Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
burton89

mouse as infantry - vertical sens is half of horizontal sens

6 posts in this topic

(the following pretains only to mouselook hip aim and sighted aim as infantry, i have not tested any other mode or vehicle)

I just tried to come back to the game after so many years today but one thing was holding me back was the "gun swing" physics and more cripplingly, the vertical sens being half of horizontal sens, that is when I move the mouse up 1 inch it goes half as far as it would if I were to move the mouse right one inch. Even doubling the vertical sens in the config file seems to double the horizontal sens as well, even though the only value I changed was the vertical one. Someone said its a bug and it's being worked on, so I hope that's the case. Could anyone confirm this? If not then I could get used to this, and sacrifice my muscle memory for every other fps game ever made. But it's just a huge turn off for me considering how important boots on the ground are.

here's my global.calib from the cfml folder in case anyone wants it or needs it.

https://pastebin.com/DhyZwnyQ

I have not had the experience of the vertical doubling my horizontal, but when i do this, i dont save it as global calib, i save it as infantry.calib
as i dont need those changes globally, they will screw with turrets etc.

I can post mine up here later

I have the opposite problem, in FPS games that make no differentiation between horizontal movement and vertical, the same speed that lets you spin 360's
on the horizontal results in me spazzing out the vertical aiming part since there is a lot less movement involved there, it resembles a n00b trying to play an FPS with
a playstation controller for the 1st time.

And yes, we need an ingame method of tuning the vertical and horizontal separately, like a few other games have

Edited by Merlin51

ok here is my updated infantry.calib file, I did this to try and double the vertical sensitivity and all it did was double both vertical and horizontal.

https://pastebin.com/hQrPgape

edit: yeah i see what you're saying merlin. Like I said I could get used to it like you are but I've spent hundreds of hours in target practice in counter-strike in the past year or so, i would love it if i could emulate that sort of feel in wwiiol. back when I used to play wwiiol a lot though (almost 10 years ago now wow) I believe I had my squad help me set up the cfml

Edited by burton89

Not sure why it is doing that, though i do notice you have the sighted view speed same as none sighted
Maybe you want that? makes it a bit hard on long distance shots to me

Yes that is correct I prefer to have sighted speed the same as hip aim

ok i have toyed around with this a little and now with these settings I test them by flicking from muscle memory and what I find is that with this file for some reason the horizontal sens is about 4x the vertical. Here's the file.

https://pastebin.com/NSgc340Y

edit: disregard that its still 2x I actually measured this time

Edited by burton89

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0