• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
matamor

Add Stats Top KD / TOM ratio players

53 posts in this topic

Can we add this to drop down please?

This will truly measure what are the players that represents the biggest assets for their side when they are online. It should even get just below Top Killers. 

I hate big TOM...small TOM with high kills is a good TOM

2 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

I hate big TOM...small TOM with high kills is a good TOM

High TOM represents high pressure on SD and cap timers. Make it valuable!

We don't have 20's anymore, cant spend 12 hours a day  

This is the formula I propose :

Kills / TOM = 

3 hours ago, matamor said:

High TOM represents high pressure on SD and cap timers. Make it valuable!

We don't have 20's anymore, cant spend 12 hours a day  

This is the formula I propose :

Kills / TOM =

Hmm that's more a camp stat.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, matamor said:

Can we add this to drop down please?

This will truly measure what are the players that represents the biggest assets for their side when they are online. It should even get just below Top Killers. 

define 'biggest assets' please. don't forget to leave out a few 'e' 's' and 't' letters. 

I'd take 3 cps and 1 bunker capped in 20 minutes over 20 kills in 20 minutes. or a 20m truck drive to get a good fms in place say in west verdun. or a DO with spawn capped defended fb bust or a tank with low k/d but successful bunker cut - before I'd measure any infantryman's K/D/TOM ratio as a 'biggest asset'. when stats like those are compiled perhaps one can start to think about taking stats seriously. until then, glory in your own self-absorbed glory. 

camping, as far as I've seen, may be fulfilling to some, but it drives away new and ftp players and reinforces the oldest pvp game weakness of all.  but takes all kinds, together, for one side or another to capture a town and/or win a campaign. 

53 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Hmm that's more a camp stat.

Kilemall 11 - 11 May 05 19:50

Hmm you chose the wrong side?

28 minutes ago, sorella said:

define 'biggest assets' please. don't forget to leave out a few 'e' 's' and 't' letters. 

I'd take 3 cps and 1 bunker capped in 20 minutes over 20 kills in 20 minutes. or a 20m truck drive to get a good fms in place say in west verdun. or a DO with spawn capped defended fb bust or a tank with low k/d but successful bunker cut - before I'd measure any infantryman's K/D/TOM ratio as a 'biggest asset'. when stats like those are compiled perhaps one can start to think about taking stats seriously. until then, glory in your own self-absorbed glory. 

camping, as far as I've seen, may be fulfilling to some, but it drives away new and ftp players and reinforces the oldest pvp game weakness of all.  but takes all kinds, together, for one side or another to capture a town and/or win a campaign. 

Last time we met I killed you twice in Buzancy and I was guarding CPs that you tried to solocap.

Your whole points are obsolete. You clearly look that you don't know me what I bring to my side.

29 minutes ago, sorella said:

I generally agree but i don't take issue with more stats. If that gets a certain type of player more likely to spend more time playing, i am all for it.

Many of the "Top Lists" factor in caps as well. So for "Top Rifleman" as an example, the formula it uses is...

(Kills + (Caps * 5)) * KD Ratio

4 minutes ago, matamor said:
Kilemall 11 - 11 May 05 19:50

Hmm you chose the wrong side?

No, that was you in that bunker, I generally speaking don't take MGs except in extreme circumstances, and rifles are like water no harm in expending them.  In fact it's a win to dig an MG out with rifles so the bunker isn't taken when it hurts.  Next time I charge the woodpile though, think I'll use the knife.

And I notice you didn't cab the AB.

49 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

No, that was you in that bunker, I generally speaking don't take MGs except in extreme circumstances, and rifles are like water no harm in expending them.  In fact it's a win to dig an MG out with rifles so the bunker isn't taken when it hurts.  Next time I charge the woodpile though, think I'll use the knife.

And I notice you didn't cab the AB.

Allied will like you have you back, you are a product of that house. I would say any allied vets are more than welcome right now...

Yeah I didn't cap it but I racked 17 or 19 kills with my slave and 9 others as the bait.

My TOM rank ingame is #284 my killer rank is #28....i spend my time committing mass murder as much as i can in the hopes that it helps and atm its only 50/50 that it really makes a difference....i killed 16 ei with smg yesterday in a few minutes and the town was falling fast even with me shooting a nonstop parade of smgs leaving the spawnable so sometimes its just fun to shoot stuff....i had zero chance of recapping by myself so i did what i could do in the hopes i had help coming then i can concentrate on the cp recap

Also i know axis vets like loonie ibshot and bierbear are on the hunt so i get a lil trigger happy trying to kill some old foes from years past....some of these guys with 3/4000 tom and map just started is crazy...buzancy before there was ei around every corner for the first 5 minutes after spawnable was capped by them and it was me and cat5 vs about 7-10 good axis players so when the cavalry finally came i wanted some payback :)

2 hours ago, matamor said:

Last time we met I killed you twice in Buzancy and I was guarding CPs that you tried to solocap.

