• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
pfmosquito

In Memoriam (In Real Life) Video Tribute

22 posts in this topic

I made a video for ya'll in tribute to our friends who no longer play and fight alongside us.

Direct Link

Edited by pfmosquito
fixed embed
9 people like this

I don't know quite what to say other than watching this and in the end seeing how many "players are no longer with us". I have wondered where many of the names have gone whether they quit and left the game of their choices or worse of all past on.  I know of a couple names not on the memorial that have left our game and are deceased also but with my memory being what it is maybe its best. .

Watching this video on a day that I am already down emotionally remembering "brothers and sisters"   that didn't come back home with myself  so that I could live is hard to swallow also. We have all lost someone that gave their lives so that we can live on is also a sobering reminder just how cruel life is and can be at times. To think that so many players that were in our lives as we played our game over the years are no longer with us to me  is so sad and I leaves myself wondering just how much they suffered along with their family and friends.  

This is a wonderful video and like I said a reminder just how fortunate we all are to still be able to play our game and live our lives the best that we can.

Peace be with all of you, 

I Salute each and Everyone of you also, Cheers, from myself Jack and my Service K-9 and Partner K-9 COOPER, AKA Playtime 

P.S.

Thank You for the very nice video, pfmosquito "Salute Sir"

Edited by playtime
mistakes
2 people like this

Thanks for putting this together. S! to our fallen soldiers

S!   I am sorry for the late reply.  It took me a couple days to be willing to watch this, knowing that it would cause an emotional reaction in me.  I still remember Will's in-game memorial service...  Well done, Pfmosquito.

1 person likes this

S! 

Thank you for putting that together pfm. 

Just one lil' bump to make sure folks saw it.

Thanks for the salutes, folks.

<S>

I remember attending some services back in the day. Each time we lose someone, our world gets a little smaller. Appreciate what you've done.

zimm out

1 person likes this

Phist25

RIP, he was VFA-25 XO back in 2001-2006 era, and maybe even off and on. 

Maybe I should be regularly updating the last frame where the fallen are listed.  I think I saw we had some new ones.