kgarner

Spawn delay 30+ secs?

124 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, delems said:

*** They don't want spawn delay.

TRUE!

*** They don't want extended cap timers.

TRUE!

*** They want to win

TRUE!

*** and they want to win now dammit. 

FALSE.

All fine and well ... except the "win now" part. Makes little difference if that is your desire ... that is just the predictable outcome. That is really the point isn't it?

On 6/7/2019 at 3:19 AM, potthead said:

At least it is not 120 + seconds like it was back in the day..  

And the cap timers are now much better for when there is 2 or more players capping, so the 20 sec extra SD is probably a counter move to keep the same level of balance before cap timer changes. I have not had a chance to be playing for more than a couple of sorties in the last month or so but from the  forums/webmap the map looked quite stale / stable for a long time until a couple of days after the new faster cap-timers arrived and then map was over within days... 

These sort of changes are all trial and error by CRS and sometimes they get it right and spot on (like when MSP life became fortified was increased not to die to one single bullet and needed a few HE charges on it) and sometimes just not as lucky (like when the changes were made to the SMG numbers for both sides and tank numbers etc a few months back) 

Also victory tax, if not real should be real and be paid! Victory always brings a multiplier effect for the ToM spent by each player on average (victory in tactical day to day and campaign both). Limited date from the few maps we have shows there is similar number of players for both sides but ToM on the more engaged/winning side is Massively skewed. There should be a balancing force for that.. I don't know what the answer is, but Spawn delay is the most traditional, trialed and tested method that CRS has the most data on probably so no surprise they are pulling the card out of the deck. (albiet not the most creative approach but ey..desperate times, desperate measures!) 

the game has lived on for 18 years (HAPPY WWIIONLINEVERSARY BABY!!) and thanks to the constant feedback and attention of CRS it will live of for many many more years and keep giving us the fun hobby we LOVE and are so addicted to that change to it sometimes gives us small withdrawals until we get hooked on the new ways. 

My 2 cents anyways,

It is start of ski season tomorrow here in Queenstown New Zealand, so I probably wont be on as much.  I will be taking my nearly 3 year old daughter for her first snowboarding season! super excited! Our first adventure of the shopping and buying below for you to watch during spawn delays :D we will be visiting Remarkable parks tomorrow and coronet peak the next weekend!

S! potthead

Dang it potthead...now I've humanized you and almost like you! Hopefully, I won't hesitate when I see you in game and pull the trigger.

20 hours ago, csm308 said:

And there's Mo, making s**t up again, as always.

VR

LOL made up, eh? 

You literally said you were gonna play Allied BUT... lol

Hilarious. 

On 6/7/2019 at 0:32 AM, choad said:

*sniff sniff* 

You kidding me? What was so offensive to your delicate sensibilites CSM? How dare someone suggest SD has a use! My God get a grip.

He's gotta carry that cross haha

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

LOL made up, eh? 

You literally said you were gonna play Allied BUT... lol

Hilarious. 

He's gotta carry that cross haha

I did log in Allied that morning, so yes, you're still making s**t up Mo.  A frequent habit of yours.  One could say it is your "go to move" as actual facts and you are not regularly acquainted with each other.  

VR

imagine demanding that one of the slowest and most difficult FPS games be made slower and more difficult because you keep losing, then when you can't retain your own players you demand the other team send theirs over to balance things

26 minutes ago, david06 said:

imagine demanding that one of the slowest and most difficult FPS games be made slower and more difficult because you keep losing, then when you can't retain your own players you demand the other team send theirs over to balance things

What hurts the most is that you think this is clever.

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

What hurts the most is that you think this is clever.

no it's a great idea

players will surely come flocking to the team that is begging for welfare

that is how multiplayer PvP communities work

We got to 20 something spawn delay Saturday, clubbing baby seals = NOT!

Cause Axis didn't even bother showing up, I see Allies aren't the only one's having trouble quick switching on AO's, too the current GHC, welcome too the Allied nightmare of the past 7 maps. This is what 3/1 odds do. 

At least Wellin was interesting. Thank you.

CSM, drop the forum rants and come on over to AEF channel and we'll have fun.

