• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sorella

Overstock Mission Questions

7 posts in this topic

1. Assume driving armour or driving inf units from one garrison to another linked garrison town and despawning resupplies or overstocks these units to the target garrison? 

2. HQ Resupply Mission:  example > 4 Div HQ in PAAL   4.1 in DIEST   4.2/4.3 in Schilde (say):  make a HQ mission in Paal to drive armour to resupply /overstock Diest >>>  make the HQ Mission from 4.1 Diest (target) or not? or must be from 4.2 or 4.3 (not in target town) or does it not matter? 

2A. Could one overstock an actual HQ unit (in the above example, in PAAL) by driving armour/inf from 4.2 Diest to Paal or even from 4.1/4.3 from Schilde? and if Schilde (or not) do the resupply units (origin and target) have to be within 1 link? 

3. Does any resupply /overstock mission (garrison or moveable bde)  have to be within 1 link origin to target?

4. Does one have to click the 'resupply mission' toggle left side to actually do a resupply mission? 

5. When creating missions sometimes or not (seems random to me) the choice of 'mission type' includes Resupply. What are the rules/parameters for this or is this just leftover UI stuff that doesn't matter? 

1 hour ago, sorella said:

1. Assume driving armour or driving inf units from one garrison to another linked garrison town and despawning resupplies or overstocks these units to the target garrison?  

2. HQ Resupply Mission:  example > 4 Div HQ in PAAL   4.1 in DIEST   4.2/4.3 in Schilde (say):  make a HQ mission in Paal to drive armour to resupply /overstock Diest >>>  make the HQ Mission from 4.1 Diest (target) or not? or must be from 4.2 or 4.3 (not in target town) or does it not matter? 

2A. Could one overstock an actual HQ unit (in the above example, in PAAL) by driving armour/inf from 4.2 Diest to Paal or even from 4.1/4.3 from Schilde? and if Schilde (or not) do the resupply units (origin and target) have to be within 1 link? 

3. Does any resupply /overstock mission (garrison or moveable bde)  have to be within 1 link origin to target?

4. Does one have to click the 'resupply mission' toggle left side to actually do a resupply mission? 

5. When creating missions sometimes or not (seems random to me) the choice of 'mission type' includes Resupply. What are the rules/parameters for this or is this just leftover UI stuff that doesn't matter? 

I'm no expert but I do overstock from time to time depending on map location, Rats can prob help more however...

1. Yes you can overstock any equipment at 100% or 2 times amount (ie. Diest garrison holds 5 StugB, u can overstock up to 10 max) Im not sure the towns even have to be linked, just make sure your target ab for your overstock is your correct destination when creating mission. But yes linked towns are always the target, no one wants to drive for too long

2. If you want to overstock a KG/Flag from the HQ. Yes you would make the mission in 4.1. Starting point would be Paal AB, since HQ is located there, and then destination target would be Diest AB since that is where 4.1 is located. You can of course do 4.2 or 4.3 same way. But note, inf KGs/flags dont hold top tier pzs. They dont hold pz3H at this time, HQ does, but you can not put a pz3H into that 4.1 or 4.2 at this time. HQ has them but they can not be overstocked into Inf flags... only 4.3 armor etc.

Yes it does matter, your mission must be set up correctly for it to work. I always review what the supply list looks like first, so i would check 4.1 in Diest before even making the overstock mission

2A. I guess you could overstock a HQ, never tried it, but their supply lists is very small. and you would be taking supply away from 4.1/2/3

3. Not sure on that since I have only overstocked from linked towns since i dont wanna drive more than 12-13 mins to do this. But I did test backline town to backline town and that overstock worked...they were linked towns 

4. Good question...i wondered this myself, but I just make sure the starting ab location and destination ab location are correct and roll from there. I never messed around with that option

5. Not sure on this one

Also note, you can NOT overstock a town/garrison for an HQ and you can NOT overstock a flag from a town/garrison. If 4.1 was not in Diest and you tried to overstock Diest garrison ab from HQ in Paal it wont work. Now you can overstock Diest from Paal but that mission must be town ab 2 town ab

Im not a fan of this rule, but thats how it is at this time. I know CRS wanted this option to be in play more but the current rules are pretty strict. Plus its risky too, why would I want to spend 2 hours overstocking Carignan with 10 pz3Hs from a linked back town when it could be capped over night while I am sleep by just ei. All those pz3hs are now gone. 

Now since we only have three divisions across the map, you allow those flags to be overstocked by just regular backline town garrison then things would take off and people would do it....but with the current setup/rules...ii rarely see anyone do it. Plus there are other factors in play too

I'll answer some of the stuff that hasn't been covered:

3) No, you can resupply from Dover to Antwerp if you are so inclined. I believe (but haven't tested) that you can also resupply into a pocket.

4) No, you can do any mission you want and resupply will still work.

When you successfully resupply a unit, on despawning and backing out of the mission you will see the green text that says "Unit X Manually Resupplied to XYZ Army Base."

Best I know:
1) Yes

2) Yes, to resupply 4.1, mission made in HQ must be from 4.1

2a) No, HQs can't be overstocked.

3) No

4) No

5) Left over for the most part

Thx for the answers, much appreciated and much clearer. One last thing that you all seemed to say, but just want to make sure: 

6. Mission from origin <town> to overstock linked target <town> MUST BE Target <ab town> and not just <town> ? 

21 minutes ago, sorella said:

6. Mission from origin <town> to overstock linked target <town> MUST BE Target <ab town> and not just <town> ? 

Correct, or at least thats how I setup the mission and it works every time. Paal AB to Diest AB on mission screen. Do NOT select town when overstocking. Maybe u can select town or maybe u cant, i never do and just to be safe, select the ab itself as mission target

But like I said, it must be HQ to flags or town 2 town, thats the most important part to remember cause u dont wanna drive for 15 mins and it wont supply your target.

Actually makes no difference.

Any origin CP/AB as defense mission.  Then drive to any CP/AB at target. (remember facility must accept the unit type you are going to RTB)

Or, any origin CP/AB to any target AB/CP as attack mission.  (again, remember facility must accept the unit type you are going to RTB)

Never tried targeting town only.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0