• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
choad

1.36 and counter-attacks

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Capco said:

Last time I was MOIC, the Allies captured 2 towns (Beauraing and Diest).  Both were lost to Counter AOs in minimum time.  I gave out ample warning to the Allies over .allied.  We saw it coming.  We had enough coordination and leadership to capture two towns, so we definitely had the coordination and leadership to defend them.  But we didn't have supply because of the aforementioned FB issue.  

I agree with the other posters.  There are issues with the way this plays out.  

Also @SCKING, I believe you mentioned to me in another thread that a newly captured town's garrison supply begins to trickle instantly.  Everyone in this thread is saying that there seems to be a delay (which corroborates what I felt like I was seeing).  So which is it?

Definitely a delay corresponding EXACTLY with the 10 minute Allied decision window for country choice.

Oh and everybody despawned expecting the usual breather/instasupply, right?  That's a CHOICE.

Edited by Kilemall

7 hours ago, Capco said:

Also @SCKING, I believe you mentioned to me in another thread that a newly captured town's garrison supply begins to trickle instantly.  Everyone in this thread is saying that there seems to be a delay (which corroborates what I felt like I was seeing).  So which is it?

Supply does not trickle in for 10 minutes and it effects both sides equally when they capture a town. Only disadvantage the allies have is if they change country garrison, the timer restarts. 

Trickle timers and Resupply timers are all configurable by game management. They were setup that way in case we need to make adjustments. We are learning the effects of timers on gameplay just like everyone else. It’s tough to try and do timer changes in the middle of a campaign though because inevitably one side or the other is going to cry bias when those changes happen and it adversely effects them or it’s perceived to effect them. @OHM has been keeping an eye on the campaign and is pondering what changes could effect what and trying to see the best course of action for the future.

8 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Definitely a delay corresponding EXACTLY with the 10 minute Allied decision window for country choice.

The Allied window is 5min, not 10.  If it's supposed to be 10, it's not working correctly.  

2 hours ago, SCKING said:

Supply does not trickle in for 10 minutes and it effects both sides equally when they capture a town. Only disadvantage the allies have is if they change country garrison, the timer restarts. 

Okay. I reread my question from the other thread and it wasn't exactly asking for this.  

But as I said above, the Allied window is 5 minutes.  The way this should work out (as I believe @choad pointed out on the first page of this thread) is that each side should get their supply starting at the same time, regardless of whether or not the Allies switch ownership during the grace period (it is a grace period after all).   The order takes about 3 minutes to complete too, which means that unless the Allies place the ownership order within 2 minutes of capturing a town, the town swap can fall outside of the grace period.  

The 10 minute period should completely cover that.  There's no reason to reset the Allies' timer in this case...

Edited by Capco

6 hours ago, SCKING said:

Trickle timers and Resupply timers are all configurable by game management. They were setup that way in case we need to make adjustments. We are learning the effects of timers on gameplay just like everyone else. It’s tough to try and do timer changes in the middle of a campaign though because inevitably one side or the other is going to cry bias when those changes happen and it adversely effects them or it’s perceived to effect them. @OHM has been keeping an eye on the campaign and is pondering what changes could effect what and trying to see the best course of action for the future.

Thats reasonable.  We have not even tested the new trickle-in timers for a full campaign yet.  Players are still getting used to them. 

Edited by krazydog

atm, kinda like the 10 minute wait for supply.

Makes for a rush and tense moment when the supply finally arrives if the previous defender is totally on top of their game and re AOs.

3 hours ago, delems said:

atm, kinda like the 10 minute wait for supply.

Makes for a rush and tense moment when the supply finally arrives if the previous defender is totally on top of their game and re AOs.

Zactly my point.  Why turn our back on excitement, options and superior org outcomes?

47 minutes ago, choad said:

Smash cut to all the people b!tching about the map not moving. You can't make it up. Lol.

http://forums.wwiionline.com/forums/topic/422707-weve-had-the-hardest-campaign-ever-how-about-this-one-for-most-boring-campaign-ever/

3/4 of game management via settings is dealing with Goldilocks and her whining about bear food and beds......

Goldilocks_1912.jpg

EWH.

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Goldilocks_1912.jpg

EWH.

Chickenning running away from me. 

49 minutes ago, matamor said:

Chickenning running away from me. 

She was trying to cap the bunker but 3 defenders showed up and she is obviously out of ammo.  Wise move to maintain stats.

8 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

She was trying to cap the bunker but 3 defenders showed up and she is obviously out of ammo.  Wise move to maintain stats.

Out of ammos? Everyone has a knife but I agree for stats maintenance. Anyhow That's a discutable excuse

2 minutes ago, matamor said:

Out of ammos? Everyone has a knife but I agree for stats maintenance. Anyhow That's a discutable excuse

Goldilocks probably prefers to camp with Matties and Tigers.

37 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Goldilocks probably prefers to camp with Matties and Tigers.

Indeed!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0