ian77

Future of the Game

10 posts in this topic

IF you want anyone trying out the game after a break or for the first time to stay and buy an account you need to fix the lag killing/deaths aspect.

There are 3 or 4 guys on each side driving many potential players away. New players to the game expect to be able to see the guy in the same room that kills them, they expect him not to run through a hail of bullets and then materialise behind them killing them. They expect the smoke that stops them seeing the enemy to stop the enemy from shooting them with a single aimed rifle shot - not just smg spray and pray. CRS should "turn up" the auto-disconnect for poor connections, or else stop any marketing until we can offer potential subscribers a game they have a chance of competing in.

These players are borderline cheats with their connection issues (I am sure they know they are lagging) and CRS have to stop it before even more existing and potential new subscribers are lost. Turn up the auto disconnect sensitivity, before all you have left is the laggers on both sides.

S! Ian 

3 people like this

Ahh yes, there are those players with dubious connection issues .... but i am not expecting anything really to be done about it. Unless there a GM can monitor them and observe their rubberbanding takes place at the most convenient of times.

1 hour ago, ian77 said:

These players are borderline cheats with their connection issues (I am sure they know they are lagging) and CRS have to stop it before even more existing and potential new subscribers are lost. Turn up the auto disconnect sensitivity, before all you have left is the laggers on both sides.

S! Ian 

difficult paradox since many 'not borderline' players have connection issues due to ISPs, distant servers, lousy equipment etc. and for as many who may seem to take advantage of lag (though they would never know how much lag exactly, really) there are a number of 'regular' players who take issue with autodespawns, often at very inconvenient times. 

not being tech-minded, have no clue what an actual solution could be, or even if there is one :  new CRS servers? stricter specs on viability to play the game? higher sensitivity to players/connections with lag? more/quicker autodespawns? 

if there was something I could do on my end (or any player) to fix lag/have a better connection/avoid autodespawns and it was clearly stated (ie. something like: min specs for player/computer, min specs for player isp?) I would do it just to avoid ADs/disconnects while on the back of trucks, running AFK, whatever. 

what certainly isn't helping the issue of lag is room-to-room combat being mandatory in this game

1 hour ago, ian77 said:

who do you think CRS is listening to?

the only way to consistently kill these lagging players was with the old axis grenadier from the top floor

that was nerfed by CRS

and the old armybase bunkers had long hallways and small firing ports that allowed some defense against lagging players,

then CRS went with some bland two-story house with absolutely no considerations for lag

there is more close-quarters combat in the game now than there was a decade ago

Edited by david06

If i see lag i do .report for an offset player simce half the time that player probably doesn’t even know how warpy he is...the other half is up for debate

Lag/offset is the only reason why I rage quit and the only reason I ever consider unsubbing. :mad:

S!

1 person likes this

I just logged off 1 hour into the event due to getting constantly lag killed. No point in playing.

4 minutes ago, gavalink said:

I just logged off 1 hour into the event due to getting constantly lag killed. No point in playing.

When it gets that bad i will avoid the close quarters combat and cut from far angles...less frustrating then shooting at neo from the matrix when u a few hundred meters with an lmg 

2 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

When it gets that bad i will avoid the close quarters combat and cut from far angles...less frustrating then shooting at neo from the matrix when u a few hundred meters with an lmg 

CC but new potential subscribers will just go play something else.

And I think the "Neo" analogy is just about spot on!

S! Ian

1 hour ago, gavalink said:

Lag/offset is the only reason why I rage quit and the only reason I ever consider unsubbing. :mad:

S!

This.  It is so enraging to fight your way in, kill all the normals, and then get invisible guy get by you while not being visible through the only entrance you were watching and shoot you from the side and take a victory lap around your corpse like they are superior players.