Your whole points are obsolete. You clearly look that you don't know me what I bring to my side.

lmao. I solocap afk matamor; I'm easy kills > the whole point of me being in buzancy (with 1 other ewser) is that 5 or 6  players like you weren't in antwerp north, which we capped. so thanks for that. 

the points aren't obsolete, just different > I say many times it takes all kinds of players for a side to capture a town/win a campaign - drivers, stats ppl, tankers, fb busters, cappers and guarders. 

you are good player and bon chum, but given your side's record over the last few years, one has to say that whatever you bring to your side isn't nearly enough. most stats players, not all, just aren't great team players. 

43 minutes ago, sorella said:

lmao. I solocap afk matamor; I'm easy kills > the whole point of me being in buzancy (with 1 other ewser) is that 5 or 6  players like you weren't in antwerp north, which we capped. so thanks for that. 

the points aren't obsolete, just different > I say many times it takes all kinds of players for a side to capture a town/win a campaign - drivers, stats ppl, tankers, fb busters, cappers and guarders. 

you are good player and bon chum, but given your side's record over the last few years, one has to say that whatever you bring to your side isn't nearly enough. most stats players, not all, just aren't great team players. 

Your side?...how long ago u leave the allies?..came back from a 2 year break and i see alot of names over there on axis side that used to play cards with me in the bunkers ;)

Edited by Jsilec

1 hour ago, Jsilec said:

Your side?...how long ago u leave the allies?..came back from a 2 year break and i see alot of names over there on axis side that used to play cards with me in the bunkers ;)

squad left allied 3 years ago, after 12+ years with 23rd, BTZ, AEF, etc. Now a small axis squad called QoR. No need to go into the reasons, but not much different than why other players like Kilemall also switched. I do remember a long card-game with bud4u, okiemoe and you in the Hellevoetius bunker though. 

I'm disappointed you haven't noticed the switch, because you kill me a lot. S! 

50 minutes ago, sorella said:

squad left allied 3 years ago, after 12+ years with 23rd, BTZ, AEF, etc. Now a small axis squad called QoR. No need to go into the reasons, but not much different than why other players like Kilemall also switched. I do remember a long card-game with bud4u, okiemoe and you in the Hellevoetius bunker though. 

I'm disappointed you haven't noticed the switch, because you kill me a lot. S! 

don't mind the switch like I said I was gone since 3/2016...seen a lot more in my stats who were long time vets of allies now axis and it makes me scratch my head because the last thing the allied side needs to lose right now is vet players........seeing comments on the last few years and I am baffled as to what transpired to leave the allied side namely the squads in such tatters...its certainly not matamor type of play because he is the 1st guy in a cp or bunker.....anyways happy hunting and I will shoot you alot 

4 hours ago, matamor said:

Allied will like you have you back, you are a product of that house. I would say any allied vets are more than welcome right now...

Yeah I didn't cap it but I racked 17 or 19 kills with my slave and 9 others as the bait.

Eh.  I didn't leave the Allies.  Allies left me.

25 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

.......seeing comments on the last few years and I am baffled as to what transpired to leave the allied side namely the squads in such tatters...its certainly not matamor type of play because he is the 1st guy in a cp or bunker..... 

"certainly not..."? you sure? ask around. think about why AoMercy one of the most dedicated Allied vets left. Gotta do a lot to [censored] her off. 

Stats'R'U. UBStats. IamStats.  Childish, sophomoric and tiresome and ultimately side and morale defeating. 

We be bed a lot us. 

18 minutes ago, sorella said:

"certainly not..."? you sure? ask around. think about why AoMercy one of the most dedicated Allied vets left. Gotta do a lot to [censored] her off. 

Stats'R'U. UBStats. IamStats.  Childish, sophomoric and tiresome and ultimately side and morale defeating. 

We be bed a lot us. 

Genuinely have no idea what has happened 

7 hours ago, sorella said:

I'd take 3 cps and 1 bunker capped in 20 minutes over 20 kills in 20 minutes.

Come play with me, need all the help i can get
kmp11g4.png

6 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

Come play with me, need all the help i can get
kmp11g4.png

Related image

Add knife kill stat.

