• Announcements

    • CHIMM

      Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

      All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
Mosizlak

Free to Play has to go.

190 posts in this topic

*** LOl good thing i'm drunk from the Stanley Cup finals....But no  fix for years

And for every point you make, axis easily has a counter point. (let's see, what, 5 years of silent 5000m coasting allied trucks to start....   allied rifle STILL killing 232.....)

Be happy, finally fixes are being done, new gear being introduced, new terrain, changes in game play.......

 

Seems to me been MORE and BETTER battles lately.

Perfect?  No.  But game is moving ahead.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said some things needed to be corrected and don't have problem with like the Morris...but to have some  people on the winning side. .. start a thread like RDP inequality when there isn't one...and CRS respond's cowardly that it isn't intentional makes some of us infuriated...Axis are great at making CRS go on the defensive when they didn't mean it.  That's all i'm saying...don't take it too bad...I know you build your team up and kudos but you don't how  hard it's to build the allied side up.  When people post the axis have been nerfed to the point of no return then you get more recruits...I know many subscribe to the belief that allied is easy mode but as a long time allied who has never really got the chance play axis you become jaded.

Edited by gridiron
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He said last on a list...

 

Removing panzers from 2/3 of flags

Matty vs 232 & 3b

Ancient RAF bugs

MP34, etc

(Just off the top of my head)

 

Allies have a list too, and are quitting just as much

 

The new ToE in general has had widespread criticism from both sides and most playstyles. He's absolutely correct CRS has been responding badly to negative feedback, the ToE thread in rax was awful.

 

The fact that both have a list is troubling.

I don't blame them for being sick of the whine, but dismissing everything negative has been irresponsible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any alternative forum where we can share opinions without getting our posts deleted from CRS?, would like to talk about this thread without the Spanish inquisition watching and killing the non-believers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ommadawn said:

Is there any alternative forum where we can share opinions without getting our posts deleted from CRS?, would like to talk about this thread without the Spanish inquisition watching and killing the non-believers

I've actually had great freedom in discussing problems with the game, and have said some harsh things that TBH would have booted me in most game forums where the game devs can't handle anything but pure praise.  Big part of the reason why I'm here and not elsewhere.

 

The key to getting criticism done is do it constructively.  Attitude and insults get your post/thread sent to the phantom zone pronto.  Functional 'let's work this' posting stays and gets answered.

 

I've participated in such alternate forums in the past, at the time several were run by disgruntled Axis and I was dedicated Allied so definitely in the lion's den moments.  I usually found little value in terms of game problem solving but it was nice to let each other know what we thought of the other guys without filters.  The funniest moment was when things got really hot and the alternate forum hoster/mod found he had limits to 'freedom of expression' too.

 

PM me, and I can help you craft a functional post that addresses your issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that CRS has inadvisedly turned on the disastrous freeloader pathway before having an alternate monetization system ready and without the programming resources to get such a monetization system done, I really don't see how they can correct the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure that the former builders complaining on the Steam frontpage (CRS actual storefront) are much more impactful than F2P gripes in some tiny traditional game forum, word-of-mouth via gaming communities is harder to quantify but I bet that's larger as well

really the negative feedback is much-needed while the positive reinforcement for bad decisions has really harmed the game, just look at how many subbed players claimed that the rifle is the most powerful and versatile weapon for years...then when CRS believes that nonsense, and adjusts SMG amounts between factions like it's no big deal players are revolting over having to fight in depots with rifles

just saw the same thing in this thread with paratroopers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, david06 said:

I'm pretty sure that the former builders complaining on the Steam frontpage (CRS actual storefront) are much more impactful than F2P gripes in some tiny traditional game forum, word-of-mouth via gaming communities is harder to quantify but I bet that's larger as well

really the negative feedback is much-needed while the positive reinforcement for bad decisions has really harmed the game, just look at how many subbed players claimed that the rifle is the most powerful and versatile weapon for years...then when CRS believes that nonsense, and adjusts SMG amounts between factions like it's no big deal players are revolting over having to fight in depots with rifles

just saw the same thing in this thread with paratroopers

The SMG CQB thing is not on a par with para use cases.  It's just not.

