Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

kgarner

Spawn delay 30+ secs?

sgthenning
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:50 AM, rebel357 said:

After your map roll you deserve a penalty :)

RLMAO Rebel How many maps did we role in a row now SD comes back must be magic. Now that the axis player base decided to go Allied to help you all win a map so you all don't rage quit or unsub. The only time Allies win a map is if Axis feel the need to help you win one. For some reason people are more attracted to the Axis side than Allies. 

sgthenning
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:47 PM, choad said:

So which is it - are we tired of long cap timers or spawn delay? All of they crying about cap timers resulted in lowering it - but predictably the spawn timers ticked up. If you are anti pop balancing mechanisms all together I guess that is another thing all together.

Maybe CRS needs to poll the player base - what is more offensive to their sensibilities, spawn delay or long cap timers?

Only one way to fix side imbalance and that is the system picks which side you play for how about that. Side balance solved.

sgthenning
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, Capco said:

Correct, especially the last bolded part.  

As I said before, if you don't like spawn delay, play for the underpop side.  It's really easy to avoid.  

but that would require Axis player to play allied 60% of the time I don't see that happening

Jsilec
5 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

RLMAO Rebel How many maps did we role in a row now SD comes back must be magic. Now that the axis player base decided to go Allied to help you all win a map so you all don't rage quit or unsub. The only time Allies win a map is if Axis feel the need to help you win one. For some reason people are more attracted to the Axis side than Allies. 

Oh look a true believer in wearing a grey uniform in an imaginary video game....lol

• Like 1

sgthenning
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:02 PM, XOOM said:

As you know, the spawn Delay maximum has indeed gone up to 30 seconds. When you achieve 30 seconds, it is under worst possible conditions. The unwillingness for side balance to occur through other measures has resulted into this. It's a necessity. Majority of folks who seem opposed to it are predominately Axis players. Today, on our 18th anniversary we saw the Allies for about 4 hours have a 33% overpopulation. Guess what? They got nailed with spawn delay and felt the same thing.

Now at hour 5, we're seeing 1:1 population, and no one has a spawn delay. This is when the game is at its best, when there's a balance. We need to incentivize this happening and we must stop massive rolls of the campaign. When side balance is prioritized more by the general player base we'll pull off this a bit and get those timers settled down. Until then, this'll have to happen.

Remember... 30 seconds spawn delay means you have a WICKED overpopulation at this point. Our game is extraordinarily harder to balance in general because we do not fit the mold of a traditional FPS (in terms of scale). There's a lot of other considerations at play. I'll keep an eye on it but this seemed like a necessary move based on the trends we're seeing.

This will never happen Xoom people are drawn to the Axis side more so than Allied and the only time Allies are over pop is when the Axis go over there to help them win a map.

Kilemall
14 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

I served under you when you were Allied CinC, gotta say I'm ashamed to see you go this route.

delems

*** How many maps did we role in a row now

The last 6 maps have been 3-1-2 in axis favor.

Axis has won 3 in a row if you don't count the draws.

Jsilec
7 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

I served under you when you were Allied CinC, gotta say I'm ashamed to see you go this route.

Luckily he had former axis players like me to help him during his cinc term

sgthenning
7 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Allied have some good vets just not enough of them. I enjoyed my time as Allied HC and we won a lot of maps. After I retired and Allied CINC allied side has seemed to go down hill. I would like to know why that happed because it baffles me. You have the better equipment now than you did when I was CINC; and since they took the tactical game out by putting units in every town you would think it would be easier. So I am trying to figure out how your losing so many maps I just don't understand it. I played Allied for the mini map and yea you have to issues over there they need fixed. I tried to help and was told to stfu. So I left after 2 maps allied and went back to axis. Before I left as Allied CINC I made a detailed post on how to win a map and it can work on both sides. Seems Axis picked up on that and used it but allies haven't. Really I don't care much anymore one way or the other. I don't play anywhere near as much as I used to. I will be playing less and less and once I hit my 20 year mark I wont play anymore after that. So I only have 2 more years of playing this game and I may even give it up before that depending on how my health holds out which currently isn't do to well.

Randazzo
7 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

Really I don't care much anymore one way or the other.

