Mosizlak

Do you want to win?

38 posts in this topic

Then take your turn guarding stuff. 

Almost every time I log in, the same people are guarding. If you wanna win, take your turn. 

Also, if you cap it, or recap it, you guard it. It does a side no good to recap the enemy spawnable, then run away to let the recap it 3 minutes later. Same with FBs. You take an FB, guard it. At least for awhile, take your turn. 

If you just wanna be a stat ho and not help the team, just continue what you're doing lol.

No one is asking you to guard all the time, that's ridiculous, but take your turn. Imagine if everyone took 20 minute shifts guarding stuff, instead of one person getting stuck in the bunker/spawnable for 2 hours at a clip lol. 

Also, for you new guys, you get points for guarding AND the enemy comes running to you to die lol. So take a shift. Help your side.

7 people like this

Agreed we have a shortage of cp guards and a shortage of cp attackers...hard to get both sorted when comms breakdown and headless chicken syndrome starts to kick in....some of the more aggressive guys are more valuable on the assault to keep capping and making axis respond to that then easy recaps....i see your point and we been trying to split up cp defense 

2 people like this

Eh, nice thing about the no guard thing, we can count on generating action as spawnables and warps get taken.

2 people like this

17 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Eh, nice thing about the no guard thing, we can count on generating action as spawnables and warps get taken.

Hope that was /S.

Yeah if the majority won't do it.  Why should I?.  At some point, soon, I won't bother posting missions/guarding/checking etc.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Then take your turn guarding stuff. 

Almost every time I log in, the same people are guarding. If you wanna win, take your turn. 

Also, if you cap it, or recap it, you guard it. It does a side no good to recap the enemy spawnable, then run away to let the recap it 3 minutes later. Same with FBs. You take an FB, guard it. At least for awhile, take your turn. 

If you just wanna be a stat ho and not help the team, just continue what you're doing lol.

No one is asking you to guard all the time, that's ridiculous, but take your turn. Imagine if everyone took 20 minute shifts guarding stuff, instead of one person getting stuck in the bunker/spawnable for 2 hours at a clip lol. 

Also, for you new guys, you get points for guarding AND the enemy comes running to you to die lol. So take a shift. Help your side.

I don't often agree with Moz, except about the rain, but yeah, used to be in 'the olde days' squad rules of rotating 15min guard time at fbs and cps. Shares the load. Teaches new players something. Like that.  S! 

2 hours ago, sorella said:

I don't often agree with Moz, except about the rain, but yeah, used to be in 'the olde days' squad rules of rotating 15min guard time at fbs and cps. Shares the load. Teaches new players something. Like that.  S! 

Not many squads left and good luck telling the old fkers in AEF to go guard a cp lol...half of them yell at kids who walk on their lawn we getting old

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

Not many squads left and good luck telling the old fkers in AEF to go guard a cp lol...half of them yell at kids who walk on their lawn we getting old

I'm an old fooker too, and thats exactly why I don't bother keeping up the lawn. S! 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, sorella said:

I'm an old fooker too, and thats exactly why I don't bother keeping up the lawn. S! 

old.jpg

Campaign > Everybody sniping from a depot, nobody defend a cp, nobody try to cap a spawn

Intermision > Everybody capturing abs, defending spawns and blowing efms

55 minutes ago, sydspain said:

Campaign > Everybody sniping from a depot, nobody defend a cp, nobody try to cap a spawn

Intermision > Everybody capturing abs, defending spawns and blowing efms

They R statz. 

1 hour ago, sydspain said:

Intermision > Everybody capturing abs, defending spawns and blowing efms, everyone grabs a zook, no marks at all.

fify

With the attrition aspect of the game now , it has turned into the stat HO game .  It cones down to who can kill more and how fast .

Capping CPs or ABs has become a side job now. 

One reason why some player are even asking to keep the killed message in game so they can be certain right away .

CRS needs to find a happy medium. Just attrition like in 1.36 rather encourages camping and killing as much as one can.

If one caps a CP so be it  , it's a nice side gig and with a little luck one gains a few kills there too. But hey why should one cap CPs and let all the other ones have the fun . Everybody wants to later log out and look at the stats and go  YEAH  I rocked tonight.

My personal feeling is if I have a 1 ratio 1 , I'm happy . Anything below a 1.0 K/D means in my eyes I did something wrong .  I'm not the one that plays INF as a primary unit but when I do , it's cap stuff , defend stuff , or guard or take down FBs.  Only time I really only go for kills is when I play the Sniper persona. 

