• Announcements

    • PITTPETE

      NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

      The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

      18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

      This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
dwalin

We've had the "Hardest Campaign Ever", how about this one for "Most Boring Campaign Ever"?

112 posts in this topic

By and large the map is at the starting positions.  There is no exploiting gains any more.  Attrition really doesn't matter because as soon as you take that town, the next town behind it has fully supply so we can't keep pressing forward.  Town cut off?  Meh, who cares?  We aren't losing supply to training.  I don't know about the rest of you, but man..... this map has dragged on and will continue to do so.  I've been here since 2001 and this is hands down the most boring campaign I've been a part of.

12 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep - as I said else where a map 8 towns wide would probably be too big right now. At this rate we will take longer to finish this campaign than it took to fight all WWII.

 

S! Ian 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya, there are no more breakthroughs possible that little cut at Dinant area was already a huge gain what else would have taken one or two weeks  to archive.

One other bad part atm is that you push a hole evenig to get one town and in the next morning you try to hold it in a 3v10 situation what you simply can not win. Even with diffrent cap timers. I know it happens an both sides but its realy frustrating to loose a city without without having a chance to use its suply to defend, you simply getting overrun by numbers.

In that moments i realy miss the 60sek spawndelay timer, could help a lot in this moments.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maps used to last over 2/3 months back in the day when the game was more populated....looking for a quick breakthrough to end the map was always a lowpop maneuver it might have happened a few times outside  of lowpop and it was usually due to an extremely risky and dumb move by hc....rats can tinker to reduce stalemate by lowering supply levels increasing more ao’s and being rid of ews maybe just a few options to get map moving and more battles 

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree that some changes are going to be needed - there is very little feeling of maneuver or mobile warfare at all. This being said, there are a number of ways that 1.36 could address this, examples such as lowering supply, smaller garrison forces, and the use of proximity AOs. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dasei88 said:

Ya, there are no more breakthroughs possible that little cut at Dinant area was already a huge gain what else would have taken one or two weeks  to archive.

One other bad part atm is that you push a hole evenig to get one town and in the next morning you try to hold it in a 3v10 situation what you simply can not win. Even with diffrent cap timers. I know it happens an both sides but its realy frustrating to loose a city without without having a chance to use its suply to defend, you simply getting overrun by numbers.

In that moments i realy miss the 60sek spawndelay timer, could help a lot in this moments.

Yes the cut moved the map, but really, there are still dozens of towns between Phillipville and the factories.  The cut was not really a big deal. No brigades moved to training.  No garrisons lost, since new ones just reappeared where needed.     Allies can easily do the same thing next week and gain it all back.

The new reality is you need to move the entire front, north to south, one town at a time, across the entire map, fighting long drawn out battles for each town.   As soon as a town goes critical, stop all attacks and have everyone go to the threatened town. All you need is one cp, anywhere in town to come back and lib.   This campaign could last a full year or longer.

 The most frustrating part i find is you take the bunker, all the cps but one, but the one left does not have a link to an enemy town.  Then the enemy spawns and takes the entire town back. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The panic from losing small meaningless towns is ridiculous people just charge back to full on defense mode at the slightest hint of a town loss....multi cps defended in a town that had no ews some players are so scared of the boogeyman they sit for hours doing nothing

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dasei88 said:

Ya, there are no more breakthroughs possible that little cut at Dinant area was already a huge gain what else would have taken one or two weeks  to archive.

One other bad part atm is that you push a hole evenig to get one town and in the next morning you try to hold it in a 3v10 situation what you simply can not win. Even with diffrent cap timers. I know it happens an both sides but its realy frustrating to loose a city without without having a chance to use its suply to defend, you simply getting overrun by numbers.

In that moments i realy miss the 60sek spawndelay timer, could help a lot in this moments.

