smilinal

**WIN 7 USERS- Have to start game 2 times for it to go on 2nd try

36 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, mundagurri said:

No luck. Didn't know how to change permissions to rename the bad file.

I believe @augetout used the BAT file and had no issue and it fixed his issue. 

Tried using the BAT file. Says "the current logged on user doesn't have ownership privileges. Access denied."

.Maybe I'm suppose to run it with as administrator, but I don't know how. 

Success. Took an hour and a half but got it. Changing file permissions was the hardest part, but then saw "option2" in Pittpete's windows 7 link.  After that I renamed both of the gameux.dll files to simply, gameux. Game starts first try and I'm back to around 40 - 50 fps. Thankyou for the help.

2 people like this

Method 2 worked for me as well and I renamed the .dll to .old. run32dll was making my cpu load 100%. When I disbaled that process it dropped my cpu load dramatically and my cpu temps dropped about 30C.

Now if I can just get past being on call... God I hate being on call and we don't even get paid anything extra for it.   

I start with desktop, discord, notepad and task master running with CPU loaded to  3-5%.  I have found that after the first (failed) start my CPU is at 97% and taskmaster says WW2 OL is NOT running.    I start the second time and CPU is solid at 100% and game speed is 17-25 FPS with any action around.   It swings between 30  and 90 FPS in a vacant town.   I tried reloading game.  No help.   Game is no longer playable.   FYI my normal game FPS with this computer has been 75-90 FPS even in serious battle.     Suggestions? 

8 minutes ago, geeezer said:

I start with desktop, discord, notepad and task master running with CPU loaded to  3-5%.  I have found that after the first (failed) start my CPU is at 97% and taskmaster says WW2 OL is NOT running.    I start the second time and CPU is solid at 100% and game speed is 17-25 FPS with any action around.   It swings between 30  and 90 FPS in a vacant town.   I tried reloading game.  No help.   Game is no longer playable.   FYI my normal game FPS with this computer has been 75-90 FPS even in serious battle.     Suggestions? 

Sounds like the same issue.. So the suggestion from Pittpete should work to fix your issue.. http://ubeogesh-things.blogspot.com/2012/08/resolve-it-finally-game-explorer-aka.html

You'll need to take ownership, but the 64bit gameux.dll is the problem. It's located in Syswow folder.

Don't need to rename the 32bit gameux.dll in system32 folder. Found this out after the wife couldn't play her solitaire and other included windows games. Restored the 32bit and her games work and still doesn't effect WW2OL.

Deleted WW2 from computer as required.

It took  over 90 minutes and three attempts to install the new version.   Kept getting server not responding message.   I immediately launched and did usual check of equipment operability .     Found grenadier  cannot fire with mouse key 1 if key 2 is pressed to aim.   Decided to revisit Sunday (Sunday)  to see what else I found and do bug report.   

Now NO icon on desktop to start game.,   Went to file in computer.  Hmm no WW2 icon to place on desktop to start game.  Tried to boot from file in computer.   Get messages such as "Do yu want to uninstalle WW2 OL?"   Tried to one at a time move an  'icon' in the CRS file to the desktop and try to open game.  Error messages.  

CANNOT START GAME.   GETTING TIRED OF THIS STUFF.  EVERY UPDATE IS TRASH.  SHOULD I CONTINUE PAYING FOR A PREMIUM ACCOUNT AND BUILDER ACCOUNT?    

==========

On a roll.  Still do not know why you intentionally disabled the ability to use the prggram to 'inch' guns.    I quit using tanks and rarely use atg now.  

Grenideer, when cup is attached, is not a shoulder fired weapon so no if you hold right click with the cup attached it will not fire.

To launch from inside the install, offline doubleclick the ww2.exe. 

To launch playgate from inside the install you double click playgate.

To create a shortcut to desktop you tick that option when installing.

To create a shortcut after install you open the install folder, rightclick the playgate exe and select create shortcut then drag that shortcut to desktop.

The ico file in the install is not a shortcut, it's the graphic for a shortcut.