Otherwise it's trying to achieve capture or recapture , or find that pesky EFMS .

Every change CRS does has a reaction. Now we have the camp till everyone drops mentality in game.

Iono.... I've been defending CPS more than ever before.  And I'm KD is higher than my run and gun kd pre 1.36.  with the cap timers the way they are I can cap a spawn.... Then just sit in the CP for an hour.  9 times out of 10 I'll attrite their smgs at a 2:1 exchange.  So in all honesty.....defending a cap is actually one of the best ways to get kills and with a high kd exchange as well.  Problem is it usually takes a little longer, over all, compared to run and gun style

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

Every change CRS does has a reaction. Now we have the camp till everyone drops mentality in game.

Stuff like this was accurately predicted when 1.36 was first announced.  And this is exactly what a lot of people wanted: less thinking, more killing.  

The gameplay feels healthier now, but until WBS is over it's impossible to tell how much of that improvement is due to 1.36 and how much is due to the increased numbers from WBS.  

And I still have yet to come across a single report of interdiction of resupply.  

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

It cones down to who can kill more and how fast .

wow it's almost like this is some kind of first-person shooter game

31 minutes ago, Capco said:

Stuff like this was accurately predicted when 1.36 was first announced.  And this is exactly what a lot of people wanted: less thinking, more killing.  

The gameplay feels healthier now, but until WBS is over it's impossible to tell how much of that improvement is due to 1.36 and how much is due to the increased numbers from WBS.  

And I still have yet to come across a single report of interdiction of resupply.  

Depends what you mean by "resupply".

I have killed kit brought from a back town to a DO, but have not killed (or even tried to go and kill) anyone doing genuine resupply outwith an active AO. I suspect the numbers involved in resupply/overstock would make it VERY unlikely that I would find anything to kill - gone are the days when I am willing to sit with an 88 covering the road to the town opposite 17.2KG for 24hours+ just because Hondo thought the allies (3CD) would be sure to be over stocking at some stage! :mad:

S! Ian 

Edited by ian77

I think we are still not seeing much in the way of resupply operations because generally speaking there is always sufficient supply with the flags to fill the gaps when required. IMO, overall supply is still too high and therefore does not require players to stock up before attacks or get used to resupplying DOs. On the air side of things, supply is effectively unlimited and attrition is nearly impossible, as I discussed in the 1.36 area of the forums.

8 minutes ago, raptor34 said:

I think we are still not seeing much in the way of resupply operations because generally speaking there is always sufficient supply with the flags to fill the gaps when required. IMO, overall supply is still too high and therefore does not require players to stock up before attacks or get used to resupplying DOs. On the air side of things, supply is effectively unlimited and attrition is nearly impossible, as I discussed in the 1.36 area of the forums.

two axis just spent 90 minutes resupplying/overstocking engineers and smgs to Tienen from St Truiden this morning. blunted the first two (sure more to come) allied attacks.  some people do it  when its needed - especially for defence.  oddly, allied air was over Tienen but not scanning the back roads. 

I wish it was attack the nme instead of the flag, then you would only have to guard yourself, which is easy.

Should model flags sticking up from the infantry's back, fluttering over their heads, then capping the ei is capping the flag, and everyone's always guarding, problem solved.

Stats are very important.  How else do we measure ourselves against each other without taking our pants off?

2 minutes ago, Marcusa said:

Stats are very important.  How else do we measure ourselves against each other without taking our pants off?

A/S/L?

27 minutes ago, Marcusa said:

7p9Ii7O.gif

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, matamor said:

7p9Ii7O.gif

that's not a stat, matamor, that's a game winning basket for the team. being from Toronto, no one is going to remember Kawhi's stats for that game - just the shot and the win, and the look of joy on his face.  if you really want to play the stats game ask CRS to change how the game works: say  10 kills autocaps a CP. 100 kills autocaps a bunker. the side with the highest K/D wins the game.  until then, stats are just a sideshow for those who like pulling down their pants. as an historical lesson, and as we've all boringly learned from the games Did You Know stats, the side with the worst K/D actually won WW2. 

and as has been shown over 18 years -  its  usually the side with the highest TOM that wins the campaign (except for the last couple years where axis won 1 or 2 campaigns with lower TOM than allies).  to accomplish that, all the stats guys should just go hide in bushes and go AFK for the campaign = guaranteed win. 

5 minutes ago, sorella said:

that's not a stat, matamor, that's a game winning basket for the team.

Like capping a spawnable or a bunker when there tons of enemies trying to stop you and INTEL spams soldiers needed in that town you are alone? That's my winning basket every day.