• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
dasei88

Blocking AB with PPOs

13 posts in this topic

Just tryed to defend Tienen but someone blocked all AB with tones of PPOs. Im sure thats against the TOS and need to be punished....

Dont know where else i should post this so i do it here.

SShot1.png
SShot2.png
SShot3.png

Seems like the defender should be able to do this, but not the attacker.

I have seen plenty of "defenders" doing this also. Some folks like to grief it's in their blood.

Most of the time it is the defenders that do it... they do love their little building games.....

It takes one infantryman or one bofors to clear all of that out in about 15 seconds.  No big deal in my opinion

2 people like this

You cant stop people to play around with the tools the game offers... Its part of the variety of things you can do... Not a cheat, not a spying act, just sabotage like another way to fight.... Let it go please. 

S!

If you can place them then it is ok- can't blame someone for doing what the game allows.

In the above example, placing all those barriers was likely not worth the effort. ATGS and tanks can just blow them away, and i have seen trucks go through far smaller gaps than what is available there.   

Tanks and bofors should not be able to destroys anti-tank obstacles.

8 hours ago, shagher said:

You cant stop people to play around with the tools the game offers... Its part of the variety of things you can do... Not a cheat, not a spying act, just sabotage like another way to fight.... Let it go please. 

S!

Anyone spawning on the defending side setting it up is POC gameplay and I'd like to see such people publically outed and able to be banned by side vote.

Won't happen, but I don't think much of such scum.

At least enemies that sneak into town doing that earned their way in with risking engineers on that tomfoolery.

Course, the real problem is some people sincerely may do the same thing cause they think it helps.

No biggie, takes seconds to clear.  Much bigger things to worry about.

40 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Course, the real problem is some people sincerely may do the same thing cause they think it helps.

Honestly I think most of the time it is well meaning players on your side, or new players simply trying to build stuff.

Like other have said, it takes seconds to take them out and its a non-issue.

If the attacker blockades the garage like that, well I guess be glad the AB wasn't hot, cause that was more than enough time to cap it.
Long as he isn't placing them so that you spawn on top of them, clip them and explode, I figure if I gave him that long to play in there, he deserves
the be able to mess up my easy access to exiting.

If the defender does it, I think he is having a bit of confusion on whose movement he is inhibiting or what he is protecting.

Trying to block the roads or alley ways against ingress I can understand, especially when it seems like the enemy might have the force to roll right into town.
I've seen people get yelled at in game for it, and then minutes after they removed the PPOs, in come 5 enemy tanks that would have been stopped.
Just a case of everyone having a different opinion and not organizing together

But the garage, I am a bit confused, we don't have any PPOs I think that are tall enough to shield a tank from in incoming shot that has the elevation to do so, and if I did, I would want to leave enough gap for them to pull out and pivot