• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Jsilec

Keep WBS going a few more weeks

32 posts in this topic

Yeah - i think most of us would agree the issues with CQC are pretty substantial and probably the #1 candidate for a "fix" or at least "improvement" for many of us....

(sorry for if the video is grainy and dark)

Funny thing is, my squad mate is going on a jag regarding laggy players ... then this happens to me lol.

For the ceremonial death by lag - fast forward to the end :)

Edited by choad

I rage quit last night. I was trying to help, so I wasted my play time staring at the same walls of the stupid CP building that apparently is most of my gameplay. Huge map, loads of sorta interesting terrain in some places. Spend 99.9999% of the time in the same couple rooms, often not even looking out the window (because that gets you instantly killed if any enemy are around).

Can the radius of  what the game calls the CP simply be increased to extend well beyond the building?

@Choad thats exactly my gameplay and is the reason why I generally set dfms and cut enemy ingress to town. Alas being f2p means I use a rifle mostly and in cps it is a virtual crap shoot who dies first or we both die....

1.36 has generally been a success but the lag for me has increased, even with less enemy around since wbs finished.

I will say tho, it seems just certain players are uber laggy - others seem to die when hit first time.

8 minutes ago, dropbear said:

I will say tho, it seems just certain players are uber laggy - others seem to die when hit first time.

Players with very high pings basically take an extra bit of time for their client to register that they are hit/dead.  During that extra bit of time, they can get a shot off on you even though you might have gotten the drop on them.  

When fighting players with semi-normal pings, I find the CQB to be bearable (dare I say reliable?).  It's the fringe guys that cause most of the issues.  

Just look at a game like Overwatch.  The CQB in that game suffers so much from high ping that they segregated the world's playerbase into 3 separate servers:  America, Europe, and Asia.  The same is generally true for any online FPS.  Even players in online games without intensive FPS/CQB will gravitate towards servers with lower pings over higher pings.  

There's only so much that can be done in regards to lag/ping if we are going to remain a world-wide game on a single server.  

Yeah, I have never really blamed the devs for the lag and awful CQB, it comes with the territory. The solution is to then at the very least not make combat at that range literally the most important aspect of the game.

If we know that a decent % of combat within 50 meters will be annoying/unimmersive/rage-inducing, then make the capture mechanics work at the longest range that is practical. If the CP "table" (sorry, I still remember humping tables) radius was set to 50 meters, what would gameplay look like? 75? 100? The timer could be set really long, but have it shorten substantially with each unit added to the capture zone.

The warping has gotten worse recently it makes sitting in cps a real task as these guys run through a flurry of smg bullets and get the kill shot as they are dying

Maybe just slow sprint speed down by 20%?  Increase endurance a tad to make up for it?