• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
dwalin

We've had the "Hardest Campaign Ever", how about this one for "Most Boring Campaign Ever"?

112 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, matamor said:

Too much TOEs stills and too much garisson supplies, WBS has ended.

Got 103 kills and 58 kills in Phil yesterday and today and they keep spawning auto's and armors. Insane.

more like not enough STATS mate. you killing the wrong stuff and not enough of it and in the wrong place. we got 2 fb kills at Pville yesterday.  seemed to make y'alls go away. 

33 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

Yep the toes in pville were very much like the old toes

defenders at pville feel the same way. attackers had endless inf and tanks to spawn from 4 garrisons and 4 spawnables.  maybe  y'alls want it so the defender supply exactly matches the number of players? 5 rifles, 1 mortar, 1 smg, 1 lmg per garrison? kill them off and win?

Edited by sorella
2 people like this

11 hours ago, enemytank said:

sincerely ....
You do not know what you want.

S!

+10/ half wanted what we've got, the other half wanted what we used to have and the the third half wanted something different than the first two halves. now the 4th half wants what they wanted, only different, because what they wanted in the first place didn't turn out to be what they wanted at all. 

4 minutes ago, sorella said:

+10/ half wanted what we've got, the other half wanted what we used to have and the the third half wanted something different than the first two halves. now the 4th half wants what they wanted, only different, because what they wanted in the first place didn't turn out to be what they wanted at all. 

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, sorella said:

more like not enough STATS mate. you killing the wrong stuff and not enough of it and in the wrong place. we got 2 fb kills at Pville yesterday.  seemed to make y'alls go away. 

defenders at pville feel the same way. attackers had endless inf and tanks to spawn from 4 garrisons and 4 spawnables.  maybe  y'alls want it so the defender supply exactly matches the number of players? 5 rifles, 1 mortar, 1 smg, 1 lmg per garrison? kill them off and win?

YOu know, I'm not joking about the 1 hour list and the rest.

3 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

YOu know, I'm not joking about the 1 hour list and the rest.

I'm with you. Pop Neutrality FTW. 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, sorella said:

Your matamor hate is showing....at least matamor has switched sides to help out trying to fix the allied side which according to you has been a mess for 2 years right?...or is it still ez mode and you caught on with the hard axis mode?....yall’s can put your $ were your mouth is 

Edited by Jsilec
1 person likes this

First campaign after a major overhaul of supply and game play, need to give the boys some time too gain data and an over-view of said campaign before trying any changes...

Baby Sherms vs. Tigers, I hate it very much, but I will still play, die, respawn, whine, blame Rans and continue killing.

I'm with Moe on this one, at least no more TZ3 wonderbars...

2 people like this

38 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

Your matamor hate is showing....at least matamor has switched sides to help out trying to fix the allied side which according to you has been a mess for 2 years right?...or is it still ez mode and you caught on with the hard axis mode?....yall’s can put your $ were your mouth is 

don't hate anyone. just pointing out certain long-term fixations. we are humble, ordinary, get-stuff-done if you can, run of the mill player-people and  switched sides a while ago; nothing to do with mess or not; had to do with play style preference - just like yours, your squad's or matamor's. it takes all kinds, on all sides to make the game work. but the allied style then, and still, seemed absorbed with self-absorption and personal success rather than side success. which is fine, its every player's choice. but as you say -  you get what you play for. 

been around long enough to have seen that ez-mode goes in waves and switches sides every 2/3/4 or 5 campaigns and goes in cycles. and our all's $$$ is where it belongs - subscribing to the game. 

Stay humble and enjoy your victory in pville we been trying to get the allies out of the depo because this side is abundant in window snipers so a guy like mata is more then welcome

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

Stay humble and enjoy your victory in pville we been trying to get the allies out of the depo because this side is abundant in window snipers so a guy like mata is more then welcome

S! pville not a victory. stalemate, like a lot of battles these days on both sides. window snipers? also abundant on both sides- its where new players hang out. just need to make the windows bigger and give'em time to learn how to get out without dying, and what to do or where to go once they out.  

Edited by sorella

28 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

Trust me its the same on axis side.... out of 10 ppl maybe 3 even care about CPs the rest jumps into the next house, looks out of a window and stays there forever while the CP next to him gets recapped

Complaining about window snipers while extolling the virtues of attrition seems at the least inconsistent.

1 person likes this

Maybe once a AO gets set on a certain town , the next town behind it or linked town is also hot and in play. 

Would encourage maybe more Para missions, would encourage back to back town fighting. 

If the rear town is lost before the Frontline town, it really becomes a attrition battle.

Also the town that gets AOed all surrounding towns that have an FB to said town go hot also. 

It would really open up the map , I understand that the lowpop would probably get overrun, so not sure if it would be the answer.

But I would like to see at least the back to back town thing tried at least for one map can't be worse then what we have now.

Edited by dre21

Stay out of my spawnable CP!

I thought we we're doing well in pville when it was rifles rushing me but it got back to autos eventually.

Lost fbs... gona give guardunit1 an aneurysm.

58 minutes ago, simarauder said:

Lost fbs... gona give guardunit1 an aneurysm.

you need the new & improved guardunit5000 models. ask Nily for the custom DLC secret code. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Jsilec said:

Thanks Js - I rarely runs out of targets that's for sure and I appreciate the time I spend allied with all the respect towards me .

