delems

HC rank in .hc

8 posts in this topic

Every time I change branch, my rank changes in the .hc list; maybe just use the one rank the player has for their HC assignment?

So, LW officer will always have LW rank displayed, regardless of flag he is in - the flag he is in will show, of course, after his rank.

Same for a KM officer, KM rank will always show in .hc, regardless of which flag in.

This would seem to be much more consistent and display the HC structure better.

Then, system could also sort the .hc list by the branch or rank if desired.

2 people like this

Rank is separate for each persona branch.  When one joins the HC, ranks are adjusted upwards to the minimum level required to be HC.  

While this would be a nice to have, there are a number of issues that are a higher priority for development. 

1 person likes this

Axis is "One" Country, Allied has "Three" - French, British, and American. All have different weapons and rank in obtained by the successes by each country. In regards to HC rank, a person is placed in a position in the ORbat, British or French, Army/Navy/Air Force. The rank given to them while in the AHC is a temporary rank based upon their assignment and responsibilities to the player-base. So a General in the Army does not really mean that they are an Admiral in the Navy. Once a person leaves the AHC they resume rank as Lt. Col and will need to build up points to make full colonel, the highest rank in the Allies without going into the AHC.

*** Axis is "One" Country, Allied has "Three" - French, British, and American.

Yep, I'm just saying, if you were a General in British army, i.e. that is where you are assigned, then your General rank would show regardless of which flag/nation/branch you spawned into.

So, might say General, in USA 1st inf div, or General in french navy FPA etc.

Not General in one branch, Lt Col in another and Major in yet another....

1 hour ago, bondpaul said:

Once a person leaves the AHC they resume rank as Lt. Col and will need to build up points to make full colonel, the highest rank in the Allies without going into the AHC.

Actually, when you are retired you are placed at the rank of Major.  

The highest rank obtainable without going into HC is Lt. Colonel, the eponymous "donut" rank.  

Full colonel is reserved for HC Brigade XOs and Staff Officers.  

5 hours ago, delems said:

*** Axis is "One" Country, Allied has "Three" - French, British, and American.

Yep, I'm just saying, if you were a General in British army, i.e. that is where you are assigned, then your General rank would show regardless of which flag/nation/branch you spawned into.

So, might say General, in USA 1st inf div, or General in french navy FPA etc.

Not General in one branch, Lt Col in another and Major in yet another....

You'll be COL in the non-HC slotted branches.  Otherwise the HC rank is tied to the country/branch/position you occupy.  So if you're HC and slotted in an Army billet, your navy and Air ranks will be the minimum to be in HC, your army rank will adjust as you get promoted.

Sorry you don't like it, but that's just the way it is. 

In theory each persona is separate of the others (even though it's the same player).  One day maybe it will change, or maybe not, but for the near->mid term the current system is what it is, and won't be drastically changing.

*** Sorry you don't like it

Huh?  Has nothing to do with what I like or dislike, it is an idea.

If I dislike something, you'll know it :)

*** You'll be COL in the non-HC slotted branches.

So I should be Col in Heer and LW?  I am not currently. (I'm assigned KM)

Edited by delems

Hmm, maybe now since there really isn't any orbat anymore ( no flags ).

HC should just have 1 rank in all branches?  You have 1 HC rank for 1 person, regardless of branch?  Might be more consistent?

So, if you are a 1 start, you are a 1 star in every branch?