dre21

The reason why I log in less

96 posts in this topic

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 2:15 AM, Jsilec said:

Reason i log in less?....the schrek 

Try playing when French have the zook and nobody else has anything like it.

Axis Inf flag has a whole 3 shreks v. 30? 40? Tanks - doesn't seem so many, but yes as a tanker, I hate shreks/zooks running hither and yon through hedges hunting tanks. I wish they could be "fixed" to only fire in/around the edge of town, not out in the wide open fields, when they do not even render running towards us for the first 1500m or so of their journey from town. You can see the attraction of World of Tanks where you fight tanks not ninjas with magic hand bags and fatboy rocket launchers. :) 

But the game is what it is, and less play now than ever, maybe Tankers will get some love one day, like the flyboys just have?

 

S! ian 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually JsiIec, you are far more "right" than I realised!  I was in game just looked at the spawn lists, so an Axis Inf KG flag has just 3 Shreks.  Fair enough.

A 1AB garrison flag has no less than 14 shreks!! Almost 5 times what an infantry flag contains, the 2 AB towns have 21. It simply beggers belief. No doubt someone will post that every tenth soldier had a shrek, but we need weapons to function within our game environment, offering a semblance of (dare I say) balance.

 

S! Ian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ian77 said:

Actually JsiIec, you are far more "right" than I realised!  I was in game just looked at the spawn lists, so an Axis Inf KG flag has just 3 Shreks.  Fair enough.

A 1AB garrison flag has no less than 14 shreks!! Almost 5 times what an infantry flag contains, the 2 AB towns have 21. It simply beggers belief. No doubt someone will post that every tenth soldier had a shrek, but we need weapons to function within our game environment, offering a semblance of (dare I say) balance.

 

S! Ian 

No worries i been trying address it with crs but alas i dont have the street cred with these new rats lol...2ab towns can overstock schreks to 28 or 42?

Edited by Jsilec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"2ab towns can overstock schreks to 28 or 42?"

Same with zooks i guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, atgman said:

"2ab towns can overstock schreks to 28 or 42?"

Same with zooks i guess?

Yes, but who needs to overstock with those base line numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya, this is the problem with that historical spawn-list approach.  I, I just don't know.  How can people decide those numbers are a good idea, like ever?

 

Completely right that they were cheap and outnumbered tanks.  Completely wrong in a game where the RPATs are far more reliable and far easier to go tank hunting with low infantry density then the real thing.  NEVER more then 5 base, and that would be with the 3-4 AB towns.

 

Madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 6:11 PM, dropbear said:

NO Kilemall, I am not subbed. I play f2p until I reach rage quit lvl then log off - so many times in disgust it's not funny.

Sooo many times I find ems in the fields or ets incoming. I mark them, relay it to the target ao defence and get ignored 90% of the time.

I am finding the lag exponentially worse in the last few weeks..is it CRS cutting costs on bandwidth and/or priority from their provider?. Not ALL the enemy can be using throttled connections surely.

My ping is rock steady at 205-210 and when I experience any weirdness I always tab out and check it. It is the very best you can physically get from Australia.

MY squad has been decimated - three or four players that are still  subbed play very rarely and then for an hour or two at most,

 

As has been intimated in posts above there is a real lack of vets that are playing allied atm. A few new players around asking questions and wandering about - they are little but target practice for the hordes playing axis atm.

Ok great, but your playing F2P is not feeding hamsters.  It's practically anti-hamster.

 

cffebd84ac0ae91c3cef32523a170147.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 5:47 PM, major0noob said:

I wasn't taking about him specifically, but the masses of recognizable tags that disappeared in the past year.

Like lob, saranoin, karecha, my allied SL and axis counterpart, and many more unique tags. A lot have left, enough to drop CRS's revenue to an all time low.

 

I am in constant contact/argument with Lob, I'm pretty sure half the reason he doesn't play was his education time and cost of game.  The other half is he was playing on borrowed time anyway cause his French squad blew apart and he was just jumping in to mess around, before any of the latest changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ian77 said:

Actually JsiIec, you are far more "right" than I realised!  I was in game just looked at the spawn lists, so an Axis Inf KG flag has just 3 Shreks.  Fair enough.

A 1AB garrison flag has no less than 14 shreks!! Almost 5 times what an infantry flag contains, the 2 AB towns have 21. It simply beggers belief. No doubt someone will post that every tenth soldier had a shrek, but we need weapons to function within our game environment, offering a semblance of (dare I say) balance.

