ZEBBEEE

FB bombing is back

35 posts in this topic

Worth a try IMHO. And like Nick and others have said there is a big difference from adjusting levels of damage for an object versus coding in a new change to the game.

S! 

On 5/26/2019 at 8:29 AM, ian77 said:

I wish we could have real bugs/problems fixed rather than just making attacking and sustaining an AO that much harder.  Or the dozens of new towns we have never fought in and probably will never fight in. The god-awful spawnlists from "The Hardest Campaign Ever" that seems to have lost us so many players.

How about fixing the engine audio bug?

The satchel audio/no explosion at FB audio bug?

The UI to make setting missions easier?

The audit of Air Craft damage models?

Spawn in green button bug?

Supposedly we have a great physics engine but a 232 or opel when it collides with a tiger will send the tiger spinning off the road!!  A tracked tank bounces up and down uncontrollably!

Any chance of these being "fixed"?

If you want to help the flyboys how about the rain/grey skies and fish bowl? I don't fly but I hear lots of complaints from fliers about these - very few requests (none actually) to be able to bomb the Veh Spawn at an FB.

I know the RATS are volunteers and god love them for it, but we seem to be fixing things that dont need fixing, and ignoring long term bugs.

S! Ian 

Every single player can come up with bugs that THEY would like to see fixed. There are actual on going fixes happening for some of the specific items you've listed. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't being look at or worked on. You wouldn't believe how many issues, features and updates are ticketed and just waiting for someone's time to look at them. The issue is the complexity of some of these items is beyond just changing a few things around to fix it and the developer's time. We're volunteers and we do not do this 8 hours a day, we can only work with what we are able to do. Sorry if that's not quick enough for you.

There are players that have requested the ability to bomb FBs again and they have been asking for it for years.

1. requiring a team to spawn AA defense and/or fighter screens to defend FBs

2. crippling capture penalty and enemy advantage given whenever your side is overpopulated

there seems to be a conflict there

are you guys aware that a flak trap and half a dozen pilots is enough to hit a team with the max capture penalty? 

3 hours ago, SNIPER62 said:

Every single player can come up with bugs that THEY would like to see fixed. There are actual on going fixes happening for some of the specific items you've listed. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't being look at or worked on. You wouldn't believe how many issues, features and updates are ticketed and just waiting for someone's time to look at them. The issue is the complexity of some of these items is beyond just changing a few things around to fix it and the developer's time. We're volunteers and we do not do this 8 hours a day, we can only work with what we are able to do. Sorry if that's not quick enough for you.

There are players that have requested the ability to bomb FBs again and they have been asking for it for years.

Heh, it's the old hold up the electrician from fixing the wiring and repurpose him to work on the plumbing for which he is entirely unsuited for.

At times I think player demands on CRS resource fiddling involves some image that all you guys do is play a dev resource game with sliders and not what actually has to be done.

I would have agreed if the FF were ON.
I will never accept selective bombs
that only kill enemies.

*** are you guys aware that a flak trap and half a dozen pilots is enough to hit a team with the max capture penalty? 

Funny you write this, I sit out of game now often, not even spawning in unless I think I'm really needed, just so SD and capture timers don't get worse.

I find it saddening I can't sit in game on recon at a FB maybe - for fear of hurting my side. (or as you wrote, wait at AO FB in AA gun for ea)

Or, maybe that is the goal, keep players out of the over pop side.

Edited by delems

33 minutes ago, delems said:

*** are you guys aware that a flak trap and half a dozen pilots is enough to hit a team with the max capture penalty? 

Funny you write this, I sit out of game now often, not even spawning in unless I think I'm really needed, just so SD and capture timers don't get worse.

I find it saddening I can't sit in game on recon at a FB maybe - for fear of hurting my side. (or as you wrote, wait at AO FB in AA gun for ea)

You are a one of a kind .... i don't know many people who would forgo having fun and playing a game, just so their team can benefit from your absence in said game.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, delems said:

<Shrug> I can tell you that in the Age of SD I knew that often Allied Underpop was not adjusted for a 'fair' fight on the ground cause there were 6 Allied pilots running around doing what they wanted to which was start dogfights, not help on CAS or even just CAP on an AO/DO.  Nothing you can do or say about it either, it's their paid for privilege to jump in the planes and go.

In your case, you hurt the Axis team more by not commanding as you have for many advances, especially this campaign.  If you want to take the night off or cap timers driving you mad, please do so as burnout or damaged RL isn't worth it, but you aren't helping the team by staying away if that's the only reason.

This topic has gone too much towards a "I also want my fix, I am jealous of bombers and AA lovers". Coders are discovering new parts of the code every week. They are working incredibly hard every day but each time they add a fix many issues arises and needs back-and-forth work with QA. So this all takes more time than expected and only easy fixes are delivered sooner. The work of the production is slowed down as well because of creator.

The feature will not withdraw existing combat troops but make more log in. Because Until know they simply didn't have any good reason to play more often. At least we might have a more permanent defense up at AO FBs, as more flyboys that can also divert towards ground targets if needed, creating an improved combined arms experience.

The only question I'll keep open is "how easily will new AOs be stopped by this feature".

On 5/29/2019 at 0:53 AM, ZEBBEEE said:

This topic has gone too much towards a "I also want my fix, I am jealous of bombers and AA lovers". Coders are discovering new parts of the code every week. They are working incredibly hard every day but each time they add a fix many issues arises and needs back-and-forth work with QA. So this all takes more time than expected and only easy fixes are delivered sooner. The work of the production is slowed down as well because of creator.

The feature will not withdraw existing combat troops but make more log in. Because Until know they simply didn't have any good reason to play more often. At least we might have a more permanent defense up at AO FBs, as more flyboys that can also divert towards ground targets if needed, creating an improved combined arms experience.

The only question I'll keep open is "how easily will new AOs be stopped by this feature".

Well, depends on whether a side looking to kill the FB has aerial superiority, typically one side has it and the other doesn't.

Lack of density means that even if an AO side had 2:1 fighters to bombers, the bombers are likely to get through and deliver hits.

A dedicated bomber could work an entire line and prebomb everything in sight.  Will take time, but in an hour a whole region's FBs could be damaged.  With 2-3, the whole side's FBs could be damaged.

A lot of FBs linger on in 3/4 damage states while the AO people put on some defense, that's where a quick bombing might flip FBs more.

So, I dunno, just back of the envelope guess, something like 1/3 more FBs will go down faster or go down when they wouldn't have before.   A lot depends on what bombload will knock down the tent.

On the other hand, prebombed FBs will be easier to flip prepatory to attacks.  Transfers something like 5 player-minutes from the FB crew to the bomber, but could relieve that ground FB crew more free to knock down more FBs.