Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Mouse does not fire on first click

pfmosquito

pfmosquito

Something that has been happening to me the last month or so is when I go to shoot someone and the first and maybe second click of the mouse will not fire.  I've noticed it mostly with SMGs but that may be only coincidental.  It happened again a couple of days ago and I figured there must be something wrong with my wireless mouse.  So, I bought a wired one, which I received and played with tonight.  I had the same thing happen.

As you can imagine, this is very annoying.  Many times recently I have gotten the drop on a guy, clicked to no effect, and got shot.  Sad!

I was ready to just chalk it up to something on my end, but talking to some squaddies about it they said they've experienced a similar thing.  I got to thinking that maybe this is happening to a lot of us, but it didn't seem obviously like a bug, so we wrote it off as clumsy click of the mouse or something.  But maybe it is a new thing, so I mention it now.

I did a search of the forums.  It's possible this guy had the same problem:

I have not experienced the escape/diff weapon thing.  I'll try it the next time I fail to fire, assuming I miraculously don't die in the process.  :)

simarauder

Had it happen lots to me, have to hit 1 again and then you can fire.

17 hours ago, pfmosquito said:

Something that has been happening to me the last month or so is when I go to shoot someone and the first and maybe second click of the mouse will not fire.  I've noticed it mostly with SMGs but that may be only coincidental.  It happened again a couple of days ago and I figured there must be something wrong with my wireless mouse.  So, I bought a wired one, which I received and played with tonight.  I had the same thing happen.

As you can imagine, this is very annoying.  Many times recently I have gotten the drop on a guy, clicked to no effect, and got shot.  Sad!

I was ready to just chalk it up to something on my end, but talking to some squaddies about it they said they've experienced a similar thing.  I got to thinking that maybe this is happening to a lot of us, but it didn't seem obviously like a bug, so we wrote it off as clumsy click of the mouse or something.  But maybe it is a new thing, so I mention it now.

I did a search of the forums.  It's possible this guy had the same problem:

I have not experienced the escape/diff weapon thing.  I'll try it the next time I fail to fire, assuming I miraculously don't die in the process.  :)

I haven't had that one in a while but it used to be I had to occasionally press fire once to b able to change weaps as it got 'stuck' on a previous selected weapon say map to rifle and the game would bring up the map when i pressed fire thinking i had my rifle in hand and then i had to select rifle again to use it!

Need to turn your safeties off before combat.

<Runs away LOLing>

• Like 4

Happens to me a few times a day i thought it was the battery for my mouse and put a new one in and that didnt stop it

I've not run into this, but i would say open up an actual support ticket
so some proper investigation can start

I've never had it happen, I didn't know it was even a thing.

Those that have it happen please post up some details if you can about how it happens, what operating system you have etc. Maybe we can link some certain steps to it.

pfmosquito

I have Windows 10.  I was using a wireless Logitech mouse, with the transmitter only about 6 inches away.  I switched to a Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury FPS Gaming Mouse, same problem.

I haven't noticed a rhyme or reason to it, except that it tends to happen when I make first contact with the enemy... who never seems to have the same problem.

I don't know when exactly it started, but it was recent.  It can't have been before the long intermission and mini-campaign.  Sometime after the last real campaign.  I didn't think much about it at first.  That's the best I can do on the timing.

Fixing it by rebooting computer.... 

JOKE

OK looks like I had to disable all my non-Microsoft services to disabled except my firewall and anti-virus services + Steam. Bit heavy OK, just re-enable the ones you want.

I don't know why but I had that Logitech Startup Process "Logitech Update" so I disabled it, rebooted. All fine. Just racked 22 kills SMG sortie in Jodo.

WIndows 10 64 bits

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, choad said:

And all is right in the world ....

No, Québec stills a colony of Canada.

9 hours ago, pfmosquito said:

I don't know when exactly it started, but it was recent. 

Me too .... seen it a couple of times before it registered with me that there was a new problem. And when it did become obvious .... I was French SMG, two kills enroute to CP , got in, got one more kill, fired outside a couple of times for another kill, then, bad-guy entered CP , I aimed my SMG, he aimed his rifle, i fired, and ..... nothing .... he fired and missed. I kept trying to fire and kept getting nothing ... he fired again and missed again .... finally, killed me with his third shot. And, I haven't played infantry again since ....... why bother.

<S>

Seen it many times in the past.  And just yesterday.

Aimed yesterday at enemy, fire... nothing.. aim and fire again he dies.

He was right in front of me on roof.

This has been happening for months. Especially when you are crouching/proning and you stand up to fire your weapon. 

It's not a player's equipment problem, thats for sure. 

Edited by gretnine

43 minutes ago, gretnine said:

This has been happening for months. Especially when you are crouching/proning and you stand up to fire your weapon. 

It's not a player's equipment problem, thats for sure. 

I was prone and stood up when it happened to me.

Sounds like the weapon is not really being selected until after you push fire. It sounds similar to the bug that happens when you lower your weapon then switch to binocs, After lowering binocs you have to push the fire button in order to bring binocs back up then you can switch weapons. Unfortunately, if you have your gun selected you can end up firing off an accidental shot.

I did have this happen last night.
Went to pull trigger on my breda and nada

I had been typing and thought maybe i did not hit enter?
No chat looked ok but sent a single character message just in case, nope still would not fire

hit grenades, then back to smg
nope would not fire, not even the out of ammo click
and mag said 27 rounds in it

Heh thought i was going to die standing there holding a plastic gun.
By this time the EI had seen me and was chasing me round the damned oil tanks

Out of desperation, i just hit reload, and BLAMMO!
We had rounds down range again.
The rifle guy chasing me was less than pleased.

I could not replicate it though, will keep trying to see if there is a specific event sequence that can trigger it.
But i did send the info to the team to see what they might get from it.
The fact that reloading cleared it might have some significance, maybe.

new feature? weapon jams? LOL
kidding, i would hope something like that, if it ever became a feature, would come with a big onscreen message JAMMED!

7 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

I could not replicate it though, will keep trying to see if there is a specific event sequence that can trigger it.

Crouching/proning definitely has something to do with it. When it keeps happening to me, the usual scenario is crouching up and down multiple times while sidestepping and then ADS:ing and trying to fire. 

Edited by gretnine
  • Like 1

I fire just fine on my first shot - just no effect, have to fire 2nd shot to get kill.