 

S! Ian 

Seriously?...

 

Idk man.  Idk.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might have rats check those ATS numbers, both sides - does seem high off hand.

Of course, with the absurd amount of tanks, maybe it isn't so off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, delems said:

Might have rats check those ATS numbers, both sides - does seem high off hand.

Of course, with the absurd amount of tanks, maybe it isn't so off.

 

Both need to be cut substantially.  We don't have WBS pop levels anymore.  

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it at all possible to tie the proportions of supplied equipment to the game population?

Has anyone actually tried playing allied armour in tz3 with 5+ shreks waiting in the vehicle spawns to get their kills? No seriously, there are more shreks in some attacks than smgs, especially in the early stages. I certainly don't blame the axis - the devs have deemed it AOK to give them the tools. Allies have them as well - it's just numbers = win, almost every time.

I seriously would invite ALL the CRS devs to actually play on the underpop side for a full day cycle - I see them pop in and out, mostly doing map work or HC work if allies have no HC for the moment. We need them to log in and actually PLAY in the game for a day, and then give their feedback. I would also ask them to artificially increase their ping rates to simulate players from other countries (easily done), to see HOW the game is viewed from their customers point of view.

It seems to me that the devs are only aware of the huge problems the game has abstractly, with little to no real experience in the game over time. We need objective testing of how the game plays in reality - not fiddling with numbers in a database, and then seeing the results. One way or another this sort of balancing alienates the player base from the developers.

Players are generally too invested in their own side to be useful as objective testers - I would hope for the game's longevity that the developers can see past their preference for one side or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dropbear said:

Is it at all possible to tie the proportions of supplied equipment to the game population?

Has anyone actually tried playing allied armour in tz3 with 5+ shreks waiting in the vehicle spawns to get their kills? No seriously, there are more shreks in some attacks than smgs, especially in the early stages. I certainly don't blame the axis - the devs have deemed it AOK to give them the tools. Allies have them as well - it's just numbers = win, almost every time.

I seriously would invite ALL the CRS devs to actually play on the underpop side for a full day cycle - I see them pop in and out, mostly doing map work or HC work if allies have no HC for the moment. We need them to log in and actually PLAY in the game for a day, and then give their feedback. I would also ask them to artificially increase their ping rates to simulate players from other countries (easily done), to see HOW the game is viewed from their customers point of view.

It seems to me that the devs are only aware of the huge problems the game has abstractly, with little to no real experience in the game over time. We need objective testing of how the game plays in reality - not fiddling with numbers in a database, and then seeing the results. One way or another this sort of balancing alienates the player base from the developers.

Players are generally too invested in their own side to be useful as objective testers - I would hope for the game's longevity that the developers can see past their preference for one side or another.

That's not true still same amount of zooks in each unit we just rearm them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 5:04 PM, blggles said:

The gameplay (in particular the spawn and cap rules) promote absurd, ahistorical, unimmersive, ragequit inducing, gameplay that is a far cry from what players expect when they think about the "virtual battlefield", thats just a fact. There it is, CRS doesn't have to do anything about it, its their game after all, but there it is. 

It's annoying as heck.

 

I flew more than anything in the past cpl days, because I didn't have to endure the spawn camping nonsense when flying.

So sad. The infantry gameplay is pretty bad. I have no suggestions for making it better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, girlfriend said:

It's annoying as heck.

 

I flew more than anything in the past cpl days, because I didn't have to endure the spawn camping nonsense when flying.

So sad. The infantry gameplay is pretty bad. I have no suggestions for making it better.

 

Who dis u were breaking my balls the other day about my sherman suppre:ossion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, girlfriend said:

It's annoying as heck.

 

I flew more than anything in the past cpl days, because I didn't have to endure the spawn camping nonsense when flying.

So sad. The infantry gameplay is pretty bad. I have no suggestions for making it better.

 

I read this and i think maybe it is more a failure of taining new players/crumby UI. That or an unwillingness of certain players to spend some overhead time to setup new spawn points. Every player can create their own mission. Camped spawnable? Spawn existing FMS or better yet drive your own up. I know there are no guarantees and it can take 10 minutes ...  but that is really what it is all about. I guess it isn't for everyone .... but i am just hoping and praying players still have the want to and there is just tribal knowledge standing in their way.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jsilec said:

Who dis u were breaking my balls the other day about my sherman suppre:ossion 

Oh I wasn't breaking balls... I was just lol that you were still parked in a Sherm, still camping and here you are now complaining about shrecks. Even MOAR lol.

