Mosizlak

Free to Play has to go.

190 posts in this topic

How about F2P gets a rifle or a truck, nothing else---but make "Defense Instant Play" a button (all players) that allows everyone, even F2P to spawn into their choice of AAA, ATG, MG Ai pits. Same AI units, but for the ATG/MG at least they have better arcs of fire. All other thing about them is the same.

All of a sudden, the AI we take for granted as useless can be manned by actual people. The "instant action" spawns them into a random AI in game that at least "twitched" in the last XX seconds, if possible, else one with EWS, else one with an AO.

So you see the MG tower moving around, then next player that spawns "DIP" pops into that gun.

Edited by tater

I’m guessing that I would lose my Col rank  then as FTP.  Would I retain Everything I had 16 years ago if I started tonight as a Premium or do I have to start over.

4 minutes ago, tsb said:

I’m guessing that I would lose my Col rank  then as FTP.  Would I retain Everything I had 16 years ago if I started tonight as a Premium or do I have to start over.

I kept my old rank from years ago (not that rank matters in game, lol). It's like I never left.

1 hour ago, tsb said:

you keep your rank..

For as little as $4.99 month you could sub the starter which IMO is an excellent deal...https://www.wwiionline.com/subscriptions#sub-comparison

51 minutes ago, tsb said:

I guess I was asking about an actual list of the weapons in game now. 

When I left it was just the regular infantry and a few tanks. There was talk about the P38 and I think I saw the Stuart. 

I apologize for being unclear 

What side and equipment type are you interested in?  It's a rather extensive list and in some cases with infantry some come and go.

Plus a lot got added just in the last 1.5 years.

Here is a wiki armor list, but in the past year they have added CS version of the Matty, Sherman Firefly, PzIIIL and PzIIIN, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

https://wiki.wwiionline.com/view/Armor#Vehicles

8 hours ago, tsb said:

When I left it was just the regular infantry and a few tanks. There was talk about the P38 and I think I saw the Stuart. 

See the list of units in-game here in the premium store description

https://store.steampowered.com/app/667291/World_War_II_Online__PREMIUM/?beta=1

22 hours ago, tsb said:

Here's a badly outdated list - https://wiki.wwiionline.com/view/Units  - I keep meaning to get it updated (or at least get the image set to be similar), but can never quite seem to find the free time to get it cranked out. 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:57 PM, hillstorm said:

I played this game off and on for years before I subscribed. Honestly I had no clue what was going on, just ran around and played out of curiosity, had some fun times and some not-so-fun times back then. I'd get frustrated and quickly go back to other games that I thought (at the time) were better.

So one Saturday I was cycling through my various games, and while marching around clueless in this one, Rockhit took pity on me and showed me the ropes, told me what was going on, and invited me into his squad. Within a few weeks I was playing nearly every day, then I subscribed, and I've been subbed ever since. 

If I'd been given just a two-week window, that never would have happened. 

The game needs more players, not fewer. I think locking out FTP would be a death knell for this game. Is it annoying having people run around and play for free who seem, based on some of their comments, to HATE the game and want it to fail? Sure it is. But we still need those boots ... those bodies, those targets. ;) 

Worth repeating :P

(Okay, so maybe it won’t be the “death knell” Lol - gosh, let’s hope not! I’ll keep an open mind and I hope it accomplishes whatever it’s supposed to.)

Edited by hillstorm

30 Days should be enough, if not then 4.99, that can be cancelled at anytime, isn't going to break the bank

2 people like this