• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
SCKING

1.36.1.0 README - Release Monday 6/3

12 posts in this topic

Expect some downtime tomorrow around 9pm server time to do a patch for 1.36.1.0.

This is mostly a bug patch. 

============================================
World War II Online
Version 1.36.1.0 - June 2019

This release is labeled as a Maintenance Release and is geared to fixing some of the long-standing bugs.

Bug Fixes

• The sound for a large bomb's explosion has been replaced
  • The issue preventing a player from being able to walk behind the French TT crane has been resolved
  • The RPM Gauge, used in some British and French aircraft, has been reverted to its original form
  • The Italian Rifle unit now has the same PPO options as the other Infantry units
  • The FlaK38 has been added to FMS and Depot spawning options
  • The Gouda and Aalst city name has been fixed
  • A floating berm in Charlois and Warmeriville has been corrected
  • The river bank near Vise is now updated to be corrected
  • The Barracks location has been adjusted in Warmeriville, Rotterdam, Den Haag, Zaltbommel, Gouda, Faulquemont, Luxembourg, Wyler, Nijmegen, Heijen, Longwy, Thiaucourt, St.Quentin, Mons and Hillesheim
  • A clipping issue is now resolved in the AB Vehicle spawn, Abbeville Railway and a City Building
  • Fixed an issue that caused a Japanese flag at a Hellevoetsluis FB
  • Found and fixed the issue that was causing some Depots to have incorrect ownership on the map
  • Removed an ATG from a Gent AI MG pit
  • Corrected an invisible tree in Maubeuge
  • Fixed an issue that allowed non-aircraft to be able to be spawned at the Ypenburg Airfield
  • Fixed an issue that allowed aircraft to spawn at the Rotterdam Aircraft Subassembly Store
  • The Pentagon bunker's map icon has been added
  • Infantry Grenades and Smoke Grenades are now using the proper image and textual indicators
  • The PzIII-N now has a proper weapon barrel
  • Removed a grey panel that appeared in the German 38t's commander view
  • The British P40 Kittyhawk's windshield has been updated to correct an issue with its appearance
  • Player Decals have been fixed on the British Sherman M4A3 and M4A2 tanks
  • Offline Infantry clones can now be positioned properly
  • The position of the pilot and gun sight for the H87b3, P40F and KittyHawk has been fixed
  • Contact reports can now be removed by the player that placed them
  • A bush has been removed from an Eind building
  • Third person tracers are now fixed for the Ju87B/G and the Vickers IB
  • The Crusader III tank's weapon breach texture has now been corrected
  • When deploying a PPO from a truck, players will now see "Backspace to Cycle | Z to Place" similar to what they see with infantry placed PPOs
  • Whenever a player joins a Paratrooper mission, the Paratrooper Infantry selection menu will be the first to open instead of the plane selection menu
  • The RTB text when despawning during the Tutorials has been updated
  • Flags within the City Detail map menu has now been fixed
  • Autopilot has been updated to better deal with the ability to "float" a plane
  • The default aircraft convergence has been updated from 0 meters to 200 meters
  • Changes have been made to better help with handling engine sound bugs

Updates

• The Steam Upsell message has been updated with recent pricing changes
  • Standard SMGs (Submachine Guns) have been added to the HCMS (High Command Mobile Spawn)
  • The "Netcode 3" text alert has been disabled from always showing up during spawning
  • The French R35 tank now has an updated exterior texture
  • Numerous planes, ships and all ground vehicles have been updated to have closer to realistic crew body mass values
  • The German Sd.Kfz. 251's white internals have been toned down in order to not be so bright
  • Xxsalxx and Hvyoutput have been added to the Fallen Soldier Memorial
  • New translations for the Italian and Chinese languages have been added
  • The manual pages have been updated to remove references to the British HEAT rifle grenade
  • The French LMG's texture has been updated to look better than it was
  • The British Havoc Mk I has been updated to be the British Boston I
  • Bombers are now able to destroy both the FB Vehicle spawn and the "Other" objects
  • Ammunition variance has been updated to be a maximum of 1% difference from their currently set values

New Features

• The Fliegerhorst Airbase has replaced the old airfield at Brussels
  • The in-game AAR screen will now list the player's name that you have killed during your sortie

S! Cornered Rat Software

4 people like this

Great stuff!

But.... what about this:
Standard SMGs (Submachine Guns) have been added to the HCMS (High Command Mobile Spawn)

I'm surprised by that.

The high command MS is a huge feature now it has smgs - expect the overpop side to seriously flood ao's now, from all directions.

59 minutes ago, Blkhwk8 said:

Atg flip bug?

the one where you hook up to the back of my truck and as I pull away across flat non-threatening terrain, the atg magically goes sideways then eventually underground.  I've killed enough of our squadmates with this tactic that I'm no longer allowed to tow. 

1 person likes this

On 6/2/2019 at 11:01 PM, delems said:

Great stuff!

But.... what about this:
Standard SMGs (Submachine Guns) have been added to the HCMS (High Command Mobile Spawn)

I'm surprised by that.

OMG!  I DIDN'T EVEN READ THAT!

YESSSSSSSS!

On 6/2/2019 at 11:17 PM, dropbear said:

The high command MS is a huge feature now it has smgs - expect the overpop side to seriously flood ao's now, from all directions.

Awful gameplay. Thought we went through that nonsense before ?   LOL

12 hours ago, Blkhwk8 said:

Atg flip bug?

It didn't make this Maintenance Release but it continues to come up and is a major issue. I believe hatch and xoom have team members looking into it right now.