• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
sorella

Turn on Kill Credit but

39 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, enemytank said:

Friend fire off = children's game
kill credit on = children's game

It has to be the reverse.

FF ON
kill credit OFF

game for real players..

S!

Friendly Fire on, you will only be pandering to the children.

Who has not had Green Tags spawn in and start shooting them? Try to drive a truck from an FB or AB and a gaggle of them will start to shoot at you. 

I doubt you would have 50% of the current subscriptions after a week of friendly fire "ON".

S! Ian 

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 1:04 PM, sgthenning said:

I would like to see the kill credit on all the time. It doesn't really matter to me because if you have your stat page logged on you can just flip between game and stat page and know who you killed. I don't see why you guys are apposed to having that on really. What are you all worried about anyway? People know who kills you when  you despawn after someone kills you. So your point of people knowing who is attacking a certain town is invalid because once you die you already know whos attacking your town.  There are well known players and then players no one has ever heard of on both sides. If vets are thinking oh know he got kill credit on me he knows I am here you seriously have issues lol. I know all the best players in this game on both sides how they think and their play style that's why we are vets not noobs. I think it would be good for the less known players in the game knowing they just got a kill on a well known vet player and gives them some sort of motivation or satisfaction knowing they just took out a vet player. 

OKAY - so if it is so easy to discover who you kill, why are you so keen for the kill credit to be ON all the time. If it makes no real difference why go to the trouble of adding it? Or is it because we don't know if the inf or et that disappeared round a corner/behind a berm is still alive?

Leave it off, no more gimmicky aids for Stat Hos pls.

S! ian 

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 5:53 PM, tatonka said:

I like it as sniper , you kill a vet I must be carefull , if a noob or unknown to me I breath easyer :)

Further proof that it is just another gimmicky aid. 

Why don't we have it as a power up, next to my golden armour bonus, and my health potion?

S! Ian 

I say it one more time, only FF in game I would tolerate is from Bombs , it would make it more realistic in the sense of one side can't just drop bombs on an AB and have only 1 group run through Brimfire and Hell, while the other side dies trying to run through the same and keep on dying. 

Sure one could argue well it leaves room to cheat too, but I think the offending pilot would be pointed to fairly quick if he would do it over and over again. And with that .report would make an appearance. 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, ian77 said:

Further proof that it is just another gimmicky aid. 

Why don't we have it as a power up, next to my golden armour bonus, and my health potion?

S! Ian 

I like it cause its quicker then loading stat page , don't really need it but its helpful . If I kill a vet they know where to look for me , so the faster I can get to cover the better.  So with it, and I see a noob was killed , I don't have to reposition myself , and stay and get more kills.   With out it after every kill I get cover , check to see who it was . If it is a vet , I wait in cover , go make a sandwich or something. Then sneak back to shooting spot and carry on.

17 minutes ago, tatonka said:

I like it cause its quicker then loading stat page , don't really need it but its helpful . If I kill a vet they know where to look for me , so the faster I can get to cover the better.  So with it, and I see a noob was killed , I don't have to reposition myself , and stay and get more kills.   With out it after every kill I get cover , check to see who it was . If it is a vet , I wait in cover , go make a sandwich or something. Then sneak back to shooting spot and carry on.

And this, folks, is exactly why it shouldn't be on in a real campaign.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

And this, folks, is exactly why it shouldn't be on in a real campaign.

like I said it only makes it easy , still can have the info anyway with the stat page. Also when I hide my sniper , most of the time I use my second account to cap.

30 minutes ago, tatonka said:

like I said it only makes it easy , still can have the info anyway with the stat page. Also when I hide my sniper , most of the time I use my second account to cap.

You'd have to despawn to see who you killed, thus ending your sortie. 

With the kill credits turned on, you wouldn't have to do this. 

Also, tanks can spray MG thru bushes and such and see if they get kills. Completely gamey.  

Fun for intermissions, horrendous for the real campaign. 

3 people like this

I can check on my other pc , go to CSR and  hit player , than enemy contact and it shows you who you just killed.

29 minutes ago, tatonka said:

I can check on my other pc , go to CSR and  hit player , than enemy contact and it shows you who you just killed.

Enemy contact list is pretty big, and you sit there and compare before and after for each kill? LOL seems like an awful lot of trouble for nothing.  

I treat every kill, no matter how stupidly they were acting, as a vet, and I do fine. 

1 person likes this

that's fine with me , also turn off who killed ya for a hr also .

Just spotted this thread. 

Kill notice being on during the live campaign :  (nice now that it is fixed) 

That is not really what the game is about , knowing right away that you Killed your foe takes the a great amount of excitement out.   It is the not knowing if he or she is or isn't alive  that makes your heart pump faster !

So that being said  we will not be having it on during the live campaign. 

Kill notification will remain for Intermission and Special Events.