• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
krazydog

Why are the Rats adding SMGs to HC FRUs?

133 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, gagsy said:

I just went thru the 4 pages of this thread and found  11 ppl against and 4 ppl for the hcms there were a number of ditherers that I couldn't define one way or the other. I'm just waiting for a definite yes/no from CRS about the future of the HCMS before I decide what to do about playing into the future.

Same goes for me too and after being in this game since 20002 .

We have decided that effective the next campaign we will be eliminating the HC FRU capability.  The HC class will remain in the orbat with probably some added goodies like ammo bearer with an HE sachel or two.  We will let you know as next campaign starts.

Our decision was based on several factors including the comments in this thread and from polling done by Zebbeee as well as the CRS team feedback.

Thanks for your comments and input.

S!

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, TMAN said:

We have decided that effective the next campaign we will be eliminating the HC FRU capability.  The HC class will remain in the orbat with probably some added goodies like ammo bearer with an HE sachel or two.  We will let you know as next campaign starts.

Our decision was based on several factors including the comments in this thread and from polling done by Zebbeee as well as the CRS team feedback.

S!

Good choice thanks for the info tman

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, TMAN said:

S!

Or leave them, and add on-sides deployment rules to all MSPs (which should always have been the case).

any chance to trial the inf-fru?

the battles with the truck-fms have trouble maturing to a virtual battlefield. the inf-fru had chaos, but it did provide consistent and lasting battles

13 hours ago, TMAN said:

S!

Excellent news.  Cheers!   :)

Right now the decision was made to remove it, and I will keep attention towards finding out and suggesting alternative improvements to our mobile spawn mechanics. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ZEBBEEE said:

Right now the decision was made to remove it, and I will keep attention towards finding out and suggesting alternative improvements to our mobile spawn mechanics. 

Well if you do some searches I have outlined a whole bunch of them , might help a bit.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, dre21 said:

Well if you do some searches I have outlined a whole bunch of them , might help a bit.

Having played the suggestion game a LONG time, it's more effective if you pull it together into your own thread and when you catch Rattention, point them to it.  They don;'t have time to look through all your stuff.

14 hours ago, major0noob said:

any chance to trial the inf-fru?

the battles with the truck-fms have trouble maturing to a virtual battlefield. the inf-fru had chaos, but it did provide consistent and lasting battles

It's been in game for months now, as HCFMS or LMS, take your pick.  Inf only boxes placed by HC unit only, originally rifles and then SMGs.

I think the rifle only thing was livable, the SMG was too much.  But I play rifle constantly because I am not an SMG ace and those that aren't SMG aces break down and cry if they can't spawn one, so I don't waste them.

The other way to go is only underpop can place them.

I didn’t mind the rifle so much, but I would not have put the walkable FMS back anyway. Still have had issues of them popping up behind our ATG line and picking them off.

9 minutes ago, stankyus said:

I didn’t mind the rifle so much, but I would not have put the walkable FMS back anyway. Still have had issues of them popping up behind our ATG line and picking them off.

Yup, absolutely hate it. 

Even rifles can ruin your ZoC. 

They tried it, it failed, they removed it, they put it back in lol.   Can't understand it. 

PS: Good show in taking the playerbase into account on this. 

Edited by Mosizlak
3 people like this

51 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Yup, absolutely hate it. 

Even rifles can ruin your ZoC. 

They tried it, it failed, they removed it, they put it back in lol.   Can't understand it. 

PS: Good show in taking the playerbase into account on this. 

The only thing they need to put back into the game is the Brit HEAT grenadier.

For those unfamiliar, the walkable fru literally single handily destroyed the ZOC and everything associated with it. Having a inf walk out, sneak into the ZOC with a insta-inf brigade, sapping tanks, killing the aa and atg and dropping our FRUs. Just took one guy and it ruined all efforts to try and set up an attack.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Having played the suggestion game a LONG time, it's more effective if you pull it together into your own thread and when you catch Rattention, point them to it.  They don;'t have time to look through all your stuff.

