• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Mosizlak

Free to Play has to go.

187 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Nick said:

The forum is a disheartening place for us CRS volunteers most of the time, we're putting so much time and effort into fixing and improving things behind the scenes, we all wish we had more time to do even more for all of you.

We are nearly all players that fell in love with this game and cant bear the thought of it no longer existing.

Please stick with us if you can, we're tackling problems one step at a time.

Hey Nick.

There are MANY players who truly appreciate the effort the volunteers put forward to keep this game going and growing.

I am one. Having worked as a volunteer in many organizations I am very sympathetic to the experience of volunteering.

There's not a lot that can undercut one's commitment, motivation and gumption  as a volunteer more than "whining" and "complaining" even if it is accompanied by good criticism.

It's totally "poisonous" !

Unfortunately, some individuals have not mastered the art of knowing how to criticize in a productive way....in a generous manner...in a good spirited manner.

Unfortunately as well... they don't see the "damage" they do.

Sort of like the "in denial" addict with all their excuses for "s h i t t i n g" all over the place, blaming others etc....

Anyway....just keep at it for as long as it is exciting, interesting, fulfilling, engaging.

Let the negativity roll off your back....many players, most, appreciate and understand the needed effort of volunteers.

S!

6 people like this

4 hours ago, Nick said:

The forum is a disheartening place for us CRS volunteers most of the time, we're putting so much time and effort into fixing and improving things behind the scenes, we all wish we had more time to do even more for all of you.

We are nearly all players that fell in love with this game and cant bear the thought of it no longer existing.

Please stick with us if you can, we're tackling problems one step at a time.

+10/  for volunteers. thank you for your work. for free. 

-10/ for ftp whiners. former players who whine endlessly. for free. 

what these forums need is another forum for vets who have unsubbed but come back as FTPs to vent. Call it the 'I left my G/F but won't ever let her forget I left because I keep coming back to my G/F to let her and her friends know why I left not that they really want to know but deep-down I secretly love her but I'm too cheap to take her out to tell her why I didn't really want to leave in the first place because it's actually her fault anyways 'cuz I'm too cool but not cool enough to actually really for real leave my G/F can I tell you again why I left her  no like we care'  forum. 

Edited by sorella
8 people like this

I subbed so I could vent a little (and to make the same, constructive suggestions I made ~20 years ago to no avail).

2 people like this

1 hour ago, sorella said:

+10/  for volunteers. thank you for your work. for free. 

-10/ for ftp whiners. former players who whine endlessly. for free. 

what these forums need is another forum for vets who have unsubbed but come back as FTPs to vent. Call it the 'I left my G/F but won't ever let her forget I left because I keep coming back to my G/F to let her and her friends know why I left not that they really want to know but deep-down I secretly love her but I'm too cheap to take her out to tell her why I didn't really want to leave in the first place because it's actually her fault anyways 'cuz I'm too cool but not cool enough to actually really for real leave my G/F can I tell you again why I left her  no like we care'  forum. 

Ok. That's a pretty accurate psychological description of the phenomenon. I had a good laugh. 

There are some "vets" that exhibit this and who know they are "caught" in this type of thinking. Those people I can sympathize with. It's those that don't realize they are acting somewhat "toxically" that I find truly frustrating. 

Anyway. My hats off to all the volunteers who are working to make this game work.

S! 

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, tater said:

I subbed so I could vent a little (and to make the same, constructive suggestions I made ~20 years ago to no avail).

Glad you are here tater. That's a lot of patience ! 

S!

Venting we all do....totally understand. 

I guess I just worry about the gumption sucking aspect for people like the CRS volunteers.

Best to you.

S!

Please remind that volunteers of the CRS team are among the most passionate, the most demanding, the most critic towards our product/ marketing / business model. 

We try to ask the right questions and never before had CRS be so much listening to the community’s feedback. Even if some veterans could help more financially speaking, we appreciate how much they remain interested and involved. Nothing would be worse than seeing none of you here, playing and complaining else where. 

Right now CRS does this for you, for all of us. And Xoom is the one sacrificing the most, you would be chocked if you knew what he has given to keep the game running.

Still, just spreading the motivation to play such a game would help much more to achieve our goals. 

9 people like this

As one who is self-employed, I constantly bounce between feast and famine. The one luxury I've always allowed myself is ww2online, even when I couldn't justify the cost. It's very possible that the only future option I have is f2p or nothing.

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, gavalink said:

As one who is self-employed, I constantly bounce between feast and famine. The one luxury I've always allowed myself is ww2online, even when I couldn't justify the cost. It's very possible that the only future option I have is f2p or nothing.

I would much rather that veteran players who run into financial difficulties are afforded the opportunity to continue playing via F2P, passing their knowledge onto newer players, than the alternative.

S!

5 people like this

5 hours ago, Elfin said:

Hey Nick.

There are MANY players who truly appreciate the effort the volunteers put forward to keep this game going and growing.

