• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
imded

The toughest news

108 posts in this topic

.Salute     Rip to a good  person

pancreatic got one of my aunts this year diagnosed ded next week.  porblem with that cancer most are not diagnosed till stage  3 or past :(

Since the very first day I signed up to this game, many years ago, I never thought I would have this kind of bond with people I have never met! I have returned after years of not playing and still it saddens me to hear the loss of players that you have played along side and spoke and joked with on voice coms. This is why I keep coming back, as it’s like no other game, it is a family and often you spend more time sharing times (good and bad) then what you do with your own siblings!  As much as what it’s worth, my thoughts go out the family and the only thing we can do is remember the person and continue to play and support the game they loved. I can only hope that when my time comes, that my friends that I have made within the game, will spare a few minutes to remember me and S! The times I have logged in and helped push which ever direction the map went.

6 people like this

6 hours ago, Jsilec said:

Was thinking the same thing RIP 

Sorry, I'll disagree. If he was going I'd rather the suffering be short. That may sound callous but I knew a man who was going out but he tried everything and tried his best not to ever go to sleep because he thought he would never wake up again. It didn't matter, he died in the end anyway. Imded, tidy the place up as we'll all be headed that way sooner or later. I'm sorry you got there too soon. We all get there too soon regardless of our journeys. 

Thanks for the obituary link. I appreciated that. 

3 hours ago, robyd said:

Since the very first day I signed up to this game, many years ago, I never thought I would have this kind of bond with people I have never met! I have returned after years of not playing and still it saddens me to hear the loss of players that you have played along side and spoke and joked with on voice coms. This is why I keep coming back, as it’s like no other game, it is a family and often you spend more time sharing times (good and bad) then what you do with your own siblings!  As much as what it’s worth, my thoughts go out the family and the only thing we can do is remember the person and continue to play and support the game they loved. I can only hope that when my time comes, that my friends that I have made within the game, will spare a few minutes to remember me and S! The times I have logged in and helped push which ever direction the map went.

Well said roby I remember when goof passed suddenly from a car crash 4 or 5 years ago i was pretty crushed for a bit...i never met him personally but we used to chat on teamspeak alot and played a few outside games together and some ww2ol poker tourneys but it felt like a close friend had died

Well this sucks, as mentioned in previous posts never met the guy but spent many a uk morning session on chn with him and SPD, my late night American friends. Held off a few towns vs Kgarner, shager and his band of merry men. Great sense of humour, another guy that’ll be missed. RL sucks sometimes shame we can’t all just respawn.

S!

3 people like this

In game we might chose opposite sides, fight each other night after night. 

Might feel a little resentment vs certain players that keep getting the better of you 

But in the end we are a big family that really have a little chance of meeting each other in real life ever but this game bonds us no matter if we fight on the same side or vs each other.

But nonetheless we all feel the loss of another Squadmate, the guy that fights vs you from capping that CP , is along on the Truck ride and we have that little fun chat.  

Damn Cancer sucks A $$.

Rest in Peace till we all are together again and play this game in the other world.

S!

3 people like this

Less than 30 days from diagnosis..........man that is sad

rest in peace brother.

S!

8 hours ago, dre21 said:

In game we might chose opposite sides, fight each other night after night. 

Might feel a little resentment vs certain players that keep getting the better of you 

But in the end we are a big family that really have a little chance of meeting each other in real life ever but this game bonds us no matter if we fight on the same side or vs each other.

But nonetheless we all feel the loss of another Squadmate, the guy that fights vs you from capping that CP , is along on the Truck ride and we have that little fun chat.  

Damn Cancer sucks A $$.

Rest in Peace till we all are together again and play this game in the other world.

S!

Agree, Dre. 

S!

Dev's, 

Any chance a permanent memorial can be made for these guys kind of like Normandy?

54 minutes ago, SCHURY said:

Dev's, 

Any chance a permanent memorial can be made for these guys kind of like Normandy?

There is one in every town.. The town markers have a list of those who have passed.

Met him few times in game. I'm sad.

Mes plus sincères condoléances à sa famille, ses amis et ses amis virtuels.

S!