I can post it here again.

But I do feel like a broken record.

@ZEBBEEE

Let trucks build up to 3 FMS .

Let Trucks build 2 separate FMS , one all INF the other ATG and AAA , that way one can cover the other and it also makes it harder to camp if one decides to set them closer . 

Rebuild/ design the FMS so camping is harder .

That's 3 I have of the top of my hat.

Or, you know, on-sides rules. Your ATG line would be on your side of the front, and the enemy FMS/FRU spawning people to attack it would be on THEIR side of the front.

2 people like this

Have ANY rats even responded to these ideas? This is a big part of why I have just unsubbed. Whether it is true or not I have the perception that CRS will not, or cannot change things for the better.

These posts are from players actively trying to play the game and having their well thought out posts ignored.

8 hours ago, stankyus said:

The only thing they need to put back into the game is the Brit HEAT grenadier.

For those unfamiliar, the walkable fru literally single handily destroyed the ZOC and everything associated with it. Having a inf walk out, sneak into the ZOC with a insta-inf brigade, sapping tanks, killing the aa and atg and dropping our FRUs. Just took one guy and it ruined all efforts to try and set up an attack.

Absolutely. 

They talk the talk about the historical stuff, but don't walk the walk when it comes to the allies having an advantage. 

3 hours ago, dropbear said:

Have ANY rats even responded to these ideas? This is a big part of why I have just unsubbed. Whether it is true or not I have the perception that CRS will not, or cannot change things for the better.

These posts are from players actively trying to play the game and having their well thought out posts ignored.

If there was a top list of players that have most dropped ideas in the forums, I would probably be in the top3. 

Now that I see things from the inside I better understand why it cannot be achieved overday. The good news is that change is possible, altough very slow. One of the most difficult barrier is the diversity of expectations from players. Altough we all love the same unique concept of simulation, we all want it to be played differently... Some online poll results really surprised me.

make it so hq  ms have to be wihtn X dist of a  ms they spawned from, this adds a 2nd spawn point and  stops the  run behind lines and kill everthing anounce and  def ruin

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, ZEBBEEE said:

If there was a top list of players that have most dropped ideas in the forums, I would probably be in the top3. 

Now that I see things from the inside I better understand why it cannot be achieved overday. The good news is that change is possible, altough very slow. One of the most difficult barrier is the diversity of expectations from players. Altough we all love the same unique concept of simulation, we all want it to be played differently... Some online poll results really surprised me.

Nothing personal, but I really hate those polls.  Not that they exist, absolutely a good idea to keep that up and no less a figure then Jim Dunnigan and SPI pioneered using that heavily and grew their company.

No, the polls drive me crazy cause they have really strange options/solutions and most of them don't have an 'other' or 'something else' option that indicates more exploration of the topic.  That and either/or nature of the questions can skew results.

3 people like this

I try to systematically add these. Except for questions where there is no other option possible (then you only have « no opinion »). You can always pm me your feedback. 

The only question where the « other » was unfortunately lacking was « How would your like to see team deployment & cohesion improved? ».

there was one question where I forced a choice between possible options « What stat does influence your satisfaction the most? ».

5 hours ago, Kilemall said:

No, the polls drive me crazy cause they have really strange options/solutions and most of them don't have an 'other' or 'something else' option that indicates more exploration of the topic.  That and either/or nature of the questions can skew results.

This.

I have frequently seen a poll where I don't want any of the options, or rationales presented.

1 person likes this

I would like to see polls results posted here for us, customers, for better transparency.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, ZEBBEEE said:

I try to systematically add these. Except for questions where there is no other option possible (then you only have « no opinion »). You can always pm me your feedback. 

Hmmm, it's not me and my opinion I'm concerned with, I can speak quite clearly for myself here on the forums.  It's the business decisions based on results from odd choices that skew results from X people ingame that concern me.

1 person likes this