Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
downtown

Orders visible before spawn in

11 posts in this topic

This is especially important at an FMS if they are camped.  Most people click a mission and spawn in without the orders and they don't appear on screen until after they spawn in.  There needs to be a "splash screen" or the orders need to be displayed before you click to enter, so an ML can post if a FMS is camped so people can know whether or not they may be spawning into a camped FMS (even into a camped AB.)

I have spammed that an AB or FMS is camped on the Mission channel.

Additionally if you don't know how to delete a FMS don't make one.

Go to the map, you'll see a blue way-point icon that says "MOBILE SPAWN" right click on it, a menu comes up that has options, one of them is "DELETE" the way supply is now, now we can't afford to blindly lose forty people spawning in at a camped FMS.   Don't be afraid to ".takelead" from an AFK Mission leader and delete an FMS yourself.   If you make an FMS you have a responsibility to it, the title is MISSION LEADER, not FMS MAKER AND IGNORER.

Seconded, it would be very useful to see order before spawning in. We would need an opportunity to cancel spawn and/or disable the FMS checkbox within the proposed splash screen.

36 minutes ago, rote7 said:

Seconded, it would be very useful to see order before spawning in.

fourthed

On 5/7/2019 at 10:47 AM, audimrfy said:

fourthed

umm, chaps, the MISSION ORDERS for a MISSION including missions with FMS are visible BEFORE YOU SPAWN IN now. not very prominent, not big green type top of  one's screen- and could  certainly use a tweak, but you see them bottom right of mission screen on  BRIEFING tab where it says: MISSION ORDERS with an underline. 

but only if the ML puts orders in (including CAMPED DO NOT SPAWN -  FB BUST PRECAMP DO NOT SPAWN - EWS FMS/COME BACK LATER) and so on. I try to do this for each mission when ML. Wish more did. 

Orders are displayed in the chat bar when you join a mission on the UI, so that’s before spawning.

You  maybe ment « before joining a mission »?

aiqoW19.jpgI meant something like this, up in the corner, as you scroll the missions, you can slide that Mission Leader, Origin, Target/Type, Mobile SPawn to the Left and use that entire right area to fit the orders in.

Edited by downtown

As others have said orders are already present prior to spawning in. Issue is that orders are rarely placed by Amal because from a gameplay perspective they are pretty useless (hence why nobody bothers).

Not to hijack this thread, but the real solution is to junk the entire mission system and move to a geographic click facility > spawn model where all you look at is a map with a green bar over each facility/FMS/AB so you quickly know the number of players spawned from that area.

What we have now is a legacy from the initial game design in 2001, and TBH it has neve worked and with FMS use now the problem are even more evident where you  have no idea where the FMS that you are spawning into even is. It's the perpetual lottery of clicking on a new FMS abd hoping it not somewhere out in the middle of nowhere. Orders stating where the FMS is won't happen since we see now players already don't do that. An alternative system is needed.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, aismov said:

As others have said orders are already present prior to spawning in. Issue is that orders are rarely placed by Amal because from a gameplay perspective they are pretty useless (hence why nobody bothers).

Not to hijack this thread, but the real solution is to junk the entire mission system and move to a geographic click facility > spawn model where all you look at is a map with a green bar over each facility/FMS/AB so you quickly know the number of players spawned from that area.

What we have now is a legacy from the initial game design in 2001, and TBH it has neve worked and with FMS use now the problem are even more evident where you  have no idea where the FMS that you are spawning into even is. It's the perpetual lottery of clicking on a new FMS abd hoping it not somewhere out in the middle of nowhere. Orders stating where the FMS is won't happen since we see now players already don't do that. An alternative system is needed.

+10

I use them, and I think they are important, it says MISSION LEADER, I know a lot of people aren't "MISSION LEADERS" and I wish they wouldn't post mission.  People put up FMS and walk away from them, then they get camped and 60 people get attrited spawning in at them because there is no Communication.    People put up a FMS and they don't even know how to manage them, they don't know how to delete them, and people are spawning in oblivious.   I would like them to have some awareness before spawning in.    I usually try to cover my FMS and try to advise people who spawn in where contacts are so they can avoid walking into a killing field.

If I had my way I'd have people learning infantry tactic, squad discipline, refusing flanks, etc. advance and cover etc.      They way I feel 99% of the time in this game is isolated and alone with 0 support and information, blind and deaf, anyone who dies to me should be ashamed.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0