Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
downtown

Training/Testing Server Changes needed.

3 posts in this topic

1. A City with an Axis CP/British CP/French CP/And American CP to spawn the different kit from and test.   recently spawned in and could not spawn in at area 51 at all?  And I had to drive to one of the Cities on the map and cap a CP and was able to then spawn in Linked French and American EQ to test (small arms only.) :( I want to be able to spawn all the Kit (Destroyers/Fairmiles/Tanks/Planes/Trucks/AT Guns/Infantry) in one close location.  NO AI.

2. The Ability for the players to change the time (day/night) and the weather.  Yes someone else spawned in and I was afraid they were going to kill the FMS I set up, but I was trying to test something.  I've had players spawn in and kill stuff in the middle of my trying to test things it's very aggravating.

3. Can you somehow make Drones for target practice?  I don't care if you do this at area 51, or offline, but I swear I've put the sight right on an EA diving right at me and I see zero evidence that my rounds are hitting.  They appear to be going through the enemy aircraft.  I was absolutely shocked when I spawned a bofors the other day fired two rounds and removed the wing from a Stuka, I don't think in 19 years I've shot down an EA with an Allied AAA gun.  I see evidence of hits on rare occasions but this was a clear kill, I was actually shocked.   I am frequently hit from the ground at great range by Axis AAA gunners though, I can't reconcile how they can get so accurate.   Once the AAA from Visslingen shot me down south of Breskens when I was RTB to Knokke.

4. Is there some way for me to get measurements of damage when I say use satchels on things?  I was told you could track enemy tanks with satchels, I spent several hours one day and discovered that you pretty much can't (there are rare instances).  It's not just satchels, I want some kind of feedback on what the weapon I used did against the platform I used it against.  I frequently use a weapon which apparently has zero effect but when a similar weapon is used against me it's effect is devastating.   I would like to know why.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:55 AM, downtown said:

4. Is there some way for me to get measurements of damage when I say use satchels on things?  I was told you could track enemy tanks with satchels, I spent several hours one day and discovered that you pretty much can't (there are rare instances).  It's not just satchels, I want some kind of feedback on what the weapon I used did against the platform I used it against.  I frequently use a weapon which apparently has zero effect but when a similar weapon is used against me it's effect is devastating.   I would like to know why.

What I want is..

I spawn my towing account as say a tank and I spawn my main account as an AT Gun.   I fire a shell from my Main account at my towing account and on the front end of my main account I see something like.

1 AP Round fired at ### Angle;  Range to target ###.##m   ###.## fps   ###.### velocity  #### projectile weight, Flight Time of Projectile ###.### mS

And On my towing account I see

Impact at ###.### x ###.### force  penetration through X panel, X Panel, X Panel, Spall,  X System Damaged, X System Damaged, X System Damaged.

Something that show what I shot at what and then feedback of where I hit and what it did.

I ask this because I have experiences in game that I cannot recreate in game, I cannot recreate them offline, and have not been able to recreate them on the training server with my account.

An example is that I was guarding a bunker, on my front end I was on the stairwell and I suddenly died with no appearance of an enemy contact.  Death cam showed an EI running into the bunker firing an SMG into the wall at the stairwell.  Conclusion is that a bullet from the SMG clipped through the wall and killed me on the stairwell.

I went to the training server and tried for several hours to recreate this event and could not.  I could get the toe of one of my boots to clip into the back room (not on the entry side of the bunker) and I fired exhaustively into my toe and suffered only minor damage.

I was also able to kill myself one time by throwing a grenade into the base of the stairwell, but the explosion was a clear indicator of what caused the death.

I also on a number of occasions have had the Crew of my Destroyer and Fairmile killed by Rifle fire, yet when I fire on the crew of an enemy Fairmile or Destroyer at their crew I have never been able to disable their crew.

I frequently have my weapons disabled (the crew is alive but the gun won't fire) by enemy contacts.  I will shoot the machine gun barrel of an enemy tank with an AT Gun or the Main Gun of an Enemy tank with an AT Gun and it has no effect on the enemy tank, but I have frequently had these weapons disabled on my vehicles by single shots.  I've also been tracked by single shots, I have found on rare occasions that I have to put a minimum of three rounds in the exact same location to track an enemy tank, again that is a RARE occasion.

I would like to know why every platform is so effective against every platform I spawn while everything I do seems to have no effect on any platform I encounter.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:55 AM, downtown said:

3. Can you somehow make Drones for target practice?  I don't care if you do this at area 51, or offline, but I swear I've put the sight right on an EA diving right at me and I see zero evidence that my rounds are hitting.  

They don't have to be overly complicated, though IMHO it would be great if one of each type of Aircraft in game was flying some kind of figure eight orbit or perhaps some kind of roller coaster pattern over Area51.  It needs to have a Climb/Dive/turn type flight path.

It's a "TRAINING SERVER."  I would like to "TRAIN" with the AAA Guns because I can't hit J4cK 5#|+ with them.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0