• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
xanthus

Why was my thread deleted?

7 posts in this topic

I don't see any option other than posting a new thread since I have no idea who to contact.

Yesterday, I posted a thread passing along the fact that the devs of Post Scriptum singled out WWIIOL for praise, calling it one of their "favorites" that inspired them. I thought this was very cool, and that the community here would find it worth knowing; after nearly 20 years as part of this community, I know I would definitely want to know about something like that.

Today, I see that the thread has been deleted. I can't even begin to imagine why. I didn't receive any message, not even a few words explaining why. If posting that that thread was against forum rules, I'd like to see the rule that was violated.

Edited by xanthus

That's pretty cool imo.  

1 person likes this

yeah in one of their first livestreams they got to talking about inspirations and WW2online was mentioned, I think they also lamented their inability to add in realistic gearing for the tanks like this game before the release or something

a lot of similar games probably had their devs try this out

I know some players in War Thunder that are constantly saying stuff like "This game could be so much greater if they just made a single big campaign like ww2online", World of Warships has  a few former ww2online naval autists there, and basically any person ever interested in a MMOFPS has tried this game, so a lot of crossover with Planetside/Planetside 2

If WT could make a single campaign map that is 24/7 they would have gold - I’m surprised they have not yet. 

4 hours ago, xanthus said:

I don't see any option other than posting a new thread since I have no idea who to contact.

Yesterday, I posted a thread passing along the fact that the devs of Post Scriptum singled out WWIIOL for praise, calling it one of their "favorites" that inspired them. I thought this was very cool, and that the community here would find it worth knowing; after nearly 20 years as part of this community, I know I would definitely want to know about something like that.

Today, I see that the thread has been deleted. I can't even begin to imagine why. I didn't receive any message, not even a few words explaining why. If posting that that thread was against forum rules, I'd like to see the rule that was violated.

Near as I can tell, in forumthink thou shalt hold no other games as existing just in case you might try them,  I've had to fight for Star Citizen threads in OT.  Don't be surprised if you get more of the same.

1 person likes this

I don’t know who or why, but @HEAVY265 is your contact for those questions since he is the forum admin.

Linking to other games is against the TOS (however much they mention us (and yeah it is pretty cool getting a shout out))... as with all hidden posts - someone else will check it out, deem it yay or nay to come back.. and *poof* it's like it never left.