• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
tsb

June 6th 2001

17 posts in this topic

I was a first day player.  There were thousands of players.  There were thousands of bugs. 

The Char was Uber. The Germans had the tungsten core round in the pak36. Chars were impervious to Stuka bombs. The K98 sight floated all over the place....

whats changed

oh. And when I left they had just added snipers. Just to give you an idea of the state of the game when I just gave up. 

Edited by tsb

Im head of a sniper squad , if you liked us we would not be doing our job well.

64279475_2539958472694568_31043200656804

I was in Section 2. We were a sniper squad. I LOVED the “lone marksman” aspect of the game. 

Back in the day 7 of us went to Brussels. We held the city contested for over three hours.  We killed 81 with one loss. We went in on foot and left on foot.

one of the reasons why we left was because our play style was “removed”.  It was around that time that sniper classes were implemented.  We only liked the open sights anyway.  

We went to harass and contest, never to “Hump a city”, while the main force, pushed on another city.  We perfected the sniper shot through the view hole of the Ally tanks, they whined and got bulletproof plexiglass.  We perfected the sniper shot on the scout vehicles using the velocity of the K98,  They whined and we got the Pan-char.  We sniped pilots in aircraft, they whined and they got chicken pits that were impervious to rifle fire.  We sniped AT gunners and we got mech warriors that wouldn’t even die to pistol rounds RIGHT TO THE HEAD.

Thats why the whole squad left.  We fired, they died, they cried, game changed...until we open sight marksman soldiers just left.

I left a Col.  no idea what I would be now. 

Just now, tatonka said:

Tatonka!!!! Holy crap!!!  You remember Section 2??

1 hour ago, tsb said:

The Char was Uber. The Germans had the tungsten core round in the pak36. Chars were impervious to Stuka bombs. The K98 sight floated all over the place....

whats changed

I am not a day one player, and I would struggle to list all the changes since 2005/6 so you will need to spawn in to see all the changes from 18 years ago.

Welcome Back! S!

S! Ian 

Edited by ian77

After Drcairo left I took over as CO of section 2 , and there is only 3 or 4 of us left . 

3 minutes ago, tatonka said:

After Drcairo left I took over as CO of section 2 , and there is only 3 or 4 of us left . 

Wow...  this put a smile on my face. I will keep in touch.  I need to DL the game and just bang off 16 years of rust before I’m Section 2 quality again.

26 minutes ago, tsb said:

Wow...  this put a smile on my face. I will keep in touch.  I need to DL the game and just bang off 16 years of rust before I’m Section 2 quality again.

you can join anytime :) 

9 hours ago, tatonka said:

drcairo.png

4 people like this

14 hours ago, tatonka said:

4 kills per hour.  KPH should become a new stat. 

LMAO ... this sniper squad was eliminated because all your parents kicked you out of their basements. 613 TOM. Hahaha

Thats nothing! A long, long time ago, I was lifting from a rear airfield, way back from the front, where one would think it was safe; I had 19 kills and no deaths in a p39 and was playing to survive. Well, long story short, an elmg nailed me on the af. He'd been out over a thousand minutes (might have been over eleven hundred) going from base to base, camping, deeper and deeper into allied territory. Just my damn luck. :mad:

Edited by biggles4

13 hours ago, timeless said:

LMAO ... this sniper squad was eliminated because all your parents kicked you out of their basements. 613 TOM. Hahaha

:)  im retired 

On 6/15/2019 at 8:25 PM, tatonka said:

:)  im retired 

Ummm.  I've seen your rooftop snipin ways on display recently.  You may be retired from heavy ops, but you still go fishing.

Good old section II. I remember those little bushes we would kneel in around nearly every FB. It was so hard to be seen in those. Add that with no muzzle flash, we were like ghosts. 

Lugan, Howitzer, Tatonka, Drcairo, Borntogo, so many names that struck fear into the hears of the Allies. 
I was the black sheep of the squad. I couldn't (and can't) hit the broad side of a barn with a rifle.