delems

does mata like turtles?

24 posts in this topic

Allies op, with SD, no EWS on any AO.... no FBs to AO even :)

check pet.com........ think there a red slider turtle on sale.

Pictures-of-Red-Eared-Slider-Turtle.jpg

Eh, am i supposed to do something?

Edited by delems

Funny delems. More than 75% of my sorties are based on attack objectives since campaign started. I often am the first to create spawnable mission and yell to chronic turtles to leave their comfort zone to come and join me on different channels.

1 person likes this

4 ao’s and for awhile axis had low ews on 1 during high pop...wasnt gonna say anything but seeing this turtlish post forces me to call turtle

Pot calling the kettle black, or turtle calling the turtles "turtles"?

What if one of the turtles is a snapping turtle?

Has anyone ever considered that?

28 minutes ago, aismov said:

What if one of the turtles is a snapping turtle?

Has anyone ever considered that?

Snapping turtles get a bad name they just trying to bite peoples fingers off ....they not killing anybody yo!

1.36 is designed to make defending easier and attacking even more difficult than it already was - so what do you expect?

S! ian 

And that sounds like a bad idea to me ian77.  Encouraging people to attack has always been an issue imo. Its why the dreaded softcap was such an issue.  Ahhh someone is moving the map )).

3 hours ago, dcoy said:

And that sounds like a bad idea to me ian77.  Encouraging people to attack has always been an issue imo. Its why the dreaded softcap was such an issue.  Ahhh someone is moving the map )).

I wasn't suggesting it was a good thing.

Without somebody attacking there is bugger all to do. The game needs more attacking, not less.

The fact that the town under attack can keep spawning from every uncapped depot after the AB(s) are lost makes it that much more difficult to take a town now. Once the ABs are gone it should just be the link CPs IMHO

As regards softcaps, I used to enjoy the "noman's land" fights, they were often pretty good infantry skirmishes until somebody would spoil things and bring a tank or panzer. Attacking and defending the same towns day after day is getting a bit stale tbh.

Many of the measures brought in to stop the dreaded TZ3 seem to have effectively stopped all TZs from moving the map unless there is a huge pop imbalance.

But it is still early days of 1.36, and while there are probably too many tanks in the garrison spawnlists, it is a heck of a lot more enjoyable than the gutted spawnlists we saw during and after the disaster that was "The Hardest Campaign Ever". I only hope the friends I have lost from the game since Christmas will return soon, but so far 1.36 has not brought many of them back.

S! ian 

1 person likes this

the allies do have a turtling problem, but @matamor is one of the very very few that make viable attacks happen.

most allied AO's are doomed with a single spawn out 700m-1.5km, compared to axis's regular 3-5 250-400m placements

to the general PB, after walking 5min over and over, and failing constantly; AO's have lost their gameplay appeal.

guy's the best allied leader in game, but his critical talk here is drowned in turtle cries

The line has moved back and forth which is alot better then just 1 direction and mostly during lowpop....the changes have added action to euro tz imo and the axis had a good attacking pop advantage up till monday when wbs ended....yesterday was odd how empty axis cps were but i am sure they will adjust

I mostly blame AEF for Allied lack of success.

A good morning turtle with coffee really starts day off right.

S!

LIES

52 minutes ago, nily said:

S!

LIES

Gridiron said he wrote you out of his will

Its a bit of a stalemate now, but there have been a lot more captures than I've been used to seeing, even if it is only a back and forth atm.

This is potthead checking in from Japan !!! 

Going to have to order some turtle soup for dinner tonight! Never actually had it before. :)

hope u guys are all well and not missing me too much... historically speaking me and @matamor are the biggest turtles in game... so now that I am away he has to double turtle for both of us! 

Miss u all.. be back in 12 more days with some new authentic turtle soup recipes!

S! 

Potthead 

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, ian77 said:

I wasn't suggesting it was a good thing.

Without somebody attacking there is bugger all to do. The game needs more attacking, not less.

The fact that the town under attack can keep spawning from every uncapped depot after the AB(s) are lost makes it that much more difficult to take a town now. Once the ABs are gone it should just be the link CPs IMHO

As regards softcaps, I used to enjoy the "noman's land" fights, they were often pretty good infantry skirmishes until somebody would spoil things and bring a tank or panzer. Attacking and defending the same towns day after day is getting a bit stale tbh.

Many of the measures brought in to stop the dreaded TZ3 seem to have effectively stopped all TZs from moving the map unless there is a huge pop imbalance.

But it is still early days of 1.36, and while there are probably too many tanks in the garrison spawnlists, it is a heck of a lot more enjoyable than the gutted spawnlists we saw during and after the disaster that was "The Hardest Campaign Ever". I only hope the friends I have lost from the game since Christmas will return soon, but so far 1.36 has not brought many of them back.

S! ian 

Not only was I agreeing with your ealiier post. But 100% agree with what you said here.  I think a common thread for devs in most games is listening to the losers and not the winners.  Every camp I've been a major mover in, or any game where Me/my team made an impact I could tell game devs why and how to stop it.   Listen to the winners more imo, at least the open, honest ones ).

52 minutes ago, ozsheila said:

Miss u all.. be back in 12 more days with some new authentic turtle soup recipes!

I am good on soup, could you bring me back a nice little Geisha

1 hour ago, ozsheila said:

historically speaking me and @matamor are the biggest turtles in game... so now that I am away he has to double turtle for both of us! 

Don't put oil into the fire pott pott S!

17 hours ago, nily said:

S!

LIES

AEF has seen some numbers as of late, had 26 on this past weekend. That's double the norm for a long time. I hope to expand soon, being picky on recruits but we are not far from running major ops. I think 10 more puts us back in the ballpark. When AEF formed we had an air wing, flak wing, small spec ops fb busting team, infantry team, and tanker force. I'm hoping in the next few months we will have enough to have dedicated inf and tanker squads. We will see. C5 is back and so is bar. Great inf leaders. Canukplf is a fantastic tank lead and we have had discord comes with dm79 who is back working with AEF, now if we can convince him to join we will have two excellent tank leaders. Jselic is back who has natural leadership skills. J, canukplf, and c5 all know the map and see two steps ahead. AEF. Has also had some great allied squads like the 7th and 4wing in communication with us recently. It is my goal to help them grow also. So if you are looking for a good allied squad who works well with others I can tell you any of these squads have great leadership and great guys. Nily you were with us in the beginning, come home and we can stop embarrassing each other with knives.