dfire

Clever Tactic

18 posts in this topic

Changing the French factory towns to British to avoid the RDP tax from captured factories

That is complete BS.

Town should have no supply for 15 hours.

How can Amiens be full of brit troops when just changed ownership?

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, delems said:

That is complete BS.

Town should have no supply for 15 hours.

How can Amiens be full of brit troops when just changed ownership?

Could happen if the town was lost then recapped.

I suspect the towns are hardlinked to X country supply and specific country ownership state doesn't really matter, at least it never did before.  Would be interesting to see if some edge case wasn't looked at and it does matter now.

Nope, was changed while axis was attacking it.

And now suddenly it has full brit supply?

All that attrition to french troops - and RDP; no matter - town switch and now full of brit troops.

No more RDP penalty and full spawn list.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

@XOOM Was this intended to be able to change factory town faction or perhaps something that was just overlooked or not thought about?

18 minutes ago, delems said:

Nope, was changed while axis was attacking it.

And now suddenly it has full brit supply?

All that attrition to french troops - and RDP; no matter - town switch and now full of brit troops.

No more RDP penalty and full spawn list.

That would be fair play if they ate the 15h penalty.  If they didn't, I don't think that was CRS' intent.

If I were Allied HC and someone was being uber clever finding a loophole in the ticket system, I would be so pissed at them doing that on purpose with that intended result of full supply without the 15h penalty.

The ability to flip countries was negotiated so the Allies wouldn't have crazy patchworks of non-overstocking.

Doing clever risks that understanding/accommodation and hurting the Allies from now on, for the price of holding out another day or two at the factory town.

Let's find out the facts before hanging anyone by the mob.

Edited by Kilemall
2 people like this

Not sure if the factories are actually tied to the nationality of the town for RDP purposes.  Will forward it though

*** Let's find out the facts before hanging anyone by the mob.

We know the facts.  There is nothing to find out except how and why this happened; as it wasn't supposed to work like this.

Town was french, axis attacking, changed in middle of attack to british - and now suddenly full supply of brit troops.

Edited by delems

cut some slack. the game mechanics are the game mechanics, to be played and gamed till changed. let us remember the '6 yeaaaarrrs' of split Brit/French town capping/ab owning allied handicap back when.

Related image

7 hours ago, delems said:

*** Let's find out the facts before hanging anyone by the mob.

We know the facts.  There is nothing to find out except how and why this happened; as it wasn't supposed to work like this.

Town was french, axis attacking, changed in middle of attack to british - and now suddenly full supply of brit troops.

we're still going to find out the facts (ie comparing everything on the backed DB's and game logs) before we go with mob rule. 

If it turns out that supply arrived faster than is supposed to have happened (and has been tested to verify it does work), we will then have to look further under the covers to see what occurred.  

8 hours ago, dfire said:

Changing the French factory towns to British to avoid the RDP tax from captured factories

What were the exact conditions when this occured?  (Ie was town AO'd, were cp's captured, etc).  The more detail the better. 

1 hour ago, B2K said:

What were the exact conditions when this occured?  (Ie was town AO'd, were cp's captured, etc).  The more detail the better. 

@delems Was paying a little more attnetion since he was HC at the time.

But from what I saw, we had ao on town, we owned two or three of the south depots, i dont remember if we had an armybase at that time or not. It started out fighting French, then I went and spawned a tank at one of our fbs and saw a british army ei. I was confused, so I looked and amiens had been switched to british. I then noticed they switched Abbeville to british as well.

As of now, they changed most of their frontline towns to either British or American if you look. There are only 3 or 4 French owned towns on the map. I don't remember if they had to keep a certain amount of towns a certain side. Frankly, I don't really care what faction they use, as long as the resupply penalty still works properly. Also, just my opinion, they shouldnt get to switch FRENCH FACTORY towns to British. Or british factory towns to French. That's pretty "gamey" and doesn't seem very realistic lol

@B2K @XOOM

Edited by dfire

Doesn't makes sense , we cannot change Nationality when there is an AO on the town. Or at least we couldn't .

7 hours ago, dfire said:

@delems Was paying a little more attnetion since he was HC at the time.

But from what I saw, we had ao on town, we owned two or three of the south depots, i dont remember if we had an armybase at that time or not. It started out fighting French, then I went and spawned a tank at one of our fbs and saw a british army ei. I was confused, so I looked and amiens had been switched to british. I then noticed they switched Abbeville to british as well.

As of now, they changed most of their frontline towns to either British or American if you look. There are only 3 or 4 French owned towns on the map. I don't remember if they had to keep a certain amount of towns a certain side. Frankly, I don't really care what faction they use, as long as the resupply penalty still works properly. Also, just my opinion, they shouldnt get to switch FRENCH FACTORY towns to British. Or british factory towns to French. That's pretty "gamey" and doesn't seem very realistic lol

@B2K @XOOM

Thanks for the updated context, we are looking into why what shouldn't happen (changing ownership when a town is AO'd) did.  This situation was tested prior to the ownership release and did not occur.

having a 3 split army is hard to manadge more many reason, getting the gaem mix  ballanced will take some time and gamey twirck worked out so boty sides are  ballanced.  Lets give the rats tims to sort it out and keep giving them info.

Its probably just a bug that someone exploited.  But it should be fixed asap.  

Its not cool to allow one side to magically fill up supply in a drained town with just a simple hc chat command. :)

That is very gamey to allow a french factory town to be owned by british.

No way that should ever happen.

And no town in England should ever be anything but british or USA I would think.

Edited by delems

5 minutes ago, delems said:

That is very gamey to allow a french factory town to be owned by british.

No way that should ever happen.

And no town in England should ever be anything but british or USA I would think.

We're looking into the issue, we may change some things with regards to factory town ownership, we may not.  The factories themselves only count towards which ever country they start with regardless of (same side) town ownership.