It blows when you simply don't hve the boots online to mount even half a decent def doesn't it? This was allied TZ3 for many years but this isn't a haha now do you get it?! post. I think a good way to start the line moving quicker again is to reduce garrison sizes which will in turn encourage more backline supply brought up and thus more weakened backline towns which will see more mini 'breakthroughs' and/ or simple town by town caps. I'm not sure what could be reduced.. likely armour by 30% or more, Basic inf supply of riles by the same. SMg's - well at 19 - 30 depening on AB numbers I think that's already running on minimum. Engineers there's already not enough of, etc

I didn't play this weekend due to RL commitments but looks like you've a good foothold on the riverline. As to the TZ3 pop imbalances where one side or the other is little more than a speed bumpI have no answers. AT least the system allows the AO's to drop to 1 when game pop is low enough. You should have been here a few years back when it was always 2 if not more and we didn't have the boots for a decent def at any 1 of them, now that was horrific!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blakeh said:

The new reality is you need to move the entire front, north to south, one town at a time, across the entire map, fighting long drawn out battles for each town.   As soon as a town goes critical, stop all attacks and have everyone go to the threatened town. All you need is one cp, anywhere in town to come back and lib.   This campaign could last a full year or longer.

 The most frustrating part i find is you take the bunker, all the cps but one, but the one left does not have a link to an enemy town.  Then the enemy spawns and takes the entire town back. 

Why? Why do you have to move the entire front? Why can't you push specific areas of the map? You no longer have to worry about too few flags to cover your cut's flanks. Just make the cut a few towns wide right?

Seems to me this is where HC as a whole needs to adapt and march to the same beat. 

Develop a strategy ... have all of your HC members get on-board and carry it out 24/7. 

Place AO's exclusively in a consistant area of the map. What is stopping you? During underpop times, turtle up and protect what you gained until pop turns in your favor. I know it is easier said than done. Normally, i see AO's all over the front .. normally just placed for convenience in regards to what fb's we have and how many attacking town links there are. If that is your criteria than yeah, it is just gonna see-saw all along the front. 

Your cut isn't going to happen overnight like it used to happen, but i don't see why it is impossible.

Edited by choad
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, choad said:

Why? Why do you have to move the entire front? Why can't you push specific areas of the map? You no longer have to worry about too few flags to cover your cut's flanks. Just make the cut a few towns wide right?

Seems to me this is where HC as a whole needs to adapt and march to the same beat. 

Develop a strategy ... have all of your HC members get on-board and carry it out 24/7. 

Place AO's exclusively in a consistant area of the map. What is stopping you? During underpop times, turtle up and protect what you gained until pop turns in your favor. I know it is easier said than done. Normally, i see AO's all over the front .. normally just placed for convenience in regards to what fb's we have and how many attacking town links there are. If that is your criteria than yeah, it is just gonna see-saw all along the front. 

Your cut isn't going to happen overnight like it used to happen, but i don't see why it is impossible.

Yup agree here. If you coordinate and have a large strategy you can make big cuts, but we just really haven't been doing it on either side. Everyone is very risk averse with the new system. And as was mentioned all we need to do is adjust supply and the map can move much faster.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, choad said:

Why? Why do you have to move the entire front? Why can't you push specific areas of the map? You no longer have to worry about too few flags to cover your cut's flanks. Just make the cut a few towns wide right?

Seems to me this is where HC as a whole needs to adapt and march to the same beat. 

Develop a strategy ... have all of your HC members get on-board and carry it out 24/7. 

Place AO's exclusively in a consistant area of the map. What is stopping you? During underpop times, turtle up and protect what you gained until pop turns in your favor. I know it is easier said than done. Normally, i see AO's all over the front .. normally just placed for convenience in regards to what fb's we have and how many attacking town links there are. If that is your criteria than yeah, it is just gonna see-saw all along the front. 

Your cut isn't going to happen overnight like it used to happen, but i don't see why it is impossible.

You cannot fix on just one area of the map. A failed AO means no supply in the attack garrisons for 15+ hours depending on RDP. You get one good full supply attack a day from a garrison, thats it. The AOs have to go over the whole line, because there is no supply. And yet as has been commented, the garrisons are too big, way too many tanks.... Maybe another Div for each side... but we need something, because everyday I log in sees less than there were that day the week before. Yesterday, Sunday, 1200 zulu and just 2 peeps on axis discord. Today there was just one, and three of us when I logged from boredom.