I mostly spent my time being underpop. From the days that US TZ was rolling numbers on us hard with 23rd . After they removed the 1 minute cap timer on cps with our epic 1775th para drops town caps, We couldn't think capping a town underpop with people not getting out of building and/or losing 2 other towns in the process .

Hopefully vets of both sides tend to equal side numbers overall . Not CRS task to mitigate this.

4 hours ago, dre21 said:

Maybe once a AO gets set on a certain town , the next town behind it or linked town is also hot and in play. 

Would encourage maybe more Para missions, would encourage back to back town fighting. 

If the rear town is lost before the Frontline town, it really becomes a attrition battle.

Also the town that gets AOed all surrounding towns that have an FB to said town go hot also. 

It would really open up the map , I understand that the lowpop would probably get overrun, so not sure if it would be the answer.

But I would like to see at least the back to back town thing tried at least for one map can't be worse then what we have now.

Gotcha covered  Read up on my NAO proposal, it'll give you chills.

NAO is a big part of why I am so hot on PN, get that right and we could really open up a regional battle like we've never had.

Edited by Kilemall
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Complaining about window snipers while extolling the virtues of attrition seems at the least inconsistent.

If you cant understand the difference pertaining to window snipers and ATTACKING then here is a short summary .....if everyone attacking window snipes then cp gets recapped and armor camps the existing supply as opposed to everyone’s capping cps and abs while killing off enemy supply .....if everyone defending window snipes then a town cap is easier

16 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

If you cant understand the difference pertaining to window snipers and ATTACKING then here is a short summary .....if everyone attacking window snipes then cp gets recapped and armor camps the existing supply as opposed to everyone’s capping cps and abs while killing off enemy supply .....if everyone defending window snipes then a town cap is easier

Heavens that never occurred to me!  Golly gee willikers Mr. Silec thanks!

Point being, window sniping can be a very effective supply drainer, most of us scream like bloody murder at those guys, but at the same time we call for attrition/attrition/attrition, mixed message especially to new guys and those casual players left that might be persuaded to do some depot control.

Wow this thread. 

LOL.

You(we) have the game you suposedly wanted. Now go enjoy it. 

3 people like this

That this (people in depot windows) is an issue (for anyone) is a symptom of poor game design.

In my recent play, I tend to guard or assault CPs way more than I would like to (the amount I would like to is zero, so a low bar). I do this because I hate spawning into a homogeneous mix of friendly and enemy units, with no sense of coherence/lines. Not WW1 style lines, just a reasonable assumption I would get shot in the barracks I supposedly sleep in, while the guys with LMGs in towers ignore everything.

All the play around capture is awful, so I'm not sure I can blame anyone for refusing to participate. This game is necessarily herding cats, but the design could make the cats sort of want to be in the right places if it were more well thought out.

19 hours ago, TMAN said:

Interesting topic.  The map is kinda stale.  3 Weeks fighting Aarschot - Tienen lol.

We will discuss this topic at tomorrow nights CRS mtg.

S!

Whatever you guys do TMAN, do NOT listen to the neat idea fairies who want to cut supply.  I'm sick and tired of those neat idea fairies who will be the death of this game.  They won't be happy until there's nothing but five or six infantry tied to trees.  Ignore them and save this game.

VR

1 person likes this

catching the enemy with their pants down (as fun as it is) only gets you one town, not a softcap trip to the factories

no more TZ3 map-ending cut offs, but it also means that you can't win the map with some flag movements and a few armor rushes

if the map is going slow it's probably due to the tactical reasons, maybe because any time a side gets 10-15 more players than the other they get slammed with something like a 300% capture disadvantage

On 5/20/2019 at 9:52 AM, dwalin said:

Attrition really doesn't matter because as soon as you take that town, the next town behind it has fully supply so we can't keep pressing forward.  Town cut off?  Meh, who cares?  We aren't losing supply to training.

supplies matters a lot more locally, but is practically irrelevant globally

so like I said you blast one town and you only get one town, not a free trip to the factories

on the upside playing smart and getting favorable exchange with the other team means something, there are not literally divisions of teleporting cavalry to come and even things out

There were a few people who predicted this entirely and that if CRS was not so insanely focus on implementing Garrisons we could have had a better system that was easier to implement ingame and we would have saved so much development time.

Now imagine if we had just dived into a pure town supply system :rolleyes:

The right path

The right way for the game in my eyes still is turn town supply in real garrisons, like 15 infantry a hand of atgs and trucks and add like 150 small brigades to each side some ATG, infantry and tank centric and give all subscribers the chance to required/lotto the command of these small brigades for X time with the option to slave the command to squad leader/members.

You could remove almost entirely HC from this system and promote teamwork leadership and strategic play.

@Kilemall

can you post your NAO proposal, on the free section of the forum? 

Edited by pbveteran

I thought AO's were going to be automatically set off if you have at least X amount of players at the attack point. Is that coming?

i.e. I get 10 players organized and rolling to whatever front line town that is chosen.... bingo AO goes up.

Was that ever in the plans? A bad rumour?

That might actually provided some opportunity to push the line....just wondering.

S!