• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madyuden

Assorted Returnee Questions

2 posts in this topic

I'm returning to World War II Online for the nth time since the original release date in a box off the shelf.  I have a few questions and feedback, looking at the game afresh:

1) Immediately encountered difficulty streaming using Nvidia GeForce Experience.  It behaves the same way Novalogic's Delta Force 2 does when I try to stream it.  In other words, I am unable to edit the title of the stream or click any of the GeForce Experience buttons.  This also means that button presses that are supposed to manipulate the GeForce Experience overlay instead perform actions in the game.

2) Clicking Escape begins the despawn process.  It does not bring up a menu where settings can be tweaked.  Is there another intuitive button to bring up such a menu, or can Preferences only be adjusted out of the game engine?

3) Preferences have a limited number of options.  Where do I adjust Contrast, Gamma, FOV, anti-aliasing, etc.?

4) There needs to be a proofreading pass on all publicly displayed text.   It's just good business.  A professional presentation ought to mean more players, which we know means more fun in-game.

I'm looking forward to experiencing once more a full-spectrum battle in a town.  World War II Online / Battleground Europe is still #1 at this.  Heroes & Generals might be prettier, but its gameplay looks like arcadey chaos.  I didn't even bother with it.

1 hour ago, madyuden said:

I'm returning to World War II Online for the nth time since the original release date in a box off the shelf.  I have a few questions and feedback, looking at the game afresh:

1) Immediately encountered difficulty streaming using Nvidia GeForce Experience.  It behaves the same way Novalogic's Delta Force 2 does when I try to stream it.  In other words, I am unable to edit the title of the stream or click any of the GeForce Experience buttons.  This also means that button presses that are supposed to manipulate the GeForce Experience overlay instead perform actions in the game.

2) Clicking Escape begins the despawn process.  It does not bring up a menu where settings can be tweaked.  Is there another intuitive button to bring up such a menu, or can Preferences only be adjusted out of the game engine?

3) Preferences have a limited number of options.  Where do I adjust Contrast, Gamma, FOV, anti-aliasing, etc.?

4) There needs to be a proofreading pass on all publicly displayed text.   It's just good business.  A professional presentation ought to mean more players, which we know means more fun in-game.

I'm looking forward to experiencing once more a full-spectrum battle in a town.  World War II Online / Battleground Europe is still #1 at this.  Heroes & Generals might be prettier, but its gameplay looks like arcadey chaos.  I didn't even bother with it.

wb S! no clue about the GeForce tech stuff.

Preferences tab can be reached on any screen -  Persona / Active Battles / Mission Select / Unit Select  - via upper right tab mouse click other than when actually spawned into the game as a unit. 

Edited by sorella

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0