Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delems

Garrison numbers for .ne

19 posts in this topic

I don't get the garrison numbers for countries using .ne

boz uses 4 and 5, yet huesden uses 0 and 1. (army navy)

Seems no consistency?

Its completely random and could change the next time towns are added.. The garrisons can not move so ".ne" is not really relevant garrisons.

So, even if I memorize Boz is gsnberX, I'll never be able to do a correct .du on it for supply ?

Since the X is always variable?

I'll have to do it (type .du gsnberX) 5 times to see which one is the one I want?

12 minutes ago, delems said:

So, even if I memorize Boz is gsnberX, I'll never be able to do a correct .du on it for supply ?

reliably? No. Those numbers can change especially when new towns are added. Its been discussed about things like that in our new UI when we can get to that. 

13 minutes ago, delems said:

I'll have to do it (type .du gsnberX) 5 times to see which one is the one I want?

Until we can get it into the UI, you are correct. Don't expect these names/numbers to change often though. 

Ever occur to make each number a nation/branch?

So we might have consistency?  Zero Heer, One KM, Two LW, Three FJ, Four France army, etc......

11 hours ago, delems said:

Ever occur to make each number a nation/branch?

So we might have consistency?  Zero Heer, One KM, Two LW, Three FJ, Four France army, etc......

No, because the Heer Garrison is also the French Army Garrison is also the US Army Garrison, etc. They change hands and supply information, but as an entity they remain the same branch with the same designation until reset (end of campaign? Never?).

IIRC, it should be:

1 is Army

2 is Navy

3 is Air Force

4 is Airborne

3 hours ago, Chaoswzkd said:

No, because the Heer Garrison is also the French Army Garrison is also the US Army Garrison, etc. They change hands and supply information, but as an entity they remain the same branch with the same designation until reset (end of campaign? Never?).

IIRC, it should be:

1 is Army

2 is Navy

3 is Air Force

4 is Airborne

What is 0?

If there's a 0, then it must be 0-index. In that case, it'd be

0 - Army

1 - Navy

2 - Air Force

3 - Airborne

Now, the character limit on garrison names also caused some problems, as they had to be named after what town they were in. You'll note that we have a tone of "St." And "Ste." towns, so you might also see "gsnst00" or something like that. The "st0" bit refers to the first "St" town the game parsed when adding garrisons. "st1" would be the second, etc. Unfortunately, you won't exactly know which is which by the name alone.

Or, at least, that's how I had things set up. Not sure if that got changed.

1 hour ago, delems said:

So how is Boz 0 and 1 while Heusden is 4 and 5?

Where are you seeing this? I just logged in and checked and confirmed what I'm seeing in the database... GsnHue0 and GsnHue1

The reason you cannot depend on using the short codes is stuff like this, GsnSt23 which is St Martin-Osmonville Army Garrison.

21 hours ago, SNIPER62 said:

The reason you cannot depend on using the short codes is stuff like this, GsnSt23 which is St Martin-Osmonville Army Garrison.

GsnSt23 is the Army?? So what are 0, 1, and 2? Or did they get deleted and re-added or something?

The first number should have been Army if the scripts I wrote were used.

No, that means there are St0-23 du to there being many towns that start with "St.". Your script was used, with minimul alterations to deal with "."s in town names.

I think the confusion is that there's a difference between the unit code, that's used with .commands and the nickname.

Unit Code Full Title Nickname
GsnAnt0    Antwerp Central Army Garrison GsnAntwerp Central0
GsnAnt1 Antwerp Central Navy Garrison GsnAntwerp Central1
GsnAnt2 Antheny Army Garrison GsnAntheny0
GsnAnt3 Antwerp South Army Garrison GsnAntwerp South0
GsnAnt4 Antwerp South Navy Garrison          GsnAntwerp South1
GsnAnt5 Antwerp South Air Force Garrison GsnAntwerp South2
GsnAnt6 Antwerp South Airborne Garrison GsnAntwerp South3
GsnAnt7 Antwerp North Army Garrison GsnAntwerp North0
GsnAnt8 Antwerp North Navy Garrison GsnAntwerp North1

*** Where are you seeing this? I just logged in and checked and confirmed what I'm seeing in the database... GsnHue0 and GsnHue1

When I join Heusden flags and type .ne

Are you saying the .ne command is no longer accurate?

What about .du then?

Again, what are you talking about?

.du

then

.ne (like scking said, this is pointless for Garrisons)

pFtiHvB.jpg

I'm taking about .du;    .ne shows same results as .du in terms of flags and short names.

(I know .ne is superfluous in terms of actual use - worthless command now [eg garrisons].... the issue is the names..... not the function of the command)

My basic point is there is no consistency with short names - some are 0 some are 1  some are 4 some are 5; yet all the same country and branch type.

This makes no sense.

Just found a 3 and a 4.

All these are axis army and navy flags;  so I got 3 numbers for axis army and navy (at least).  And in one case 4 stands for army and in another it stands for navy....... ?

And as a 2nd issue - .du no longer functions reliably - the .du does not accurately show your units resupply in some cases.

Edited by delems

Axis were spoiled over the years with TOES naming convention haha try remembering 4thmacrd or 2ndlmd or the various French brigade codes which were completely random 

15 hours ago, SNIPER62 said:

No, that means there are St0-23 du to there being many towns that start with "St.". Your script was used, with minimul alterations to deal with "."s in town names.

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I forgot it just adds to the Garrison #. Thought it added to the town name #. My bad.

*** Axis were spoiled over the years with TOES naming convention

Past history of naming conventions has nothing to do with todays random naming convention.

It is hard if you are HC trying to monitor supply.

Edited by delems

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0