I am one. Having worked as a volunteer in many organizations I am very sympathetic to the experience of volunteering.

There's not a lot that can undercut one's commitment, motivation and gumption  as a volunteer more than "whining" and "complaining" even if it is accompanied by good criticism.

It's totally "poisonous" !

Unfortunately, some individuals have not mastered the art of knowing how to criticize in a productive way....in a generous manner...in a good spirited manner.

Unfortunately as well... they don't see the "damage" they do.

Sort of like the "in denial" addict with all their excuses for "s h i t t i n g" all over the place, blaming others etc....

Anyway....just keep at it for as long as it is exciting, interesting, fulfilling, engaging.

Let the negativity roll off your back....many players, most, appreciate and understand the needed effort of volunteers.

S!

+1.  Thank you to all the RATs

S! Ian

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, augetout said:

I would much rather that veteran players who run into financial difficulties are afforded the opportunity to continue playing via F2P, passing their knowledge onto newer players, than the alternative.

S!

Well yes, kind of. Downside to f2p is .... well we already discussed. I would like the ability to gift a sub, or "charge" a friends account with $$ when this situation occurs rather than see them f2p.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

I've done it before, they can do it. 

Cool. Guess we have to have a specific name or know the player to arrange this gift? Or is there some weird sort of WWIIOL subscription scholarship or bursary fund somewhere we can contribute to? Or maybe just send all our extra money for subs to Moz and let him decide based on merit?

Seriously, how could something like this be arranged via the community? Could be a good idea for us, the players and the game. 

4 hours ago, dropbear said:

Has "gifting" of subs been looked at? I assume @PITTPETEcan do this manually?

Yes, i can gift subs to anyone with a support ticket..A lot of players already do this.

There are so many great people in this community...

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, PITTPETE said:

Yes, i can gift subs to anyone with a support ticket..A lot of players already do this.

Don't  understand: the player gifting the sub needs a support ticket or the player receiving the sub needs a support ticket?

Ok gifting subs is a great thing. I will take advantage of it for a couple months for someone who comes to mind. Anyways, this clearly needs to be communicated more to people in community and even streamlined so u dont have to open a ticket. I envision a transactional system where u could just deposit $xx dollars in someones account on a whim. Even if it was just 50% of a sub or something. Would be great. 

3 people like this

Well, my son said he'd DL the game and do F2P for a bit. He has played my account a few times now (he's good--there was a computer reaction time test at the museum exhibit on the human brain, and his reaction time is literally an order of magnitude better than mine). If he likes it I might sub him the cheap account (he only likes the rifle so far, anyway).

3 people like this

7 hours ago, sorella said:

Don't  understand: the player gifting the sub needs a support ticket or the player receiving the sub needs a support ticket?

Would recommend the person gifting be the one to initiate the ticket - we will need to collect payment information, and it'll help to cut down on bogus attempts.      

1 person likes this

Is it a coincidence that many veteran players have come through financial problems at the same time recently?. Some of those unsubs could pay hero builder accounts for their main and tow accounts without any problem, believe me on this. It is not a question of money but a question of game management to get massive resubs in the same way the game got massive unsubs (still believing that some unsubs come from financial problems, of course).

S!

15 hours ago, sorella said:

If you want to gift out a sub, put in a support ticket and i can get it done with a little work.

You can do it anonomously like some have done(i can send the player an email) or let the person know.

It isnt easy to do with our current billing system but we are looking at ways to improve this eternally for the future..

Thanks

On 6/12/2019 at 1:57 PM, PITTPETE said:

If you want to gift out a sub, put in a support ticket and i can get it done with a little work.

You can do it anonomously like some have done(i can send the player an email) or let the person know.

It isnt easy to do with our current billing system but we are looking at ways to improve this eternally for the future..

Thanks

IIRC you used to be able to purchase "gift certificates" they then could be redeemed at billing.  I had some players do this for me back in 09 when I lost my job and gave me almost a years worth of subscriptions.  IIRC I got a email saying that so in so gave me a gift certificate from CRS and my account was active.  I think I remember that correctly.

On 6/12/2019 at 2:08 AM, tater said:

Well, my son said he'd DL the game and do F2P for a bit. He has played my account a few times now (he's good--there was a computer reaction time test at the museum exhibit on the human brain, and his reaction time is literally an order of magnitude better than mine). If he likes it I might sub him the cheap account (he only likes the rifle so far, anyway).

He's got many good gaming years ahead of him if that's the case!  I've always had bad reaction time, but in my gaming "prime" (teenage years -> early 20s) I was a handful for other players in competitive settings. 

If he's got extra quick reaction speed, he will be a gaming god if he wants it.  

What is the difference between FTP and a Subscription. Pm me the details. I am looking to give this game another go. 

FPA gets rifle, truck and a couple SMGs at no cost.

Starter account and premium get more gear.

There are also new 'branch' packets if you just like to play one style.