drkmouse

CALL to ALL WW2 online players

115 posts in this topic

As most of you kno wi am a die hard axis player. BUT

ATM Allies have reached a tipping point.   

To  keep the game healthy both sides need to be relativle equal. ( equip. wise i thinkit is  close  there) number wise not even close.

Even hard core allied players are being diheartend by instay camps off all cps etc and not enough player to  def one town let alone attack.

So as of  2 days ago i WILL be playing alied evertime i log in and the sd is against them.  need Treu lovers fo this game ot chip in and help to rebuild one half of the game for all to enjoy.

SIDE note one thing needing addressing: allies have to  change "flags"(nationalies) to sswithc to a dif town with a deif  flag that minot bit of time can be dif in savign a  cp ab  or even setting( stopping) a fru.

anyway to have that auto so when you leave div and  click a dif  "flag" it knows you are still allied?

SO please if u LOVE this game as i do, please POST her that you wi lbe allied THIS map or next.

:S

8 people like this

There is a small group of very vocal players, that will still argue that there is a gigantic anti axis conspiracy going on. These players should be muted, sorry. It has become more than pathetic, where every small instance of not winning or not winning fast enough, is now reason to spam the forums and to hyperventilate.

6 minutes ago, dpetraeus said:

There is a small group of very vocal players, that will still argue that there is a gigantic anti axis conspiracy going on. These players should be muted, sorry. It has become more than pathetic, where every small instance of not winning or not winning fast enough, is now reason to spam the forums and to hyperventilate.

Hehe, yeah this one comes to mind .....

On 6/4/2019 at 6:21 AM, choad said:

We had a relatively stable map where towns were taken, then CRS caved and changed cap timers, and Allies started losing 30 towns a day again. 

Mind boggling. 

Edited by Mosizlak
2 people like this

36 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

We had a relatively stable map where towns were taken, then CRS caved and changed cap timers, and Allied started losing 30 towns a day again. 

Mind boggling. 

CRS changed timers 4 days ago, I don't think thats the reason why Allies lose

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

We had a relatively stable map where towns were taken, then CRS caved and changed cap timers, and Allied started losing 30 towns a day again. 

Mind boggling. 

Isn’t it more related to the introduction of the Tiger?

are you suggesting that timers should be put back at its formal levels to stale the campaign, or that ninja caps should be easier for all?

1 person likes this

Atm allies are more or less non stop UP because many gave up for this campain. It was always like this if one side starts loosing mayor citys/AF, flags got cutoff or frontline gets close to factorie towns.
I just startet playing again after some years of a break but im sure that never changed.

But ya... i was thinking about playing my very first allied campain after this one... but not sure, would miss my STUG :/

i actually played the allied side for the first time this campaign to try and help out a bit. I played on an alt account though, didnt want a stain on my record =)

I would have to leave my Squad to play Allied ( I don't mind playing Allied not at all )

But what makes me always shake my head on the Allied side and you guys might not want to hear it is the shear lack of in chat via the chat bar.  It's mind-boggling .

Active AO and I got 5 consecutive screen shots ( and I'm talking the extended 20 line version chat box ) where the is virtually no in game talk about positions of enemy or any of that sorts is while a active AO is on.

My humble opinion is that Allies just don't use comms like they should , or should I dare say like the Axis do, and with that a lot gets lost  especially the feel for the game, survivability and everything that goes with it.

I'm not saying there is never any comms , but 1 out of 10 times just ain't cutting it.

It ain't helping your side if only the Squad talks with in itself, but they need to included the whole player base and that's what's always stands out to me when I come over.

Last time I was over I made a friend in Warpony and that was cause we kept capping CPs and kept comms active.

Edited by dre21

3 hours ago, choad said:

Ah yes... because when it comes to vocal members of the community that are bad for it, I'm certainly the first that comes to mind.  :huh:

39 minutes ago, dwalin said:

Ah yes... because when it comes to vocal members of the community that are bad for it, I'm certainly the first that comes to mind.  :huh:

I was referring to your knee jerk whinge that the map wasn't moving fast enough. That's all.