 

And you're assuming what CRS' motivation is.  I can think of a half dozen reasons then 'believing rifle most powerful' such as sub account/DLC value, F2P/trial users not being gunned down every 5s byupgunned semi/MGs, forcing combined arms with tanks, a lot of this historical spawnlist business which includes putting the BEF on an equal footing if the historical ratios of rifle to MG are maintained, slower brutal finishes to battle with local supply not ToE, etc. etc.

 

I think you make a lot of valid points, but I wouldn't count on you for reading Ratthink accurately.  Ding em for what they do, not why you think they did it.

Edited by Kilemall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the rax ToE thread was pretty revealing, they straight-up said gameplay has no bearing on their work.

 

a game dev ignoring gameplay is direct recipe for failure. i have no way to spin this into positive reinforcement, it's idiotic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, major0noob said:

the rax ToE thread was pretty revealing, they straight-up said gameplay has no bearing on their work.

 

a game dev ignoring gameplay is direct recipe for failure. i have no way to spin this into positive reinforcement, it's idiotic.

which thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 4:25 AM, ommadawn said:

Is there any alternative forum where we can share opinions without getting our posts deleted from CRS?, would like to talk about this thread without the Spanish inquisition watching and killing the non-believers

Constructive criticism is welcome, there are plenty of threads floating around which demonstrate this.  Posts which describe how to game the subscription system will (predictably) be hidden.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this in another thread, but it occurs to me that this thread might also benefit from an old idea I had. I have a possible F2P paradigm that is more than targets for people paying, and improves gameplay---this is in place of current F2P.

One thing WW2OL has always lacked is decent AI (hear me out, I'll try and be fast).

By decent AI, I mean AI that acts like a real person, has similar capabilities, and similar limitations. AI that doesn't see you through bushes, etc.

Make F2P players spawn into the extant AI positions randomly on the map---first where there is EWS, then if all those filled, where there is an AO but no EWS yet. The AI positions get fixed if needed such that nearer 360 degree fire is possible (or at least much wider than their current range). The crew could be shot, in which case the gun stays, but can be remanned (unsure on mechanics here, bottom line is that to knock out gun until rebuilt, you still have to spike it, but player controlled units are still killed as if they are players, even if AI guns).

This would be a way to add "human level AI" without having to code any AI at all.

A side effect of adding something like this is that perhaps HC could be given some HC-placed PPO F2P inf units. HC places a F2P infantry unit, and F2P people are stuck in that deployment area (maybe even arc of fire in LMG). These would get killed when killed as any other player, but they cannot leave their place of deployment. Right now there is coding to lose ammo overstock, this could be similar---it says that if the player moves much farther they will be despawned. So they play, but might be doing scut work covering some area that cat herding might not get done.  Good commanders can then put some F2P people where needed (say a F2P SMG covering a deployed LMG or ATG to protect it from flanking inf).

Edited by tater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, B2K said:

which thread?

He's referring to 2-3 hot threads where Scotsman and Bmbm were justifying the methodology of the spawnlist pricing system.  Many of us are upset about it as it doesn't seem to align with the real game value, and the really closer historical lists had highly damaged ability to prosecute attacks for BOTH sides.

The spawnlists have gotten better but are still not fun inducing for many, and for my part I'm wondering what fresh supply terror may be visited upon us without warning because the valuation is hinky.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players are the content of this game. This game is nothing without players. Even non-paying player can contribute to the game. It would be pointless to pay subscription fee if there was nobody to play with.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything more F2P should be encouraged - Look at the population difference WBS vs not. This new lower price point sub (Starter) is a good way to go, but I'd stand by the idea of WW2OL going completely F2P for the numbers if a way to fund it could be found.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, raptor34 said:

If anything more F2P should be encouraged - Look at the population difference WBS vs not. This new lower price point sub (Starter) is a good way to go, but I'd stand by the idea of WW2OL going completely F2P for the numbers if a way to fund it could be found.  

I agree. At the end of the day those rifle vets wouldn't be paying-n-playing anyway, so I would rather we have more players online than less.

