• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
enemytank

CHALLENGE: Matty MK II x 3H

20 posts in this topic

CHALLENGE:

1 (one)  MATILDA MK II   x    4   (four)  pzer 3H distance 600m front

Is someone enabled on the training server?

On 5/9/2019 at 3:53 PM, enemytank said:

CHALLENGE:

1 (one)  MATILDA MK II   x    4   (four)  pzer 3H distance 600m front

Is someone enabled on the training server?

My question is...why have the past 5-6 mattys I encountered all started firing at me with mg rounds before their main gun me when I am in a pz3H.

Several days ago my pz3H gunner died to mg rounds from a matty...boy was i ticked off. And with 5-6 guys all starting engagements with mgs...i think they know something is wrong with it and the word is out

I think there is something wrong with all three heavies now, char seems really weak, pz3h gunner dies to mg fire and I have had issues with main gun too...not getting very close kills (400-500 meters) and the matty seems way more powerful than it has in the past.

Ooh have to try that mg trick thanks. lol. 

That seems VERY strange Kazee.

Sure they werent CS variants and just tried anything they had ?

19 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

Ooh have to try that mg trick thanks. lol. 

Or maybe this is my reverse psychology practice in motion so I can try and survive longer haha :)

19 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

Sure they werent CS variants and just tried anything they had ?

Good point, maybe 1-2 were... but seriously the past 4-5 engagements have all started with mg rounds and I thought it was odd. But yea Merlin51 at Schilde last week got my gunner with mg rounds. Commander was dead so hatch was open, maybe a mg ound got lucky ?!? 

But when 5-6 guys all did same thing i thought something was strange. 

All n all, like i said above some weird stuff...char seems a lot weaker now and matty is way stronger it seems

Tell bludngut sorry about my rant few weeks ago :angry: he drives me crazy with that darn sapper

EDIT: back to topic at hand for Enemytank

Edited by kazee

Sappers scum hey ...lol

Actually I think you made bluds day :)

9 minutes ago, kazee said:

But yea Merlin51 at Schilde last week got my gunner with mg rounds.

? I did not fire any MG rounds at you.
You were the PZIII H cutting the bridge crossing from across the river, i am pretty sure, cause that was 1st thing i fought, and you came up first in the AAR
I didnt fire any MG, that would have been kind of pointless.
And we couldn't kill each other cause you were mostly hull down hugging the rise along the river, and i had the bridge parts in between.
You fired a last shot and withdrew behind the rise.

I had to come around to where you were, which i could only do because an infantryman was shadowing you and reporting your position, hull facing and turret facing.
When he yelled that you had turned both the turret and hull west, i came over the berm i had crept up behind and shot you in the lower rear flank, twice.

But i didnt shoot any MG rounds until i was up supporting the FMS near the AB.
And i only show the 1 kill on you at the start of the mission.

And that was my only matty mission that i had engaged any armor, my only other one, i crept all the way up the beach to BOZ
only to get swarmed by angry infantry bearing unhappy presents.

2 hours ago, goreblimey said:

Sappers scum hey ...lol

Actually I think you made bluds day :)

haha yea i probably did :) the reason i was so ticked off is because i had an awesome armor vs armor battle going on at over 2000 meters. Engaging 2-3 ets at that battle at Hast a few weeks ago which was a 2+ hour battle. If one of those et would have gotten me no big deal, but he sapped me and ruined the long range engagement so that was what ticked me off....let the armor have some fun with long range battles

Merlin, good memory. Yes you are correct about that whole encounter. I actually thought u were the matty further north and not the one on the bridge, i was engaging you both at same time...the one just north of schilde bridge is the one who got my gunner with mg fire probably 4-5 mins before you flanked around on that ridge when my main gunner was dead. My driver and hull gunner were still alive and there was a efms marked n of my position so instead of despawning without main gun i tried to get around and suppress the enemy spawn with hull gun thats why i reversed even more hull down on that ridge east of bridge. 

I figured since he was the one that got my gunner he would have gotten credit for the kill (assuming it was you)  but i guess not...when u came around that ridge my main gunner was already out....but that matty north of u did mg my gunner for a good 2 mins and i was wondering why, but it actually did kill my gunner. Maybe with commander dead and hatch open it got in, but he was close and through gunner sights i could see it all

Who knows, i had my hands full with both of u guys and while i was on him, maybe you got me from bridge but i was pretty cautious to only let one of u guys see me at a time. Like I said i thought since main gunner died before driver, the kia credit would have gone to him but i guess you got it with driver and hull gunner.

Then a few days later another matty engagement started with all mg fire...thats when i was wondering whats up...maybe gore is right and 1-2 were CS matty 

It can i guess, with any hatch open bullets can get in cause nothing to stop them, i dont think i would bet the farm on doing it though
unless i happened to be standing on the tank pointing an smg straight down the hole, otherwise the angles are worse than vegas odds.
Now an HE round on an open hatch, even some small ones, gives decent odds.

Well if you must know the new complaint from allied tankers is the JU87 is killing Stuarts now with there machine guns...just wanted to pass that on...some funky stuff going on.

Can confirm this..had a stu out today and the only enemy  i engaged was an opel..ju87 came in and started strafing everything - including my stu. Commander was down but it successfully killed my engine with its mg.

Has there been an accidental ap rounds substitution?

Happy to chalk one up to bad luck but multiple occasions today of it happening.

14 minutes ago, dropbear said:

Can confirm this..had a stu out today and the only enemy  i engaged was an opel..ju87 came in and started strafing everything - including my stu. Commander was down but it successfully killed my engine with its mg.

Has there been an accidental ap rounds substitution?

Happy to chalk one up to bad luck but multiple occasions today of it happening.

You were killed by a Ju87 G-2, the tank buster stuka with 37mm cannon. It has no forward fireing mg.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, enemytank said:

matilda mk II is not the same as previous campaigns....

There have been no changes to it since I've been testing.

2 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

There have been no changes to it since I've been testing.

I do not know which test, nor when it was done,
nor did they change anything as a result of this test,
but sure something changed..

maybe not in the matilda but in the panzers ... maybe.

12 minutes ago, enemytank said:

I do not know which test, nor when it was done,
nor did they change anything as a result of this test,
but sure something changed..

maybe not in the matilda but in the panzers ... maybe.

So what is it that has changed?

6 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

You were killed by a Ju87 G-2, the tank buster stuka with 37mm cannon. It has no forward fireing mg.

Thank you for that @OLDZEKE- I wasn't aware the g2 was in game yet. New tiers messing with me ;)

12 minutes ago, ian77 said:

So what is it that has changed?

panzers with rubber bullet.. maybe...

the matilda cannon has always been vulnerable
 shot the cannon and managed to kill.
not anymore..

But nothing has changed
I do not know what happened...
miracle maybe

5 minutes ago, dropbear said:

Thank you for that @OLDZEKE- I wasn't aware the g2 was in game yet. New tiers messing with me ;)

Mee too

20 hours ago, kazee said:

My question is...why have the past 5-6 mattys I encountered all started firing at me with mg rounds before their main gun me when I am in a pz3H.

Several days ago my pz3H gunner died to mg rounds from a matty...boy was i ticked off. And with 5-6 guys all starting engagements with mgs...i think they know something is wrong with it and the word is out

I think there is something wrong with all three heavies now, char seems really weak, pz3h gunner dies to mg fire and I have had issues with main gun too...not getting very close kills (400-500 meters) and the matty seems way more powerful than it has in the past.

Probably trying to range you before firing the 1st shot.  Its significantly quicker to get the MG on chassis then use the main gun, than to use 2-3 main gun shots.