4 people like this

The most damaging thing to this game is the adherence to a misguided crusade by each respective side which follows the belief that a chosen side is right and the other is wrong, to include the actual player behind the screen. Playing one side or the other is not an act of righteousness or evil. It's a game. I played some axis this campaign during US primetime and I had fun. I played a lot more Allied and I also had fun most of the time - and when I didn't it wasn't the Axis to blame. 

We all have to remember that at the core of things we're all essentially the same. We all love this game (even those of us who have become disillusioned and full of spite) and want it to stick around. We have to remember (I fail at this a lot) that the truly hateful people who surface on here are like algae on water - it's the nasty crap you can see but there is so much beneath it that is good and the surface scum doesn't mean it's all bad.

5 people like this

the allied "meta" isn't viable and until that changes no amount of charity from the axis is going to change things

since town supply came in you can't have a good 2 hours, camp a few towns, deplete the other side's brigades and then spend the next few days softcapping

and even if that strategy was still able to work, axis got in the habit of doing so long ago (axis just turtles for 4 hours of the day and eventually wins)

the only way to win now is to maintain a high level of enthusiasm over an extended period of time

they need a core of infantry veterans, they need constant attacks, they need players talking and engaging with each other...but instead they are getting new tank models and bombable FBs lol

people need to consider that what makes it easy for 3-4 allies to completely shut out 12+ axis during "lowpop" (like even keep them from having a single FMS to town) also makes it ridiculously easy for axis to stop any US prime time armor rush

GET THEE NEGATIVE CHAT OFF  MY POST  

thisis not a  he sais she said post but one of helping to save a great game.     Both sides have had low points/ both sides have had wining/ both sides have had rats are out to get us/ it happnes when one side steam rolls a few maps/ bu t axis  is at map#7  that is NOT good for game.. PERIOD  

The rats will try what they can to ballance the sides/ BUT WE NEED  realtitlvy ballens #"s both sides for them to acualty se if "fixes" are real of bandades for op/up.   

the real main  goal needs ot be  fun on both sides win or lose.  

Gettign rid of  rush camps is main one. ( more cps  out side of main town is a goodone as it slows a  wipe out in mins when up) bu thtis is  neither her nor thee. for the game to survie we need to look at it as a TOTALITY and keep the  us vs them only in game.

we are a comunity, and i for one wil do wha ti need to to try and keep it alive.

5 people like this

I’m considering crossing lines for next camp. Same with Dre, I would have to leave my squad (temporarily, I hope!) and that’s a huge bummer because I love the squad interaction and just hanging with those guys. But I still remember — and to some degree, I’m still used to — other games where you play whatever side is underpop, so the idea of putting on the other uniform isn’t a huge deal to me. 

1 person likes this

There's something related to this thread (and on-topic) about comms, however. They are a luxury that requires you have a moment to type in the chat.

If your entire defense has fewer players than CPs, and when you first show up ei are already everywhere, chatting is kinda hard to do, it's endless fires to try to be put out (and the town still gets rolled). Get killed spawn in, check map, mark where you think you saw something, etc., after the nth respawn, you can't even leave the spawn. Didn't get to set up a defensive MS, because there are already ei everywhere. What's the use of typing that there are ei in your CP when there is no one not similarly occupied to help you clear it?

2 people like this

Any vets crossing sides are more then welcome to join AEF as long as they are interested in comms (discord) and like playing and having fun with other game vets who been here for an eternity....we usually are offense minded squad as long as defense isnt a disaster...not promoting the squad would just like to see some vets catch on with the fun part of the side while allies get their act together instead of seeing the side switchers get frustrated rolling alone and go back to the side they know...for me joining the 23rd when i swapped allied years ago was a huge reason why i ended up staying 

4 people like this

1 hour ago, tater said:

There's something related to this thread (and on-topic) about comms, however. They are a luxury that requires you have a moment to type in the chat.

