choad

Is monitoring the enemy supply cheating?

21 posts in this topic

I saw this in another thread, but it got locked before the answer to this question got resolved.

Say you are an HC member (or anyone for that matter) and you have a 2nd account signed into tho opposing side so that you can monitor the enemy supply. Is that considered cheating or just frowned upon? Or is it assumed everyone does it? 

God knows that people dip in and out to compare toe sheets the more they get tinkered with ... and i personally don't see a problem there. However, monitoring the enemies remaining supply level to assist in HC duties seems to be crossing the line IMO.

I guess I can't blame someone who does it though, CRS invites the scenario by allowing it to happen. Would be so simple for them to (mostly) eliminate it by side locking based on ip address. But nope, they justify inaction by indulging some fantasy that multiple players on the same LAN .... play on different sides. Ah, okay ... give me a break. If and when you have a mini-con we can talk, until then .... it is fantasy land stuff.

Edited by choad
4 people like this

That to me would be CHEATING.

I am suspicious of anyone who messages me and says xyz is low on supply. My first question is always ,how do you know that?

Not that anyone has ever said they spied , but if they did I would certainly report them for it.

I assume and expect the same integrity from all HC officers.

3 people like this

The other thing to note on this ... CRS is able to see if multiple accounts are signed in from the same source ... and if they are signed into different sides. However, if you were doing that and got approached by CRS on it, all you have to say is "it's not me, it is my idiot brothers account" and there isn't anything they could do about it (apparently) because that is how things are designed to work.

2 people like this

It is cheating in my book, and even worse if being done by an HC. Checking spawnlists is ok for numbers etc (of course if CRS would tell us the numbers then that would not need to happen either!), but looking at the supply in a town is downright wrong.

S! Ian 

6 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

That to me would be CHEATING.

I am suspicious of anyone who messages me and says xyz is low on supply. My first question is always ,how do you know that?

Not that anyone has ever said they spied , but if they did I would certainly report them for it.

I assume and expect the same integrity from all HC officers.

To be fair if I have been in game for seven or eight hours and we have been hitting or getting hit by a garrison, I often let new HC coming in to the game know that a town should be low on supply due to previous action, more rifles spawning rather than smgs, atrs rather than sappers, usually indicate reduced supply.

S! Ian 

1 person likes this

Like has already been mentioned, I've used a 2nd account to check the spawn lists when the tiers change to make sure there were no mistakes made by CRS.  

But uhhh, any officer going across sides to get this information for an advantage is cheating in my book.  Not only that, the officer commands work for both sides.  It's bad on several levels.  

If a player (non-HC) really wanted to, they could switch sides, screenshot a bunch of different lists across the map, and then feed that info to the other side.  "Town X has low SMGs, Town Y is out of Matties."  At that point you are in a grey area and can just pretend that you came to this supply knowledge through playing, like @ian77 stated above.  There's no way for an officer to tell how a player gained this knowledge.  Switching sides is allowed for any non-HC player.  

Not sure what you talking about but to check the opposing sides supplies is not ok and can be used to exploit a beaten down garrison/brigade if an hc member is looking for an advantage...if checking new tier equipment amounts and the extent of spawnlists then i dont mind it but they dont need to log in opposite side they can just check the game monitor for spawn lists I think?

It's cheating in my book.  Sure would like it to be coded impossible, but too many prices to do that.

When I was HC I refused to use such information people brought me, and looked upon them as scum from that point on.  One person in particular came up with that, and was later banned for cheating on some other point, so if they are willing to do this and are scum, they are likely cheating other ways. 

Screw em, and I hope CRS gets to a point where they can detect and punish jackwagons that hurt both sides with being too wussy lazy and stupid to win with superior play.  Far as I am concerned they aren't players, they are little boys that like hurting animals for fun.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, Jsilec said:

but they dont need to log in opposite side they can just check the game monitor for spawn lists I think?

Presently game monitor ist tot
It does not like 1.36, shame no source is available for it, i am sure someone could update it

Of course that would be cheating.

Occasionally checking allied flags for supply list numbers (how many 100s of tanks for example) is one thing (i.e. to compare against axis numbers), but using the supply level information, not ok.

And as Ian said, there are players that are on for hours at a time and know what AOs have happened, how long they were active, and what enemy was spawning; so, intel is not  wrongly obtained just cause someone knows the general state of an enemy flag.

HC in particular watch AOs, how long they last, and when a flag is swapped out (though this happens way less now), obviously deducing said flag is low - hence why swapped.

Edited by delems

I agree with many above. Nuke the free 2nd account or side-lock it to the prime account. Seems so easy to do, but m'eh..... we know better than make that assumption. 

24 minutes ago, delems said:

Of course that would be cheating.

Occasionally checking allied flags for supply list numbers (how many 100s of tanks for example) is one thing (i.e. to compare against axis numbers), but using the supply level information, not ok.

And as Ian said, there are players that are on for hours at a time and know what AOs have happened, how long they were active, and what enemy was spawning; so, intel is not  wrongly obtained just cause someone knows the general state of an enemy flag.

HC in particular watch AOs, how long they last, and when a flag is swapped out (though this happens way less now), obviously deducing said flag is low - hence why swapped.

That's superior play and effort, a skill and earned.  Not this crap.

yes cheating.  No one should be periodically checking the other teams supply.  The only times I have personally done it are 1) to post the spawnlist numbers in the forums and 2) because I suspected a bug 

Edited by kgarner

4 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

Presently game monitor ist tot
It does not like 1.36, shame no source is available for it, i am sure someone could update it

We do have it and it is on the list of "things to do".

My opinion is if you are EVER signed into both sides at the same time, on different accounts, you are up to no good. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, SNIPER62 said:

We do have it and it is on the list of "things to do".

Oh Happy Dance!

monitoring enemys supply is cheating also monitoring other sides discord or any other comms which is in the officers manual caught doing it should be kicked from HC at the least.

S!

2 people like this

3 hours ago, hillstorm said:

My opinion is if you are EVER signed into both sides at the same time, on different accounts, you are up to no good. 

Unless you're writing a high-school history research report on 'WW2 Simulations'. Or maybe you work for the NSA? 

Related image

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, sorella said:

Unless you're writing a high-school history research report on 'WW2 Simulations'. Or maybe you work for the NSA? 

Related image

During the early years I ltierally ran into a DARPA guy trying out the game- I knew to ask because it was in his handle name..  He said he had been a Lt. Colonel in infantry.  I taught him how to set satchels in game, and then he wandered off.

1 person likes this