matamor

Add Stats Top KD / TOM ratio players

53 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sorella said:

totally fair and correct points. but it (camping for stats) breaks down at certain critical points, mostly to do with timing, for example:

• camping /chasing out of town EFMS while spawns and cps are being capped or worse, are already capped in town 
  • camping a spawn depot from a sweet spot while bunkers and other cps are being capped
  • spawning tanks to camp out of town EFMS for stats as the town falls
  • camping a fb bust EFMS while the sappers blow the tents anyway using an ammobox

see this all the time, and especially unhelpful in low pop or when underpop in a certain area/town.  no question top killers are one of the assets that both sides need and who is going to stop players chasing stats anyways? mostly about broader situational awareness and as always what combination of players/units/stuff gets the job at hand done. 

All solid points as well.

13 hours ago, Jsilec said:

Genuinely have no idea what has happened 

I've been here this whole time and I don't even know what happened.  

I don't know if stats made the game really better. 

I always and would not mind the real old stats back, the ones where one only saw what type one has killed with what .

No names no nothing ,just equipment shown.

I think the forums were friendlier back then too. Now we ( and it's human nature) actually hate certain player cause they always get the better of one and real resentment creeps up. And we don't even know each other . But it shows in the tone the forums take , and I'm at fault sometimes there too.

In other occasions people call certain other players now cheaters ( cause we do have the names now ) . Happens on both sides  . All that would not be possible if we would only have equipment stats . 

It's hard to put a name behind a Panzer or Allied Tank or Infantry running around when we are not given such. All we could go by is that player got the better of me and that be it. One would not know who it was and it make it so much harder to figure out the tactic too.

Take me for example , if you are in an Allied tank and you blow up and you see my tag , most likely I'm sitting in a Stug somewhere hiding if you did not get to see me , but you kind of know it cause of my killed by tag. Now without tag unless another player saw what and where it came from you would have to guess and try maybe a few different tactics before being successful. 

I think you get what I'm trying to say.

Stats serve a purpose but also are very telling . Especially in our game cause we play on the same server every day and usually run into the same player over and over. Other games on jumps from server to server and very seldom does one run into the same guys.

2 people like this

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 6:46 PM, matamor said:

Can we add this to drop down please?

This will truly measure what are the players that represents the biggest assets for their side when they are online. It should even get just below Top Killers. 

It is very easy to calculate -  you just do the arithmetic and divide your number of kills by your TOM or vice versa? If this is beyond you, and I am sure it is not, Time divided by kills will give the average time per kill, kills divided by time (in minutes) will give you kills per minute. 

Or could it be that you know how to do the calculation, but you just want others to know how many kills you get per hour in game? If that is all it is just make a thread and post your figures in it, then the millions who want to know can read it and "like it" there and save the rest of us the bother. Maybe you could use facebook or tweeter instead and trend across the gaming universe?

S! Ian 

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 6:59 PM, dre21 said:

Stats serve a purpose but also are very telling . Especially in our game cause we play on the same server every day and usually run into the same player over and over. Other games on jumps from server to server and very seldom does one run into the same guys.

You meet the same players day after day, and usually the same guys that ran into the CP yesterday, unscathed through a hail of SMG bullets from left right and centre, kill everyone with rifle or pistol and start capping, are the same lagging players day after day as well. 

I think more people have left the game because of the same group of "awesome" players (from both sides I hasten to add) who due to their connections seem "almost" unkillable, until they stop jumping around. I know we all experience lag in game, but I am pretty sure any players who regularly try and cap or defend CPs in towns die to the same warpy lagging so and so's again and again.

If we could fix the laggers we might have a game that new players would stick with and subscribe to.

S! ian 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, nily said:

Who is this TOM?

S!

LIES

I feel haters on us. 

9 hours ago, nily said:

Who is this TOM?

S!

LIES

not sure, but Jerry seems to have it out for him... 

6 hours ago, matamor said:

I feel haters on us. 

Agree. The top stat should just be TOM - nothing to do with k/d, caps or anything else. Just TOM. Totally the best stat. 

Image result for hourglass gif

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, sorella said:

Agree. The top stat should just be TOM - nothing to do with k/d, caps or anything else. Just TOM. Totally the best stat. 

tenor.gif

I'm trying to make Statsgruppen an actual squad.

You need to have over 3.5 inf KD...

1 capture or guarding something longer than 2 minutes = written warning

2 captures / driving a fms / resupply mission / towing  / rdp bombing / sitting in an aa gun = instant kicked from squad

Edited by dfire
2 people like this

1 hour ago, dfire said:

1 capture or guarding something longer than 2 minutes = written warning

2 captures / driving a fms / resupply mission / towing  / rdp bombing / sitting in an aa gun = instant kicked from squad

?
Huh?

I wonder how many newbies even know stats exist?.  It could help new player retention, imo, if it was linked from the game UI.

Hello kgarner, sgthenning. :lol:

I wish I could just find a nice cut angle and cut down as many kills as possible..... but thankfully there are more dynamic aspects of the game that are more important usually.  First, stat'ers usually only play high volume zone play.  EI they wont spawn much unless the enemy has a spawnable or they have a spawnable in town.  Very rarely will you see a matamor rushing a bunker filled with nme smg's with a rifle (cuz thats all that is left) to clear it.  So I am leery of rewarding players that stick only to specific niche type play styles that leave out many other important factors.