 

Try moving from time to time. I know, I know... you have a lot of belts of MG ammo to spend -just try not to spend them in one place hahaha

 

32 minutes ago, choad said:

I read this and i think maybe it is more a failure of taining new players/crumby UI. That or an unwillingness of certain players to spend some overhead time to setup new spawn points. Every player can create their own mission. Camped spawnable? Spawn existing FMS or better yet drive your own up. I know there are no guarantees and it can take 10 minutes ...  but that is really what it is all about. I guess it isn't for everyone .... but i am just hoping and praying players still have the want to and there is just tribal knowledge standing in their way.

Hrm, training? Or design?

I think the latter.

When buildings have 4-5 ways to get out of them upon spawning, and Jsilec is camped outside covering three of them; and two other tanks camped at the other ones... well, this is inevitable. Can't blame them for going right for the best kill zones, can you?

That spawn delay is better than over 2 min, but it's still hard to spawn back in to be killed yet again lol

I give a spawn 3 chances. Then I eff off to fly.

Why bother with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, girlfriend said:

It's annoying as heck.

 

I flew more than anything in the past cpl days, because I didn't have to endure the spawn camping nonsense when flying.

So sad. The infantry gameplay is pretty bad. I have no suggestions for making it better.

 

 

Agreed.

I do have suggestions for making it better.

- End building-based capture.

- End building-based spawn.

- Replace with zone-based capture and require player number threshold (e.g. one player can kill a lot of people, but he cannot cap a zone by himself, ever).

- Automatic, temporary disabling of spawning when a certain threshold of enemy units are within a certain range of a spawn point. There will be some feedback on the map when a spawn point is "compromised" by the enemy. Spawning restored as soon as enemies removed from this range. If you failed to prevent them from occupying the area, then you don't get to spawn there anymore. Period. It's now up to the defenders on the ground to eject the enemy, and dead players must join the fight from other spawn locations.

- Because capping is now zone-based, long cap timers can actually be a *good* thing. Attackers will be able to move around and defend their cap-in-progress because they won't be confined to the inside of a single building. This will allow time for the defenders to regain the zone and/or restore spawning from the spawn points associated with that zone. Imagine a group of cappers have shut down enemy spawning, and they're now capping; they'd better rush to find good positions to withstand counter-attacks so they can hold the zone.

- Caps can now be interrupted and indefinitely *paused* if a certain threshold of defenders are within the cap zone. So if the defenders are able to get back into the cap zone (remember, no one-man-caps, so no ridiculous moling), then the cap bar/progress stops moving. Cap progress will continue (in one direction or the other), when one side or the other has been largely removed from the cap zone.

- Spawning for infantry now takes place in random locations near (but NOT within) a cap zone; e.g. a back alley here, a nearby building there. This works perfectly in other modern FPS games.

Edited by xanthus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, girlfriend said:

Oh I wasn't breaking balls... I was just lol that you were still parked in a Sherm, still camping and here you are now complaining about shrecks. Even MOAR lol.

 

Try moving from time to time. I know, I know... you have a lot of belts of MG ammo to spend -just try not to spend them in one place hahaha

 

Hrm, training? Or design?

I think the latter.

When buildings have 4-5 ways to get out of them upon spawning, and Jsilec is camped outside covering three of them; and two other tanks camped at the other ones... well, this is inevitable. Can't blame them for going right for the best kill zones, can you?

That spawn delay is better than over 2 min, but it's still hard to spawn back in to be killed yet again lol

I give a spawn 3 chances. Then I eff off to fly.

Why bother with that?

Thanks for the tip anonymous vet that was the very last ab of the last contested town of the campaign so yea i wanted some blood...fyi i got schreked by dandare literally 30 seconds after you commented haha...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, xanthus said:

 

Agreed.

I do have suggestions for making it better.

- End building-based capture.

- End building-based spawn.

- Replace with zone-based capture and require player number threshold (e.g. one player can kill a lot of people, but he cannot cap a zone by himself, ever).

