• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
drkmouse

CALL to ALL WW2 online players

115 posts in this topic

Thought about it, but usually I get met with hostility when I play allied. I don't mean just messing around/joking, but players that literally don't want me there. Tis why I stayed axis this past campaign.

Edited by dfire
2 people like this

Allied need new strategy's this upcoming campaign, it's been a hard struggle for us Allied to deal with the pain, like, constant Axis overpopped, getting rolled left and right, I really think it's time for some Allied to step up, and take leadership on this side. I've already seen a lot of people take leadership. The communication between the Axis & Allied, isn't very well, I've seen at least 20+ on Axis discord, this campaign, and with 3 people on the Allied discord, what is better? 20+ or 3? IMO, we need more leaders, communicators. It is a struggle for me to log on every day, constantly getting rolled. It is a hard struggle for me, I have had 750+ sorties this campaign. I've never experienced the frustration this campaign, in my life, and also getting outnumbered a lot of the times in TZ1, early TZ3. 

I've been writing some things for new strategy's this campaign. I would like to share it with some Allied players... Hopefully Allied can get more leaders, communicators, and people who can step up and help others.

S!

n8r

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, Capco said:

Fantasy narratives like this is part of why we can't have nice things.

I heard there were nice fantasy things in the pipeline at CRS including actual Rat Soldiers for both Allies & Axis. New planes too.  All we have to do is stop complaining.  

Image result for ww2 fantasy equipmentImage result for ww2 fantasy equipment

I'm not sure I buy the comments that Allies don't do the "hard things," "they don't guard," "they don't bust FBs," etc...  generally speaking (I might be mischaracterizing some of the posts, if so I apologize). In my limited play experience, I tend to run up against allied players who are guarding CPs, or are busting an FB that I happen to be at, etc. The truth is, if you're underpop, you're underpop -- and your ranks will be stretched thin and there just aren't enough people doing those things ... which is a natural consequence of being shorthanded.

Anyway, I mostly only play during U.S. "primetime" (evenings), so I can't claim to get the full picture. Just my impression.

Edited by hillstorm
5 people like this

18 minutes ago, hillstorm said:

I'm not sure I buy the comments that Allies don't do the "hard things," "they don't guard," "they don't bust FBs," etc...  generally speaking. In my limited play experience, I tend to run up against allied players who are guarding CPs, or are busting an FB that I happen to be at, etc. The truth is, if you're underpop, you're underpop -- and your ranks will be stretched thin and there just aren't enough people doing those things ... which is a natural consequence of being shorthanded.

Anyway, I mostly only play during U.S. "primetime" (evenings), so I can't claim to get the full picture. Just my impression.

Don't fight it, just take it. The beating will be over quicker if you don't resist.

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, choad said:

I was referring to your knee jerk whinge that the map wasn't moving fast enough. That's all.

It wasn't moving fast enough id say it went pretty damn fast the last week of it.

1 person likes this

I think allied really needs to learn new tatics you have been stuck in a rut and trying to just roll a town with every tank you got isn't going to get it done. Your already underpop  more in tanks and planes than on the ground.

1 person likes this

The playerbase naturally gravitates to units that have a longer TOM- tanks and aircraft. Being killed over n over an over again, by enemy you don't even see due to vis limits, frustrum culling, and simple god awful  cqb lag, gets any side down. 

Allies had some really good attacks this campaign whether it seemed like it or not and the overall pop was much better in the beginning and middle of campaign. Early on allies were slightly overpop almost every night in the beginning of tz3 (idk about the whole tz3 since I don't play far into tz3 anymore). There were a couple days early on allied had a lot of momentum, taking back namur, spontin, gembloux, leuven, st truiden and diest I believe. If allies could play like that and have that population more regularly itll bring a lot of balance i think. 

The turning point of the campaign seemed to be when axis capped phillipville and cut off several river towns and flavion. That's when it seemed like the allies really started getting rolled. That is a big momentum boost for any side, but it was worse for the allies since their morale is already low from several campaign losses. Props though to all the allies who still fought hard and still played just as regularly after that. 