That's a lie. You're only in here spouting all this nonsense because you're mad about the current state of the map and population. Having seen enough of your angry old man "get off my lawn!" posts, I know it's hopeless to appeal to your rationality but one thing everybody needs to grasp is that trying to make some imaginary separation between axis and allied players is at the core of the problem. Clicking a different button has absolutely no effect on the player.

• Like 5

drkmouse

Game play the  garantees a loss

when no flag is in a deffengin town vs multi towns and  or flags attacking it and  NO one brining up suppply from ther own back towns or using that said suply when  a person does bring a ms up

When atacking and  not having a  least one flag in the attack.

Giving up  on a attack when you have superior #'s and supply becuse it hits a small snag.  then you have the enenmy out supplied  keep spuing they will run out. esspecialy if u hunt down any said ms's brough ti nform back towns.

Snake lints our  ( you now have towns that can be attakced my multy towns supply and no real way to resuply them)

etc etc etc   using the town supplies to max adavntage means  settting up so YOU have  bettter  supply.

sgthenning
2 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

That's a lie. You're only in here spouting all this nonsense because you're mad about the current state of the map and population. Having seen enough of your angry old man "get off my lawn!" posts, I know it's hopeless to appeal to your rationality but one thing everybody needs to grasp is that trying to make some imaginary separation between axis and allied players is at the core of the problem. Clicking a different button has absolutely no effect on the player.

I don't care about this map I never did. I already knew before map start what was going to happen. So did the rest of the axis player base. No one on axis side cares if we lose this map or not it was a given. 

2 minutes ago, drkmouse said:

Game play the  garantees a loss

when no flag is in a deffengin town vs multi towns and  or flags attacking it and  NO one brining up suppply from ther own back towns or using that said suply when  a person does bring a ms up

When atacking and  not having a  least one flag in the attack.

Giving up  on a attack when you have superior #'s and supply becuse it hits a small snag.  then you have the enenmy out supplied  keep spuing they will run out. esspecialy if u hunt down any said ms's brough ti nform back towns.

Snake lints our  ( you now have towns that can be attakced my multy towns supply and no real way to resuply them)

etc etc etc   using the town supplies to max adavntage means  settting up so YOU have  bettter  supply.

Yes if you don't bring supply from rear town garrison supply wont last long

Randazzo
4 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

I don't care about this map I never did. I already knew before map start what was going to happen. So did the rest of the axis player base. No one on axis side cares if we lose this map or not it was a given. 

So you gave up already? Why didn't you just change tactics and adapt? Not to mention it's only been a few days. Once the Tiger hits, your pop will come back up and many of the "axis" players will come back and you'll be all over the forums praising "your" greatness.

That is unless something bad happens and you threaten to rage quit again.

Edited by Randazzo
  • Like 1

sgthenning
7 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

So you gave up already? Why didn't you just change tactics and adapt? Not to mention it's only been a few days. Once the Tiger hits, your pop will come back up and many of the "axis" players will come back and you'll be all over the forums praising "your" greatness.

That is unless something bad happens and you threaten to rage quit again.

I didn't rage quit I knew who was going Allied before the map even started lol you really are naïve Randazoo  

PITTPETE
6 hours ago, bus0 said:

Some of us played when we had 2min SD, this 30sec is child's play, do I agree, No, but its a necessity per Xooms view of recent game play, can always revert back in the future, for now, STFU and play.

This^^^^

Nick

Admittedly I don't get to play many online multiplayer games nowadays but every single one that I have played over the years has some sort of wait time between every match/spawn. Why is it not excepted here when the sides are imbalanced?

• Like 5

tater

If every single fight is to be a run around shooting people in every direction, all the time, then SD makes little sense. If the battles could feel more like battles, then people might be willing to invest a little more time.

I have a theory that people like the camp situations not because of the kill fest, but because they actually have some idea where the enemy is, and that the enemy is---unlike the rest of the time in game---actually in front of them.

This situation is true in some of the town geography, and when it works out that players have to attack across a front, with fire and advance, smoke, and actual flanking (setting up MSPs 360 degrees is not ever flanking, sorry. WW2OL battles are either 100% flanking attacks (a point is all flank by definition), or 0% flanking attacks (because there is never a front. Pick one. I mean when units are actually spread out along a forest endge, for example, and you need to move across some area to get to them, or a Depot that is removed from town a few hundred m. Those are the best fights in this game, precisely because the enemy is mostly in front, until you actually overrun their position. That feeling of always being surrounded is a different kind of play, and if we hand fronts, one still available via paratroops.