Some of us played when we had 2min SD, this 30sec is child's play, do I agree, No, but its a necessity per Xooms view of recent game play, can always revert back in the future, for now, STFU and play.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, bus0 said:

We got to 20 something spawn delay Saturday, clubbing baby seals = NOT!

Cause Axis didn't even bother showing up, I see Allies aren't the only one's having trouble quick switching on AO's, too the current GHC, welcome too the Allied nightmare of the past 7 maps. This is what 3/1 odds do. 

At least Wellin was interesting. Thank you.

CSM, drop the forum rants and come on over to AEF channel and we'll have fun.

Some of us played when we had 2min SD, this 30sec is child's play, do I agree, No, but its a necessity per Xooms view of recent game play, can always revert back in the future, for now, STFU and play.

PN at least for me was NEVER about 'making sure the Allies win', the pendulum eventually swings both ways, it's about making sure you can make a difference in your time in game even if your side decides not to show for whatever reason.  That makes it more palatable to login and stay longer, be a noob and have a sense from context of other players at least that the side has a chance, and in general make it a game, not a mugging.

Edited by Kilemall
3 people like this

15 hours ago, csm308 said:

I did log in Allied that morning, so yes, you're still making s**t up Mo.  A frequent habit of yours.  One could say it is your "go to move" as actual facts and you are not regularly acquainted with each other.  

VR

Pretty sure he doesn't have a crystal ball and thus wasn't able to see into the future. Geee what will you do next?

8 hours ago, david06 said:

no it's a great idea

players will surely come flocking to the team that is begging for welfare

that is how multiplayer PvP communities work

You derive far too much of your self worth from your side identity. That's not healthy.

As for the community, it has it's ups and downs. You should swing by the Axis discussions thread in the real forums if you ever actually join the community instead of riding our coattails.

2 people like this

Biggest problem with the game is lack of players and every decision that prevents paying customers from playing is retarded. This was true over a decade ago when the SDs were first introduced.

How about trying something else, like preventing free players from joining overpop side but also give them a bit more tools to fight with if they play underpop side? That might balance things out a bit and create a real incentive to subscribe.

2 people like this

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, goreblimey said:

Why ? Do You expect to be overpop all the time. Wouldn't be an issue otherwise would it. 

Well considering that yea Axis are always over pop unless the axis player base decides to go help the Allies win a map.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:50 AM, rebel357 said:

After your map roll you deserve a penalty :)

RLMAO Rebel How many maps did we role in a row now SD comes back must be magic. Now that the axis player base decided to go Allied to help you all win a map so you all don't rage quit or unsub. The only time Allies win a map is if Axis feel the need to help you win one. For some reason people are more attracted to the Axis side than Allies. 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:47 PM, choad said:

So which is it - are we tired of long cap timers or spawn delay? All of they crying about cap timers resulted in lowering it - but predictably the spawn timers ticked up. If you are anti pop balancing mechanisms all together I guess that is another thing all together.

Maybe CRS needs to poll the player base - what is more offensive to their sensibilities, spawn delay or long cap timers?

Only one way to fix side imbalance and that is the system picks which side you play for how about that. Side balance solved.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, Capco said:

Correct, especially the last bolded part.  

As I said before, if you don't like spawn delay, play for the underpop side.  It's really easy to avoid.  

but that would require Axis player to play allied 60% of the time I don't see that happening

5 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

RLMAO Rebel How many maps did we role in a row now SD comes back must be magic. Now that the axis player base decided to go Allied to help you all win a map so you all don't rage quit or unsub. The only time Allies win a map is if Axis feel the need to help you win one. For some reason people are more attracted to the Axis side than Allies. 

Oh look a true believer in wearing a grey uniform in an imaginary video game....lol

1 person likes this

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:02 PM, XOOM said:

As you know, the spawn Delay maximum has indeed gone up to 30 seconds. When you achieve 30 seconds, it is under worst possible conditions. The unwillingness for side balance to occur through other measures has resulted into this. It's a necessity. Majority of folks who seem opposed to it are predominately Axis players. Today, on our 18th anniversary we saw the Allies for about 4 hours have a 33% overpopulation. Guess what? They got nailed with spawn delay and felt the same thing.

