• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nedlam

Bring back the night!

7 posts in this topic

I apologize if this was brought up already (can't find the 'search' bar for the forums).  You kids nowadays with your perpetual twilight... when I played back in 2001 nights were... dark (and forests were one big green impassable blob... but I digress).  Couldn't see a damn thing.  Nothing more unnerving than hearing armor setting up on the outskirt of a town you can't do anything about unless you want to stumble around in the dark right on top of a group of enemy infanty setting up for an assault and knowing when the dawn comes it's going to be one big <bleep> show.

Good times, good times. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, nedlam said:

I apologize if this was brought up already (can't find the 'search' bar for the forums).  You kids nowadays with your perpetual twilight... when I played back in 2001 nights were... dark (and forests were one big green impassable blob... but I digress).  Couldn't see a damn thing.  Nothing more unnerving than hearing armor setting up on the outskirt of a town you can't do anything about unless you want to stumble around in the dark right on top of a group of enemy infanty setting up for an assault and knowing when the dawn comes it's going to be one big <bleep> show.

Good times, good times. 

+10/ Night was fun. Hard forests were weird. Just think of it as videogame climate change. You might enjoy the new rain though. WB S! 

I miss the hard forests. It made setting ambushes through well travelled (funneled) routes more fun. Currently, there's no forest a Tiger can't pass through. 

Would be kinda cool to have darker nights sprinkled in on occassion ... to simulate difference between moon light and cloud covered nights.

2 people like this

I wouldn't mind hard forests and black nights, as long as CRS supplies us flashlights. I want flashlights!

Night-like-daytime was explained by Old CRS as required to allow all types of players to do all kinds of gameplay without waiting for the game-time to come around to daytime again--including those actions that historically couldn't occur at night.

Unless that marketing need has changed, dark night would seem to remain a non-option.

That of course means that the kinds of actions that historically occurred only at night...such as naval surface engagements in the Channel and North Sea, and most paratroop drops, and some kinds of bombing...can't be realistic.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0