- Automatic, temporary disabling of spawning when a certain threshold of enemy units are within a certain range of a spawn point. There will be some feedback on the map when a spawn point is "compromised" by the enemy. Spawning restored as soon as enemies removed from this range. If you failed to prevent them from occupying the area, then you don't get to spawn there anymore. Period. It's now up to the defenders on the ground to eject the enemy, and dead players must join the fight from other spawn locations.

- Because capping is now zone-based, long cap timers can actually be a *good* thing. Attackers will be able to move around and defend their cap-in-progress because they won't be confined to the inside of a single building. This will allow time for the defenders to regain the zone and/or restore spawning from the spawn points associated with that zone. Imagine a group of cappers have shut down enemy spawning, and they're now capping; they'd better rush to find good positions to withstand counter-attacks so they can hold the zone.

- Caps can now be interrupted and indefinitely *paused* if a certain threshold of defenders are within the cap zone. So if the defenders are able to get back into the cap zone (remember, no one-man-caps, so no ridiculous moling), then the cap bar/progress stops moving. Cap progress will continue (in one direction or the other), when one side or the other has been largely removed from the cap zone.

- Spawning for infantry now takes place in random locations near (but NOT within) a cap zone; e.g. a back alley here, a nearby building there. This works perfectly in other modern FPS games.

I love this idea...@XOOM

Btw, I have now re-upped so beware the valleys and berms for my Panny/Wacky laffly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, xanthus said:

 

Agreed.

I do have suggestions for making it better.

- End building-based capture.

- End building-based spawn.

- Replace with zone-based capture and require player number threshold (e.g. one player can kill a lot of people, but he cannot cap a zone by himself, ever).

- Automatic, temporary disabling of spawning when a certain threshold of enemy units are within a certain range of a spawn point. There will be some feedback on the map when a spawn point is "compromised" by the enemy. Spawning restored as soon as enemies removed from this range. If you failed to prevent them from occupying the area, then you don't get to spawn there anymore. Period. It's now up to the defenders on the ground to eject the enemy, and dead players must join the fight from other spawn locations.

- Because capping is now zone-based, long cap timers can actually be a *good* thing. Attackers will be able to move around and defend their cap-in-progress because they won't be confined to the inside of a single building. This will allow time for the defenders to regain the zone and/or restore spawning from the spawn points associated with that zone. Imagine a group of cappers have shut down enemy spawning, and they're now capping; they'd better rush to find good positions to withstand counter-attacks so they can hold the zone.

- Caps can now be interrupted and indefinitely *paused* if a certain threshold of defenders are within the cap zone. So if the defenders are able to get back into the cap zone (remember, no one-man-caps, so no ridiculous moling), then the cap bar/progress stops moving. Cap progress will continue (in one direction or the other), when one side or the other has been largely removed from the cap zone.

- Spawning for infantry now takes place in random locations near (but NOT within) a cap zone; e.g. a back alley here, a nearby building there. This works perfectly in other modern FPS games.

+1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been so long, I can't remember the last time I logged in. For all the reasons that, from what I've read today... are still around. 

But at this point... The main reason I don't log in, is because the game is 18yrs old. It plays like a game that is 18yrs old. 

Question: Do infantry STILL get stopped by a fallen tree log? Can't jump over it and the game didn't even have the ability to step over the damn thing. 

THAT's how old this game is. LoL . 

 

edit: And I had to delete my Profile pic becaue it uses Gravatar and I don't want my Business Page Pic showing on this forum. 

I see most everyone else has done the same.  So, blank profile pics is the norm now. Yeah, that's dumb.  

 

This was my first post in 9 months. Nothing to see... I'll check back in , in another 6-12 months. 

Edited by lipton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, xanthus said:

Agreed.

I do have suggestions for making it better.

- End building-based capture.

- End building-based spawn.

- Replace with zone-based capture and require player number threshold (e.g. one player can kill a lot of people, but he cannot cap a zone by himself, ever).

Area capture is basically not an option at this time since the capture mechanic is based on textures.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet they are programming proximity AOs. Proximity to a point on the map code might then be transferred to capture to create ZOCs.

Course, open flags will give you a pseudo ZOC for less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, biggles4 said:

Yet they are programming proximity AOs. Proximity to a point on the map code might then be transferred to capture to create ZOCs.

Course, open flags will give you a pseudo ZOC for less.

They have a town marker to key player unit count to.  Not the same as an object they can proximity far 10000x across the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.