Capco
3 hours ago, sgthenning said:

Allied have some good vets just not enough of them. I enjoyed my time as Allied HC and we won a lot of maps. After I retired and Allied CINC allied side has seemed to go down hill. I would like to know why that happed because it baffles me. You have the better equipment now than you did when I was CINC; and since they took the tactical game out by putting units in every town you would think it would be easier. So I am trying to figure out how your losing so many maps I just don't understand it. I played Allied for the mini map and yea you have to issues over there they need fixed. I tried to help and was told to stfu. So I left after 2 maps allied and went back to axis. Before I left as Allied CINC I made a detailed post on how to win a map and it can work on both sides. Seems Axis picked up on that and used it but allies haven't. Really I don't care much anymore one way or the other. I don't play anywhere near as much as I used to. I will be playing less and less and once I hit my 20 year mark I wont play anymore after that. So I only have 2 more years of playing this game and I may even give it up before that depending on how my health holds out which currently isn't do to well.

I don't want to throw you under the bus in public, but this post is wrong on so many levels.  

I hope your health improves though.  S!

The one thing you said earlier that's worth mention is the added draw that the Axis side has.

• Like 1

major0noob
6 hours ago, Nick said:

Admittedly I don't get to play many online multiplayer games nowadays but every single one that I have played over the years has some sort of wait time between every match/spawn. Why is it not excepted here when the sides are imbalanced?

Back before the limit: it rose to 300s a few times, people just logged off.

120-200s was pretty common.

If a player swiches sides, they'll be kicked out of the squad.

Randazzo
42 minutes ago, major0noob said:

If a player swiches sides, they'll be kicked out of the squad.

To clarify, noob means his own squad - this is not true for all squads.

sgthenning
6 hours ago, choad said:

I hope you feel better soon and your health takes a turn for the better. Don't place artificial time boxes on your playing career .... why wouldn't u play after 20 years? Just curious. Obviously you enjoy it to some extent to stick with it for 20 years.

Anyways ... a lot of the other stuff u said was kinda self serving don't ya think? Perhaps not grounded in reality ....or put differently ... your fantasy? 

I did 20 years in the Air Force ill do 20 in this game and retire from that too Choad My health is getting worse and I need to spend more time with my son. He will be 14 in Aug so I am running out of time to spend with him before you know it he will be gone out on his own too.

hillstorm
29 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

I did 20 years in the Air Force ill do 20 in this game and retire from that too Choad My health is getting worse and I need to spend more time with my son. He will be 14 in Aug so I am running out of time to spend with him before you know it he will be gone out on his own too.

I hesitate to say anything cuz this is really none of my business, but maybe don't wait two years try to catch up some quality time with your son. He'll be 16 and he'll want to be driving and spending as little time w/ parents as possible (if my childhood is any reference point, lol). This game isn't a job and it isn't a military career. It's fun ... but like alcohol, use it in moderation. ;) And as the others said, sorry about your health situation. 

• Like 1

major0noob
3 hours ago, Randazzo said:

To clarify, noob means his own squad - this is not true for all squads.

Don't seem any axis tags on allies, or axis on allies. Only exception is when a entire squad migrates for a campaign.

Moving back and forth within hours or days isn't tolerated. Went through several squads as lIaceIl (aka lysol) looking for one that played both or underpop without success.

One of my favorite players tried to get his group to play the other side when they needed help, there was almost a mutiny...

The side bias is just as ridiculous as the fourms suggest.

david06

there are about 40 axis online and we're getting 22 seconds of spawn delay at 4:00 p.m. US EST

at this point it's a tax for spawning infantry

shagher
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:02 PM, XOOM said:

. Majority of folks who seem opposed to it are predominately Axis players. 

Can we free Riflemen from SD at least? So then you have the option to still play??? I insist SD is against players game enjoyment, Allie or Axis. 

And if it is noted it affects a side more than the other then it should absolutely be reduced. 

S!