Now at hour 5, we're seeing 1:1 population, and no one has a spawn delay. This is when the game is at its best, when there's a balance. We need to incentivize this happening and we must stop massive rolls of the campaign. When side balance is prioritized more by the general player base we'll pull off this a bit and get those timers settled down. Until then, this'll have to happen.

Remember... 30 seconds spawn delay means you have a WICKED overpopulation at this point. Our game is extraordinarily harder to balance in general because we do not fit the mold of a traditional FPS (in terms of scale). There's a lot of other considerations at play. I'll keep an eye on it but this seemed like a necessary move based on the trends we're seeing.

This will never happen Xoom people are drawn to the Axis side more so than Allied and the only time Allies are over pop is when the Axis go over there to help them win a map.

14 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

I served under you when you were Allied CinC, gotta say I'm ashamed to see you go this route.

*** How many maps did we role in a row now

The last 6 maps have been 3-1-2 in axis favor.

Axis has won 3 in a row if you don't count the draws.

7 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

I served under you when you were Allied CinC, gotta say I'm ashamed to see you go this route.

Luckily he had former axis players like me to help him during his cinc term

7 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Allied have some good vets just not enough of them. I enjoyed my time as Allied HC and we won a lot of maps. After I retired and Allied CINC allied side has seemed to go down hill. I would like to know why that happed because it baffles me. You have the better equipment now than you did when I was CINC; and since they took the tactical game out by putting units in every town you would think it would be easier. So I am trying to figure out how your losing so many maps I just don't understand it. I played Allied for the mini map and yea you have to issues over there they need fixed. I tried to help and was told to stfu. So I left after 2 maps allied and went back to axis. Before I left as Allied CINC I made a detailed post on how to win a map and it can work on both sides. Seems Axis picked up on that and used it but allies haven't. Really I don't care much anymore one way or the other. I don't play anywhere near as much as I used to. I will be playing less and less and once I hit my 20 year mark I wont play anymore after that. So I only have 2 more years of playing this game and I may even give it up before that depending on how my health holds out which currently isn't do to well.

7 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

Really I don't care much anymore one way or the other.

That's a lie. You're only in here spouting all this nonsense because you're mad about the current state of the map and population. Having seen enough of your angry old man "get off my lawn!" posts, I know it's hopeless to appeal to your rationality but one thing everybody needs to grasp is that trying to make some imaginary separation between axis and allied players is at the core of the problem. Clicking a different button has absolutely no effect on the player.

5 people like this

Game play the  garantees a loss

when no flag is in a deffengin town vs multi towns and  or flags attacking it and  NO one brining up suppply from ther own back towns or using that said suply when  a person does bring a ms up

When atacking and  not having a  least one flag in the attack.

Giving up  on a attack when you have superior #'s and supply becuse it hits a small snag.  then you have the enenmy out supplied  keep spuing they will run out. esspecialy if u hunt down any said ms's brough ti nform back towns.

Snake lints our  ( you now have towns that can be attakced my multy towns supply and no real way to resuply them)

etc etc etc   using the town supplies to max adavntage means  settting up so YOU have  bettter  supply.

2 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

That's a lie. You're only in here spouting all this nonsense because you're mad about the current state of the map and population. Having seen enough of your angry old man "get off my lawn!" posts, I know it's hopeless to appeal to your rationality but one thing everybody needs to grasp is that trying to make some imaginary separation between axis and allied players is at the core of the problem. Clicking a different button has absolutely no effect on the player.

I don't care about this map I never did. I already knew before map start what was going to happen. So did the rest of the axis player base. No one on axis side cares if we lose this map or not it was a given. 

2 minutes ago, drkmouse said:

Game play the  garantees a loss

when no flag is in a deffengin town vs multi towns and  or flags attacking it and  NO one brining up suppply from ther own back towns or using that said suply when  a person does bring a ms up

When atacking and  not having a  least one flag in the attack.

Giving up  on a attack when you have superior #'s and supply becuse it hits a small snag.  then you have the enenmy out supplied  keep spuing they will run out. esspecialy if u hunt down any said ms's brough ti nform back towns.

Snake lints our  ( you now have towns that can be attakced my multy towns supply and no real way to resuply them)

etc etc etc   using the town supplies to max adavntage means  settting up so YOU have  bettter  supply.

Yes if you don't bring supply from rear town garrison supply wont last long