Mosizlak

Do you want to win?

38 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2019 at 1:52 PM, Mosizlak said:

They R statz. 

This thread has good timing. It's why some small axis squads and lone wolves have banded together to form StatsGruppen <STG> the new all-stats, only-stats, all-the-time stats squad. No guarding cps or bunkers or fbs, no capping allowed (1st cap gets a warning, 2 caps and booted from squad), no driving, towing or fms setting and no sharing of secret bushes, roofs and buildings to sniper from. 

Right now, you need an 11.0+ K/D to join and we're currently lobbying CRS to make more and bigger windows in depots to shoot from. Extra squad points are awarded to specifically NOT guarding spawns so they get capped and hence give more targets to kill for better stats from one's favourite snipe the spawn exits spots. 

Thats it. STG currently has no CO, as leadership detracts from Stats time and opportunities. 

4 people like this

On 5/12/2019 at 1:52 PM, Mosizlak said:

They R statz. 

They are noobs, more likely.  

I blame AEF for most of allied losing and awful daunish whine

S!

LIES

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics - Benjamin Disraeli.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:23 AM, Capco said:

And I still have yet to come across a single report of interdiction of resupply.

I've herd lots of talk about resupplying and overstock, nothing beyond talk though.

5 guys spending 15min sitting in a truck, vs 5 rifles fighting. resupply just gives the other side a easier battle.

10 minutes ago, major0noob said:

I've herd lots of talk about resupplying and overstock, nothing beyond talk though.

5 guys spending 15min sitting in a truck, vs 5 rifles fighting. resupply just gives the other side a easier battle.

Antwerp is a prime spot for it now with the way it's broken up, and the Allies hardly take advantage of it.  

I mean, even I would do it there... if there wasn't always something more important that needed to be done.  

What I find so funny in this thread is that the driving of supply from one town to another was the impetus for the brigade system.  The brigade system was put in place, in large part, to keep from having to drive supply from town to town; you just move the flag. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, badgnus said:

What I find so funny in this thread is that the driving of supply from one town to another was the impetus for the brigade system.  The brigade system was put in place, in large part, to keep from having to drive supply from town to town; you just move the flag. 

You're not wrong, but with the severe lack of HC coverage during a large part of the day, the flag system does not work. You're left with holes in the line and no way to stop a breakthrough. 

That's why we have garrisons now. The game will work even with no HC online. You'll be saddled with system AOs, but I can deal with that because we'll have supply. No more watching helplessly while the side with HC online rampages through undefended territory. 

3 people like this

33 minutes ago, badgnus said:

I think it's dangerous to make assumptions about why the Rats do things, as they can lead to upset and player/org consequences and attitudes about things they were never attempting to do or solve.

I don't absolutely know all the whys of ToEs, but my impression when I first heard about it at a CRS minicon from a Rat was that they were considering it a 'neat' thing to do in terms of pile supply here/leave an opening there.  Avoiding 'driving time' was never mentioned.  Later, as pop drew down, ToEs would require less people 'on the road' and get more into battle, but I don't think it was an initial impetus.

Funny thing is, I think the current Rats hit a combo to where 5 people pulling in FMS trucks and tanks could upend a battle.  It really can make a difference, but even most of the 'true believers' in player moved supply seem to not be doing it.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

You're not wrong, but with the severe lack of HC coverage during a large part of the day, the flag system does not work. You're left with holes in the line and no way to stop a breakthrough. 

That's why we have garrisons now. The game will work even with no HC online. You'll be saddled with system AOs, but I can deal with that because we'll have supply. No more watching helplessly while the side with HC online rampages through undefended territory. 

I have to agree with Mos to a large part on this. it had it's day and was simply too much unpaid work trying to do your best for the side, sometimes covering for others not willing or able to understand bad AOs, bad moves, good moves and supply across the front, for many hours. I do miss the brigade system and how with  smart play you could influence the whole front but the newer system is far more fun for the non HC player than it was in most cases during the heyday of ToE and I can happily enjoy just playing as a grunt.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Kilemall said:

but even most of the 'true believers' in player moved supply seem to not be doing it.

I've seen them try muster a group to do it. Once at kal, at twerp, and some center town.

I'm convinced overstock is more noise than substance. Even when they pulled one off at the center town, we needed boots more than supply.

3 hours ago, catfive said:

I have to agree with Mos to a large part on this. it had it's day and was simply too much unpaid work trying to do your best for the side, sometimes covering for others not willing or able to understand bad AOs, bad moves, good moves and supply across the front, for many hours. I do miss the brigade system and how with  smart play you could influence the whole front but the newer system is far more fun for the non HC player than it was in most cases during the heyday of ToE and I can happily enjoy just playing as a grunt.

Back in 2017, there were a few camps with no HC on either side, it was CRS vs CRS. Their ability to work HC was parallel to their ops lol

In seriousness, it was hands down the worst state the game's been in. Average AO was 8-12 hours, we were fighting from the attacking town to the defending towns FB, forget getting a cp, driving engies from neighboring towns was the only hope to get anything going.