smilinal

**WIN 7 USERS- Have to start game 2 times for it to go on 2nd try

36 posts in this topic

When I first log in it crashes. Then when I log in the 2nd time it goes. Believe this started around 1.36.1.0 

Running windows 7. With clean install.

tried it on another windows 7 computer I have and it does the same thing.

SmilinAL

1 person likes this

I can confirm this.  Launch playgate, log in, press play campaign.  Nothing.  Relaunch playgate then it works.  Again Win 7.

Same problem here. Plus I now notice that rundll32.exe goes to almost 100% CPU usage. It goes up right after launching WWII for the second time. And then it stays there, while pc works pretty well. Windows 7 here.

Does this for me as well. Log in, hit start, get the load spinner, then nothing. Log in second time, hit start, goes ahead and loads. Also Windows 7. Did a full reinstall for 1.36.1.1 as the patch was not downloading correctly. Was doing this prior to that though, the reinstall did not fix.

Edited by derfflingr

We are still investigating, but it seems to be an issue with a function in Windows 7 itself called “Game Explorer” (gameux.dll) which was removed in Windows 10.. We are looking to see if we can do anything about it on our end. 

Good way to see if this is your issue is if you open up your task manager processes, open the game and log in, then there will be a run32dll running at 100% and the game won’t open. 

There seem to to be a few advanced things to try out on the web in order to fix the issue but I wouldn’t suggest anyone fiddle around with them unless you really know what your doing and could recover from breaking something else.

This has happened to me as well...Yesterday and today.

Lets use this thread as the main communication on this situation since i have more than a few support tickets ongoing

Thanks

So far it impacts WIN 7 users

Can't start WW2exe online or offline

If you relaunch WW2exe online or offline, the game will start but you will have two instances running

The second attempt increases rundll32.exe  CPU usage

If you reboot your PC and try again the same thing will happen

Reinstall, deleting registry keys, turning off anti virus doesnt eliminate it

I been doing some testing on my Windows 7 computer that is having this problem and this is what I found out.

After starting the game and it fails to launch I open up  Windows Task Manager and click on the Processes tab. On the list you will find an instance of WW2.exe *32 running, end the process. Restart the game, get it up and running, then open Windows Task Manager and find rundll32.exe  *32 and stop the process.

After doing this I did some extensive testing in game. I get better frame rates, no stuttering which I was experiencing again.  It does seem that rundll32.exe *32 is not necessary for the game and actually runs better without it.

I suggest you not do what I did unless you are computer savy.

***THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL STANCE FROM CRS or SUPPORT***

I was able to follow the MANUAL instructions in this thread>> http://ubeogesh-things.blogspot.com/2012/08/resolve-it-finally-game-explorer-aka.html

I don't recommend downloading the BAT file, but by following the MANUAL renaming instructions i was able to start the game on first launch

I couldn't work out why I've been getting 12 fps in the game. Perhaps this is it. Will try Pete's suggestion.

1 person likes this