• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OHM

Campaign 164 Started !!!!!

8 posts in this topic

Campaign 164 has started  !

Starter sub's will have the use of Engineers and AA 40mm 

Spawn Delay has been changed from 10 sec to 30 sec  

Tier progression will be slower than what we had in Campaign 163 

2 people like this

30 second spawn delay is ridiculous; especially with cap timers being what they are. 

Edited by hafgan

53 minutes ago, hafgan said:

30 second spawn delay is ridiculous; especially with cap timers being what they are. 

Cap timers were reduced by 50%. Except for ninja caps

In a CP even with a longer cap timer at least  you are still playing, you can kill ect… Staring at a page waiting to spawn in you are not.  Even I choose to  run errans rather than wasting time in front of my screen. So are we in the business of losing attendance? I am under the impression the business model includes having more guys playing. 

It is hard enough to bring in new players, then for us to keep them motivated ect…. Hurdles are not welcomed.

S!

29 minutes ago, shagher said:

In a CP even with a longer cap timer at least  you are still playing, you can kill ect… Staring at a page waiting to spawn in you are not.  Even I choose to  run errans rather than wasting time in front of my screen. So are we in the business of losing attendance? I am under the impression the business model includes having more guys playing. 

It is hard enough to bring in new players, then for us to keep them motivated ect…. Hurdles are not welcomed.

S!

It's presumably there to encourage people to switch sides to the underpop side.

I think this is fundamentally wrong, since the rest of the game seems designed to keep people playing to win the meta game (the map).

Instead, respawning should be capped relative to "map" unit strengths.

So if a 100% Brigade is attacking a 25% strength Brigade, the attackers should be allowed to respawn (spawnable depots and MSPs) only if the number of players in that AO is under 4X the number of defenders spawned in there. Anyone wishing to continue in that AO would then have to spawn at the FB and truck/tank/walk in.

<Shrug> this is why I think we need a third, possibly a fourth lever to deal with PN.  People can take small doses of combinations of things, but you don't want to cut off the adrenalin high.

42 minutes ago, tater said:

It's presumably there to encourage people to switch sides to the underpop side.

It worked here. Finished top allied killers last 2 campaigns. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0