It seems from the last dozen, or maybe more, campaigns that once axis get to chimay area in the south or cap antwerp or brussels in the north and mid, allied start to log in a bit less. Then it snowballs. Transversly, once allies secure eindhoven/nandrin/bertrix areas, axis log in less and it snowballs. Not always, but frequent enough to notice a pattern.

Edited by dfire

with  tier times norm will give allies some time  to build momentum with the matty storms

hoping for an eppic  campain and wil be on many axis kill list :D

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, goreblimey said:

>>> 35-38 Tigers deployed in North Africa, nov 1942 – may 1943. The maximum number of Tigers operational at peak force in Tunis was about 15-20 units. 

>>>180-190 Tigers deployed in Italy, jun 1943 – may 1945. The average number of Tigers available at any given time since their deployment in Italy was about 30-40 units, with a probable peak at about 50.

>>>230-240 Tigers deployed on the western front (France/Rhine defense) 
Out of these, about 150 were present during the Normandy campaign (June – Aug 1944). About 60-80 were available at peak force. Only 4-5 Tigers escaped from Normandy, but it appears that they were all blown up/abandoned on their way back anyway. 

The rest of 80-90 Tigers used on the western front were mostly Tiger II’s, deployed during the Ardennes offensive and subsequent battles (dec 1944 – may 1945). No more than 30 were available at any given time, and never en masse. 

>>> ~ 1300 Tigers deployed on the eastern front (72%), between aug 1942 and may 1945. The maximum number of Tigers deployed in the east was about 350-400 units, in late 1943. Out of these, no more than 250 were operational at peak force. 

This game has to be about balance WTF do you think the axis are doing with anything near the levels of equipment they have otherwise LOL. You have access to the complete Historical deployment of Tigers on the western front with no issues of availability, In response the British deployed over 4000 17 Pounder equipped vehicles. So that is the Balance that helps the axis all the time. Are you willing to play with those cards and see where they fall ?

This argument "too many Tigers...not realistic", if I understand correctly, would be fine if.....Tigers were not subject to the single sapper charge, which can often enough with some stealth by a sapper fairly easily take out a Tiger tank. Perhaps the "non historical/realisticl" number of Tiger tanks and any other armoured unit in game might be made more reasonable if sappers were less abundant or piats etc.... Having suggested that I honestly haven't looked up the numbers on tiger kills by these units. Just something that came to mind when talking numbers on units.

S!

Sappers shouldn't even be in-game in their current form - I'd be all for removing all but a handful of them (just enough to simulate a degree of danger from going into town with a tank) ATGs should be the primary anti-tank weapon, not bush sappers. 

3 people like this

Sapper is one of the most imporatant class. I realy dont want to imagine how T0 will do without them, mattys would roll every town cause there only real thread (the 88) is super vulnerable and need a high ground to be efektive

4 hours ago, dfire said:

Allies had some really good attacks this campaign whether it seemed like it or not and the overall pop was much better in the beginning and middle of campaign. Early on allies were slightly overpop almost every night in the beginning of tz3 (idk about the whole tz3 since I don't play far into tz3 anymore). There were a couple days early on allied had a lot of momentum, taking back namur, spontin, gembloux, leuven, st truiden and diest I believe. If allies could play like that and have that population more regularly itll bring a lot of balance i think. 

The turning point of the campaign seemed to be when axis capped phillipville and cut off several river towns and flavion. That's when it seemed like the allies really started getting rolled. That is a big momentum boost for any side, but it was worse for the allies since their morale is already low from several campaign losses. Props though to all the allies who still fought hard and still played just as regularly after that. 

It seems from the last dozen, or maybe more, campaigns that once axis get to chimay area in the south or cap antwerp or brussels in the north and mid, allied start to log in a bit less. Then it snowballs. Transversly, once allies secure eindhoven/nandrin/bertrix areas, axis log in less and it snowballs. Not always, but frequent enough to notice a pattern.

That's a very old player pattern. 

Essentially, people don't believe they can come back from those positions and/or don't believe others on their side will spawn in to make it worth their effort.  The ones that do stick it out tend to log off faster due to frustration.  Conversely the morale up side will get people to stay on longer.

