• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
stankyus

Update?

10 posts in this topic

I was wondering are there pics or info on the following as to where the stand in production or production schedule.

1. M1919 a6

2. US grenadier

3. US 60mm mortarmen - US did not use any other light mortar.

4. M48- I don't believe the US used the 25mm

5. GMC truck

6. GMC m16

7. US m3 light atg

8. 17pdr apcbc round

9. 75mm HEAT for shermans

Other than the M1919 LMG, which shows 90% complete and stuck at the animation phase, I don't think any of the other stuff is even on anyone's lists of "things to do". Did a RAT post those items for this year's roadmap?

The roadmap is there for a reason, it's what the plan of attack is for the different items that are on it. So asking about random ideas is sort of pointless.

https://www.wwiionline.com/community-news#dev-roadmap

On 5/10/2019 at 2:48 PM, SNIPER62 said:

Other than the M1919 LMG, which shows 90% complete and stuck at the animation phase, I don't think any of the other stuff is even on anyone's lists of "things to do". Did a RAT post those items for this year's roadmap?

The roadmap is there for a reason, it's what the plan of attack is for the different items that are on it. So asking about random ideas is sort of pointless.

https://www.wwiionline.com/community-news#dev-roadmap

Well the apcbc ammo data was done per Scotsman, there was discussions about it along with 75mm Heat.  It's not in game so I guess then why not. The firefly primary ap ammo was apcbc ammo, not apc. I thought we were going historic? 

The rest was was coming from the filling in missing gear which has been discussed during roadmap in the past... pointless? Really? 

1 person likes this

Did shermans ever really use the m66 round? I ain't the most knowledgeable, but that just feels kind of wrong. Is there a clearly documented source? Maybe I wasn't around when it was referenced.

Edited by blggles

I sure would think that a HEAT round without a means to counter the rifling spin would have very poor penetration, compared to a normal capped AP round.

3 hours ago, jwilly said:

I sure would think that a HEAT round without a means to counter the rifling spin would have very poor penetration, compared to a normal capped AP round.

the HEAT did about 70mm

6 hours ago, stankyus said:

the HEAT did about 70mm

On a test stand, or after firing from a 75mm rifled gun?

Maybe the heat is for the howitzer, and light artillery - 75mms all around - are on the docket?

On 5/13/2019 at 9:47 AM, jwilly said:

On a test stand, or after firing from a 75mm rifled gun?

Don't know, but I have seen 70-80mm. Not great unless it supersedes the ap ammo at range.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:05 PM, jwilly said:

i think that's just for high velocity, rapid spin. every source i've read about this has said "too much spin", not "spin period"

the testing was not done with stationary rounds, sources are very clear they're fired. so any reduction in performance is already accounted for in the records.

also, i've been saying this about the german HEAT round for the past 2 years, 52mm at 90° is speculation.

here's the source, it clearly says estimates and follows a assumed (but accurate) conversion from 30° to 90°

source, page 115 (this is the source Wikipedia uses...)

the rest of the data in the book is also up to 50% off compared to solid sources. it's really just a book of estimates.

Edited by major0noob