kills are not instant kills on inf, and what about the tanker who "kills" the ET or ATG, but still gets fired upon and then killed by the dead tank/atg because his "kill" was the driver or ATG number 1 and not the gunner?

Even giving the kill message to new players is just offering another potential stick for CRS to be hit with - "the game told me he was dead - and he killed me - your game sux etc etc"

S! Ian