There were morale towns that you absolutely don't want to lose because of their psychological effects, not because it's impossible to recover from them.

The HC AND squads have to be all in and 'believe in the victory'.

7 hours ago, dfire said:

2 days in a row we had all of pville capped but abs and didnt come close to closing it out...there was a notable difference during those attacks in player numbers dropping even though it seemed like we had a good amount as 8 AEF set the ms’s plus 1 ahc and we all swept through the cps fast while most of our ms’s got camped/sapped....other pville attack was 7 AEF paras and 1 ms and again we owned all cps in town and didnt come close to getting it.....the tiger tier was the difference when it came to attcking because we literally had noone defending the cps at our d1s and began losing towns fast while fighting pretty dedicated defenses/fb busters .....the rest was a mass overpop roll after a few days of that 

1 person likes this

I'll try to play Allied this upcoming campaign. I'm not a 24/7 player by any means, been pretty busy lately, but at this point everything counts I guess.

As far as I remember , Antwerp and Brussels were always the moral breaker for the Allies, not sure if it's still like that or not.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, dasei88 said:

Sapper is one of the most imporatant class. I realy dont want to imagine how T0 will do without them, mattys would roll every town cause there only real thread (the 88) is super vulnerable and need a high ground to be efektive

As I posted in another thread, ATGs should be allowed to become a limited MSP to spawn defensive, support infantry (a few rifles, an SMG, etc). The larger ATGs (certainly the 88) could maybe spawn an engineer to place defensive objects.

31 minutes ago, dre21 said:

As far as I remember , Antwerp and Brussels were always the moral breaker for the Allies, not sure if it's still like that or not.

I can't speak for everybody but I was irritated with how long we held on to Twerp based on what we had to sacrifice to keep it. It had no worth to me. 

13 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

I can't speak for everybody but I was irritated with how long we held on to Twerp based on what we had to sacrifice to keep it. It had no worth to me. 

At what point did we sacrifice something to hold Antwerp?

11 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

At what point did we sacrifice something to hold Antwerp?

Every time we let an attack or defense go in order to save Twerp. 

3 people like this

I have read all the post on why who what and wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth being an allied player and what affected me the most this map. I am not afraid of tigers if i know where they are. They are a part of the game but heres what i did not like. Gerrmans make the first tier jump and tank killers start showing up I thought this was strange. Then the next tier jump tigers show up and it becomes "well this is bs equipment coming out before it "historically" should so I was pretty well done. Took a look at the map a few days ago logged in to whatever town was being rolled spawned in 7 times never saw a german and died 7 times. Not much fun there. The allies need bodies that can play the germans against the ai is not going to last very long. The core group of the same allied guys by themselves that are left can not hold up to heavy over pop for very long. Its tough to pay money for frustration because of lack of players on the side you are playing.

2 people like this

funny part is when  shermans were new allies came back from being dep in there country  3 times in 4 maps.   antwerp and  brussles, as have  axis when  they lost ther key  large towns. (shout out to Hondo for helping turn those maps around)

Because ant and brussels  are so close to front of map are were/ are  MAJOr hard ot taek castles for axis. the percetoin when they are lost the map is lost. is long in grained in alied side. ( they are a crutch and a curse for  tacits there to hold them are dif then fomr smaller towns )

Morale is everything. From an axis perspective, when the allies lose Antwerp and Brussels they see themselves as defeated. How many times has the axis been backed up to Frankfort and Essen only to fight back and win the map? It's why I fight on the axis side. Even when morale is at its' lowest we never give up.

26 minutes ago, gavalink said:

Morale is everything. From an axis perspective, when the allies lose Antwerp and Brussels they see themselves as defeated. How many times has the axis been backed up to Frankfort and Essen only to fight back and win the map? It's why I fight on the axis side. Even when morale is at its' lowest we never give up.

I'm sure there is a core of axis diehards that never give up, just as there is a core of allied players who don't either.

I was here for an axis meltdown. Don't pretend it does not happen.

Edited by Randazzo