And allow gambling. Put 5 dollars in pool for campaign or tier, can choose pool for honorable players, top ho gets 10 back, maybe more depending on how many enter, no one else gets any, CRS gets the rest. People who obviously cheat still collect but are brutally shamed in forums.

CRS uses the extra loot to model the p-47. Blggles rules the sky, is top fighter.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, blggles said:

Add knife kill stat.

And allow gambling. Put 5 dollars in pool for campaign or tier, can choose pool for honorable players, top ho gets 10 back, maybe more depending on how many enter, no one else gets any, CRS gets the rest. People who obviously cheat still collect but are brutally shamed in forums.

CRS uses the extra loot to model the p-47. Blggles rules the sky, is top fighter.

+10/ Gambling for Stats FTW. 

I really don’t consider stats guys the red-headed step-child bastages that apparently some other do. Look at it this way, it frees up the guys who place a higher value on other things – to do those other things. Whether that be driving trucks to set-up mobile spawns, cap cp’s, set-up anti-air defenses, set-up anti-tank defense, etc. Everything is made a little easier by not having that pesky EI kill your truck as you set-up your mobile spawn, or having your AA gun sniped by some prick.

As long as there are predictable spawn points in this game, infantry and tank tactics will always boil down to trying to cut things off at the source. If you see an enemy mobile spawn and you pass on an opportunity to suppress it (camp it) or blow it up – you are not doing your job. Now if you are trying to talk others on your side into not taking it down so that you can rack up kills – well that is pretty poor form and that is where the line is crossed for me. The crème de la crème when tanking is to camp the vehicle spawn outright and lock it down (whether that be at an FB or in town). Similarly, when attacking a town – there is great value in keeping the enemy infantry confined to their spawn points (depots and AB compound) as much as possible. Obviously, it makes capping much easier. Furthermore, racking up kills and capping/guarding CP’s go hand in hand in this game. It isn’t that you have to pick one or the other – one actually reinforces the other in most instances.  

If we don’t like this type of game-play there really needs to be some changes made to spawn points and the entire capture system itself.

2 hours ago, choad said:

I really don’t consider stats guys the red-headed step-child bastages that apparently some other do. Look at it this way, it frees up the guys who place a higher value on other things – to do those other things. Whether that be driving trucks to set-up mobile spawns, cap cp’s, set-up anti-air defenses, set-up anti-tank defense, etc. Everything is made a little easier by not having that pesky EI kill your truck as you set-up your mobile spawn, or having your AA gun sniped by some prick.

As long as there are predictable spawn points in this game, infantry and tank tactics will always boil down to trying to cut things off at the source. If you see an enemy mobile spawn and you pass on an opportunity to suppress it (camp it) or blow it up – you are not doing your job. Now if you are trying to talk others on your side into not taking it down so that you can rack up kills – well that is pretty poor form and that is where the line is crossed for me. The crème de la crème when tanking is to camp the vehicle spawn outright and lock it down (whether that be at an FB or in town). Similarly, when attacking a town – there is great value in keeping the enemy infantry confined to their spawn points (depots and AB compound) as much as possible. Obviously, it makes capping much easier. Furthermore, racking up kills and capping/guarding CP’s go hand in hand in this game. It isn’t that you have to pick one or the other – one actually reinforces the other in most instances.  

If we don’t like this type of game-play there really needs to be some changes made to spawn points and the entire capture system itself.

totally fair and correct points. but it (camping for stats) breaks down at certain critical points, mostly to do with timing, for example:

• camping /chasing out of town EFMS while spawns and cps are being capped or worse, are already capped in town 
  • camping a spawn depot from a sweet spot while bunkers and other cps are being capped
  • spawning tanks to camp out of town EFMS for stats as the town falls
  • camping a fb bust EFMS while the sappers blow the tents anyway using an ammobox

see this all the time, and especially unhelpful in low pop or when underpop in a certain area/town.  no question top killers are one of the assets that both sides need and who is going to stop players chasing stats anyways? mostly about broader situational awareness and as always what combination of players/units/stuff gets the job at hand done. 

but more, deeper and varied stats might be fun for a lot of players and yeah, gambling/prizes for those stats would be a great motivator. and CRS makes money from their house cut of the pots. 

I'd throw extra money in a pool for a shot at winning cash or subs or DLCs for top truckers, top haulers, top cappers, top solo cappers, top fb busters, most EFMS blowed up, top bridge blowers, top bunker cappists and I'm sure others would for top knife kills, RDP bombing, most kills on smgs, lmgs, engineers, sappers, rpats,  tank types, plane models, and most use of ALL CAPS in game chat. Like that.