• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
biggles4

Super Engineer

18 posts in this topic

This is a unit designed for squad challenges and special events. The super engineer constructs the environments for such battles.

The super engineer can place as PPOs most in game objects -  grass, trees, buildings, you name it. The placement and reload timer is instantaneous. He is available on the training server. He can act as an ML spawn point. He is perhaps only available upon request so his super powers will not be abused.

You see, if folks want to hold a particular Battle recreation, they spawn super engineers, construct the battlefield, act as the Spawn for their side, hold the combat, then these objects disappear after a couple hours. The idea is to allow players to create a temporary custom environment for a friendly bloodletting.

That's a cool idea, and it might be useful for testing novel PPO concepts as well.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, or if thats a reference that escapes me, but yeah, as it were.

Ok, I looked it up (not really a big gamer here). Yes to repeating the same action over and over, but no to the goal being more experience or finding an important item. Goal is to offer novel amusement for benefit of community. Guess that means communist farmer. :lol:

If its even possible for the server to create objects and vehicles at arbitray locations, perhaps a Lua script (or other) integration could be made and players could create modded battle scenarios.

I think Merlin recently, and Old CRS folks in prior days, have said that much of the world...not all object types, but most, except for those we currently call PPOs...are placed using Creator-related tools and compiled into the game world. If that's a correct understanding, then some fundamental changes might be needed to make those types of objects into PPOs with the same functionality.

And, it's similarly been said over the years that there are game-functionality limits to a given locale's polygon density and object density, related to server memory and processing power. Those limits are managed by the CRS world creators. If that's a correct understanding, presumably the Super Engineers/Farmers/whatever they'd be called would have to learn the applicable constraints and obey them. 

2 hours ago, jwilly said:

I think Merlin recently, and Old CRS folks in prior days, have said that much of the world...not all object types, but most, except for those we currently call PPOs...are placed using Creator-related tools and compiled into the game world. If that's a correct understanding, then some fundamental changes might be needed to make those types of objects into PPOs with the same functionality.

And, it's similarly been said over the years that there are game-functionality limits to a given locale's polygon density and object density, related to server memory and processing power. Those limits are managed by the CRS world creators. If that's a correct understanding, presumably the Super Engineers/Farmers/whatever they'd be called would have to learn the applicable constraints and obey them. 

With great power comes great responsibility. Fwiw Mr. Henning's work seems to imply that the object threshold is fairly high.

5 hours ago, XOOM said:

So basically a farmer?

In a special even server, it might be creating a specific terrain for a scenario.

In the real game, it would be really cool to be able to place a farmhouse, maybe as a sort of new FMS (could a PPO be capturable?). The countryside is way too empty. If the coordinates, rotation, etc look good, maybe a future patch could add such a facility?

8 hours ago, XOOM said:

So basically a farmer?

Yes please. Future farmer main right here. 

We don't want farmers we want Lumberjacks!

I want my engie to have a chain saw please. :)

S! Ian 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, ian77 said:

We don't want farmers we want Lumberjacks!

I want my engie to have a chain saw please. :)

S! Ian 

Would be kinda cool to be able to take down trees ..... well not with an engineer necessarily .... but a tank for sure.

Like what you see at at around 2:55 of this old "Rapid Assault" preview video from CRS......

4 hours ago, sgthenning said:

lol ian you crack me up

Imagine the knife fights with chainsaws!!!   

1 person likes this

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:30 PM, choad said:

Would be kinda cool to be able to take down trees ..... well not with an engineer necessarily .... but a tank for sure.

Like what you see at at around 2:55 of this old "Rapid Assault" preview video from CRS......

I actually played rapid assault once :) Now I see where xoom got the DLC packs idea from lol