If your entire defense has fewer players than CPs, and when you first show up ei are already everywhere, chatting is kinda hard to do, it's endless fires to try to be put out (and the town still gets rolled). Get killed spawn in, check map, mark where you think you saw something, etc., after the nth respawn, you can't even leave the spawn. Didn't get to set up a defensive MS, because there are already ei everywhere. What's the use of typing that there are ei in your CP when there is no one not similarly occupied to help you clear it?

Tater it makes sense what you are saying , but my example happened at a town where Allies were numerous,  I rolled out a M10 to get over the bridge onto the other side of town to set up . You think with all the people we had in town one made an attempt to mark the Tiger just south of town within spitting distance of a Town building , NOPE.

By shear luck his 1st shot hit the bridge , mine made contact with the turret and killed his gunner. 

So I moved into my picked position, killed a few more Panzer and kept reporting , unfortunately I killed a Squad mate and he made it his goal to run from the FB just to take me out , he had a hard time finding me while he had to dodge EI . In the end he got me .

But over all these years of playing this game many things have changed , the only thing that did not change is the lack of comms on the Allied side  ( my opinion and experience from what I have seen while on Allied side) 

What tater said is pretty much the last 3 weeks for me. 

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, Jsilec said:

Any vets crossing sides are more then welcome to join AEF as long as they are interested in comms (discord) and like playing and having fun with other game vets who been here for an eternity....we usually are offense minded squad as long as defense isnt a disaster...not promoting the squad would just like to see some vets catch on with the fun part of the side while allies get their act together instead of seeing the side switchers get frustrated rolling alone and go back to the side they know...for me joining the 23rd when i swapped allied years ago was a huge reason why i ended up staying 

You and I used to run together in SG , and the 1st time I ran into SG was as a lone wolf , and what I noticed was that even SG didn't pay much attention to the chat bar cause i tried to get into contact via chat. But for them it really didn't matter cause as I found out later ( when I joined SG ) that Comms was real tight and disciplined and the Squad was huge to offset pretty much anything . 

Myself I don't do much discord rather none to be all honest and that's only due to the equipment I like to play,

On the Allied side it would be the M10 or the Achilles which I did not have a chance to play yet since CRS got it into the game.

25 minutes ago, dre21 said:

You and I used to run together in SG , and the 1st time I ran into SG was as a lone wolf , and what I noticed was that even SG didn't pay much attention to the chat bar cause i tried to get into contact via chat. But for them it really didn't matter cause as I found out later ( when I joined SG ) that Comms was real tight and disciplined and the Squad was huge to offset pretty much anything . 

Myself I don't do much discord rather none to be all honest and that's only due to the equipment I like to play,

On the Allied side it would be the M10 or the Achilles which I did not have a chance to play yet since CRS got it into the game.

Oj thetic number6 redleg69 ody easting and 4 or 5 more SG guys joined 23rd for awhile and years later oj came to AEF but he been mia i been trying to get his email contact info...we mainly use discord to break balls and make fun if bus0 but in a fight its well worth hearing contacts calls in between canuks angry beaver act and rans bombing and crashing us into low trees on para drops

I got perma banned from SG forums for posting awesome man bewbies....actually i think the ban ends 2025 so i need to make a reminder lol...S!

Anyone who does come over for some temporary assistance, I'd only ask one thing.  Try to make it a point to lead by example. 

The Allies need a culture shock of some sort to snap them out of this rut.  Like the lack of chat comms thing mentioned earlier.  Even something as basic as seeing other people actively using the chat bar could help the Allies start to communicate more.  

If people come Allied so the Allies get a pity campaign, that will be good for our short-term morale... but eventually we will just fall back into the same rut unless the side's culture dramatically changes.  

@parasit tried this a couple campaigns ago and it frustrated the heck out of him, so be prepared!

2 people like this