I know on attacks I have to adjust my gameplay based on many variables other than "what can I do to get the most kills in the shortest amount of time".  Do we have the spawnable? Is our spawnable defended? Is nme armor starting to close around our ZOC? Are there FMS's up? Are the FMS's in good locations, and are there enough?  How much armor support do we need?  What kind of force are we experiencing in the push back?  What is the quality of the player we are facing vs those we have on-site?

I do almost no defending...... and defending is much easier to rack up the most kills in the shortest amount of time.  But I would rather take towns and win maps than have the higest K/d / TOM possible.

Edited by kgarner
1 person likes this

and the more time you play the lower your K/D will be.... just a law of aggregated systems.

Like matamor for example...... low shorties decent K/D.  Though it continuously goes lower as the campaign progresses...... usually starts something like 3.5 ends something like 2.  As you can see in career (or the most aggregated version) ..... even the great matamor is only a 2:1 player overall.

Career

Current Campaign

Campaign #162

Country Branch Rank Sorties Kills Deaths K/D Sorties Kills Deaths K/D Sorties Kills Deaths K/D
rightarrow.png United Kingdom Army Lt Col 5,735 7,816 3,388 2.31 294 505 180 2.81 201 337 123 2.74
rightarrow.png United Kingdom Air Force Sgt 112 58 61 0.95 2 1 2 0.5 1 - - -
  United Kingdom Navy QM Sgt 199 180 79 2.28 - - - - - - - -
  United States Army Lt Col 2,404 4,133 1,363 3.03 - - - - 174 443 109 4.06
rightarrow.png France Army Lt Col 11,332 17,315 6,910 2.51 448 907 316 2.87 374 806 250 3.22
rightarrow.png France Air Force Sgt 100 100 66 1.52 3 1 1 1 - - - -
  France Navy QM Sgt 149 149 71 2.1 - - - - - - - -
  Allies Totals: 20,031 29,751 11,938 2.49 747 1,414 499 2.83 750 1,586 482 3.29
  Germany Army Lt Col 79,540 94,148 47,497 1.98 - - - - 104 218 58 3.76
  Germany Air Force Col Sgt 2,678 2,654 1,853 1.43 - - - - - - - -
  Germany Navy 2nd Lt 717 640 319 2.01 - - - - - - - -
  Axis Totals: 82,935 97,442 49,669 1.96 - - - - 104 218 58 3.76
  Player Totals: 102,966 127,193 61,607 2.06 747 1,414 499 2.83 854 1,804 540 3.34
Edited by kgarner

3 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

?
Huh?

Was a joke lol. 

Some people think good stats and running fms, capping, etc. are mutually exclusive. 

For this proposed stat I wouldn't be that good since I do a decent share of fms's, guarding, fb busts, etc. Also my Tiger/stug missions are usually drawn out and methodical since I play them like they were historically used and dont rush in and get sapped

11 hours ago, kgarner said:

Like matamor for example...... low shorties decent K/D.  Though it continuously goes lower as the campaign progresses...... usually starts something like 3.5 ends something like 2.  As you can see in career (or the most aggregated version) ..... even the great matamor is only a 2:1 player overall

I played 10yearzzz+ CQB with [censored] FPS in town. Never been above 20-25fps except during TZ3 when there was no air over town.

Also K/D would be higher if you play the overpop side which allied couldn't have more than 2-3 hours a day VS 18-20 for axis a day this campaign.

Edited by matamor
1 person likes this

17 hours ago, dfire said:

Was a joke lol. 

Seriously, Statsgruppen is serious and real. Ask Marcion5 the XO; he just booted me from STG ("Maximum Kills, Minimum Risk") for capping two cps in Beauraing yesterday instead of camping the depots.  I blame dfire though, because it was his idea to put in the '2 caps and out' squad rule. 

Image result for STG logo

On 5/19/2019 at 0:40 AM, sorella said:

Seriously, Statsgruppen is serious and real. Ask Marcion5 the XO; he just booted me from STG ("Maximum Kills, Minimum Risk") for capping two cps in Beauraing yesterday instead of camping the depots.  I blame dfire though, because it was his idea to put in the '2 caps and out' squad rule. 

That's an awesome logo. I will definitely upload it to the Statsgruppen page.

1 person likes this

Who cares, Squad doesn't show stats until the end of the game, and it shows it by points and kills. Campaign stats should show at the end of campaign and that's it, same with battles per AO.

On 5/22/2019 at 2:00 AM, knucks said:

Who cares, Squad doesn't show stats until the end of the game, and it shows it by points and kills. Campaign stats should show at the end of campaign and that's it, same with battles per AO.

Squad stats show as points/map mover/kill:death ratio u can check them at any point during campaign....as usual AEF dominates kills/caps but i guess thats just me tooting the squads horn...oh and we are recruiting fyi 

14 hours ago, Jsilec said:

Squad stats show as points/map mover/kill:death ratio u can check them at any point during campaign....as usual AEF dominates kills/caps but i guess thats just me tooting the squads horn...oh and we are recruiting fyi 

Pretty sure he was talking about the game Squad.

11 hours ago, choad said:

Pretty sure he was talking about the game Squad.

My bad

On 5/22/2019 at 2:00 AM, knucks said:

you obviously care because you take this stats stuff almost as seriously as STG'No Stats - No Squad'. More importantly, does your Squad Squad have a cool logo? How about a motto?