Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montyuno

New HC FMS....

6 posts in this topic

The Walk-in HC FMS has proven understandably contentious and not so useful..

I think there is a way we can retain this option and somewhat resolve other issues as well as expand gameplay.

As you know I deeply dislike walking FMSs of any stripe however many good proposals have been offered in other threads.

The new HCFMS. A proper command post..

1:    A slightly larger FMS complex using existing models (include a radio model) with useful defensive positions. More subdued colours for the sandbags etc, perhaps some camo and netting. Or whatever can be done easily, enhance it later. Make it purposefully kinda of hard to see from ground and air.

2:    1k min placement 3.2k+ max.

3:     NEW HC UNITS:   HC Engineer, HC Opel, allow HC to drive in or walk in, HC Engineer may only build HCFMS, build time will be a little longer, it is a slightly more complex structure, HC Engineer may also build standard PPOs. HC Opel may build HC FMS or standard FMSs etc.

4:     Spawn List:   Rifles, Limited# of SMG, very limited# (1 or 2) lite Pak / Flak (optional). Use standard FMS to support the HCFMS as needed mission specific.

5:    Trucks may RTB there. (optional)

6:    8+ charges to kill it?

7:     NEW PLAYER PPO:   Add the Command Post PPO to standard Engineers list. (Not spawnable)

8:     HCFMS is visible on map to all Axis in the related AO/DO. (selectable by HC player)

9:     Allow OIC to set HCFMS Command Post when no HC on......

I think most of this can be implemented relatively easily? The team is quite capable and we already have a preponderance of the bits.

Keep it simple........

A percentage of players look for leadership, purpose, point of focus, objective, etc, etc, etc..

Give HC a more visible role to play {they can still sit there and do what they need to do}, something to build a ZOC around, something worth defending out of town also a position for leadership and other commanders to oversee the battle rather than the FB..

HCFMS can still be used for infiltration, recce and mole ops.

We want to bring the scale of the map into play, expand on "CP/AB Centric combat", create active and usable ZOCs, bring leadership to the battlefield, give new players a more relatable environment, add more content, expand play options, improve command situational awareness, reduce HC boredom and fatigue etc etc........... The HCFMS CP may bring some of this.

As much as I despise Walk-in FMSs I could really get behind the HCFMS Command Post concept...

Keep it simple get it deployed to the game ASAP, implement what you guys can quickly and tweek it later. 

I really think this will not resolve all issues but it will add so much as well as softening some of the things people have expressed concern over in several other threads ..

It is a win in so many ways for all sides of the issue with few if any downsides........

The HCFMS Command Post & new Player PPO...

Cheers Monty

1 person likes this

All the MSPs need on sides rules for deployment, the rest is window dressing.

2 people like this

Need to dump HC MS for sure.

Promotes sneaking in.

If you want to make a HC MS, then give each side a cool HC car (jeep, 247a or 247b, 263, kubelwagen, etc), make the sound 1/2 that of trucks; then go for it.

The current walk in completely silent HC MS, which ruins all bridges and water barriers, needs to go.

Edited by delems
2 people like this

36 minutes ago, delems said:

The current walk in completely silent HC MS, which ruins all bridges and water barriers, needs to go.

Preach it, brotha!

2 hours ago, major0noob said:

all it takes is a single tank to blow it up : /

They hide in bushes, and like all MSPs they can deploy behind lines, and across water. I'm fine with all MSP types as long as there are "on sides" deployment rules.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0