 

S! ian 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germans have one bad TZ3 and now we have to change the rules? Interesting. :)

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gipper said:

Germans have one bad TZ3 and now we have to change the rules? Interesting. :)

 

This has nothing to do with one good or bad TZ for me.  For me this is entirely because there is simply no strategic movement on the map any more.  When you attack a town, beat the crap out of it, then take the town, there is no way to take advantage of lower supply because, frankly, there is no lower supply.  So hours of pounding away on an AO results in one town captured and not being able to strategically push a weak area.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ian77 said:

You cannot fix on just one area of the map. A failed AO means no supply in the attack garrisons for 15+ hours depending on RDP. You get one good full supply attack a day from a garrison, thats it. The AOs have to go over the whole line, because there is no supply. And yet as has been commented, the garrisons are too big, way too many tanks.... Maybe another Div for each side... but we need something, because everyday I log in sees less than there were that day the week before. Yesterday, Sunday, 1200 zulu and just 2 peeps on axis discord. Today there was just one, and three of us when I logged from boredom.

 

S! ian 

The front as we speak is something approaching 30 + towns. You are telling me you can't even focus efforts towards 1/3 of it? As you start to push into a cut that expands the towns on the front even further, all of which have garrison supply. I agree a couple more supplemental flags may help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A narrow front can be cut off.  This was true with the old system too, but the current attack method moves much slower and gives the enemy time to adjust.     Some though needs to be put into finding a way to put some mobility back into the game with garrison supply.   Perhaps less armour in towns and more armour brigades to move around to spearhead attacks?  Through enough ideas out and one may make sense.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cap backline supply to 10-30%? or just cut supply all round?

 

9 hours ago, dwalin said:

By and large the map is at the starting positions.  There is no exploiting gains any more.  Attrition really doesn't matter because as soon as you take that town, the next town behind it has fully supply so we can't keep pressing forward.  Town cut off?  Meh, who cares?  We aren't losing supply to training.  I don't know about the rest of you, but man..... this map has dragged on and will continue to do so.  I've been here since 2001 and this is hands down the most boring campaign I've been a part of.

i agree trying to push more than 1 town drags on and on.

the new supply system is only a few months old, it still needs adjustments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I'd cut infantry supply, seems sparse as is.

Yes, obviously cut all vehicles, planes and boats in half.

Then of course, put in some sane capture timers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. No more ridiculous map rolls where you log off from taking a town, log in the next afternoon and 25 towns are lost and 3/4's of your supply is in training. 

I know some of you play to win at all costs, and that's great for you, but I play to have fun. I like being able to drive a truck and ATG or a tank from a rearline town at any AO/DO, not being forced to spawn into a surrounded town. 

Towns are still changing hands, but at a slower rate. Good. 

Remember when we'd get no playing time with anything tier3+? For MONTHS at a time lol.  

I like the new system. Needs tweaking here and there, but it's a huge step in the correct direction. 

(waits for empty town cappers who miss doing that to come and post)

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's almost as though..... ToEs had upsides?

Naw, can't be that.

 

Well, independent of spilt milk, there are fixes readily done for this.

 

Cut supply to 1/3. 

Set resupply tickets to 1 hour.

Double the factory effects per damage.

 

There.  You'll see some serious stuff happen.

 

That's the rough raw fix.  The RIGHT fix is to get PN nailed down (which it isn't, too many strange results that seem capricious and not oriented to game pop reality), and make offense easier.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting topic.  The map is kinda stale.  3 Weeks fighting Aarschot - Tienen lol.

We will discuss this topic at tomorrow nights CRS mtg.

S!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too much TOEs stills and too much garisson supplies, WBS has ended.

Got 103 kills and 58 kills in Phil yesterday and today and they keep spawning auto's and armors. Insane.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kilemall said:

It's almost as though..... ToEs had upsides?

Naw, can't be that.

Reading this thread makes me want to pull my hair out.  

 

Holy [censored].  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matamor said:

Too much TOEs stills and too much garisson supplies, WBS has ended.

Got 103 kills and 58 kills in Phil yesterday and today and they keep spawning auto's and armors. Insane.

Yep the toes in pville were very much like the old toes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.