And as far as CRS not responding to criticism or squashing opinions. You must be on drugs, there isn't a company out there that lets as much opinion or interacts with the players base as here. When is the last time Chris Roberts actually interacted in a real way on the Star Citizen forums, or even smaller developers for that matter.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aismov said:

And as far as CRS not responding to criticism or squashing opinions. You must be on drugs, there isn't a company out there that lets as much opinion or interacts with the players base as here. When is the last time Chris Roberts actually interacted in a real way on the Star Citizen forums, or even smaller developers for that matter.

Most developers learn early on that the playerbase is generally full of biased [censored] who have no interest in "balance" and are equally unreliable in terms of providing development advice.

Edited by Randazzo
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@gridiron

 

PS. years of axis nicking an ATG and getting the kill but allied doesn't has driven me over the top.

You be surprised when I tell ya it's the same on the Axis side .

One pling and  both crew members dead. Why do you think I have been posting in the forum almost on a yearly basis about visual dmg for ATG and AAA.

Nothing gets me more pissed then pumping  HE rounds into an ATG and 2 belts of MG from my Panzer just to think he surely is dead and look for a new target to just get shot by that same ATG, and yes I have encountered the same crap when I was on the Allied side . Most memorable is me at an CP when a pak 38 rolled out and he got the HE MG combo treatment,  just to deploy and one shot my gunner of my Stuart.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aismov said:

I agree. At the end of the day those rifle vets wouldn't be paying-n-playing anyway, so I would rather we have more players online than less.

And as far as CRS not responding to criticism or squashing opinions. You must be on drugs, there isn't a company out there that lets as much opinion or interacts with the players base as here. When is the last time Chris Roberts actually interacted in a real way on the Star Citizen forums, or even smaller developers for that matter.

No way. Make them pay, or make them go away. 

Half the free to play guys are just spewing poison on side channel anyway, because they "hate the game". 

Edited by Mosizlak
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aismov said:

And as far as CRS not responding to criticism or squashing opinions. You must be on drugs

read the rax ToE threads

they responded, and said gameplay's irrelevant

 

defending them from trolling is good and all, but they need to be checked every now and then. like every other job.

ignoring gameplay is like a nursing home malnourishing their residents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, major0noob said:

ignoring gameplay is like a nursing home malnourishing their residents.

 

I know we have an aging player base, but can we, uh, use a different analogy?

lol

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hillstorm said:

 

I know we have an aging player base, but can we, uh, use a different analogy?

lol

Post of the day. Love your sense of humor

 

S!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ommadawn said:

Post of the day. Love your sense of humor

 

S!

 

Thanks ommadawn!  :)

S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a  ftp player.   subbed from 2001 to 2017.  I un-subbed until killing and getting killed gets fixed.   I can shoot 8  guys running into town,  until that 1 guy  spawns in and you shoot 3 , 4, 5  times  then he turns and kills  you without raising his weapon.   or  you put a full clip in a guys back,  blood all over  , reload fire again .  he turns around and kills you.     .  bigger map, new weapons are all well and good but fixing the basic game play of killing and getting killed  should be   priority 1...               love the game .  play with a great bunch of guys  {   7TH Ast  }   that keep me coming back. but I cant justify paying  again until I see  some improvement on the basics.     thank you to crs  for allowing ftp players....who would the axis kill without them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, acedent said:

I am a  ftp player.   subbed from 2001 to 2017.  I un-subbed until killing and getting killed gets fixed.   I can shoot 8  guys running into town,  until that 1 guy  spawns in and you shoot 3 , 4, 5  times  then he turns and kills  you without raising his weapon.   or  you put a full clip in a guys back,  blood all over  , reload fire again .  he turns around and kills you.     .  bigger map, new weapons are all well and good but fixing the basic game play of killing and getting killed  should be   priority 1...               love the game .  play with a great bunch of guys  {   7TH Ast  }   that keep me coming back. but I cant justify paying  again until I see  some improvement on the basics.     thank you to crs  for allowing ftp players....who would the axis kill without them.

QFT...everything else that CRS does is gilding the lily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.