• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
OHM

Allies win campaign 164

39 posts in this topic

Campaign 164 was won by the Allies after a hard fought 17-day war!

For this intermission we have deactivated PPO’s and spawning from linked depots. This is old school driving to the fight. 

The map is set up for play in the new towns to the north and to the south. Plus, a push in the center with the US.  So, there is a little bit of everything for everyone.

Campaign 165 will start on Wednesday  /626/2019   S!

2 people like this

Just came from intermission.  I think for no ppos to work you have to eliminate AO/DO. As of this writing, there is 1 AO/DO and its a tank standoff with dead trucks getting nowhere near the target. Eliminating AO/DO would be true old school. Do that, and I'd dedicate myself as a truck driver taking infantry to attack... who knows where?

Edited by gavalink

I am asking the Devs how hard it will be to change how many AOs we can have 

OK we now have a minimum of 15 AO's  on the map required

3 people like this

This set up till next camp is not good, map is empty, bring back the fms's...

All equipment, all out war.

Else its boring.

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, bus0 said:

This set up till next camp is not good, map is empty, bring back the fms's...

All equipment, all out war.

Else its boring.

Don't be whiny, back in the day we drove to battle until we either died or pitched into the bunker table, through 2 feet of snow going uphill both ways, and we liked it that way!

4 people like this

I like the effort Ohm.  Not sure how popular this will be, but I'm always glad to see you try out new things.  

And even if the farmers grab their pitchforks, it's only intermission.  

S!

4 people like this

The game is empty and my squad no longer exists so where is threshold to form a mission to come from?

Is area51 set up so we can go there for some quick action?

What tier will next map start in?

Also, any reason for 3 day intermission?  Seems too long for a game.  We aren't pitchers.

Also, tiers need to be shorter imo, 5 days maybe.

Edited by delems
2 people like this

1 hour ago, dog3 said:

The game is empty and my squad no longer exists so where is threshold to form a mission to come from?

Join an active one and if your original squad returns then just go back

I believe that the game can be guided by history.
But for it to work as  A GAME it would have to start on tier 3 (considering 1 tier = 6 months)

Did we win?

It was a walk in the park

A pity win

Last few days were fun, hardcore axis held last pocket with energy. S!

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, OHM said:

Campaign 164 was won by the Allies after a hard fought 17-day war!

hard?

lol

It was a walk in the park  .. (i agree)

Edited by enemytank

10 hours ago, OHM said:

OK we now have a minimum of 15 AO's  on the map required

OHM, You're the Man! Thank You. When those AOs started going up I grabbed an Opel, called for infantry, and made multiple runs until I had to log. And I didn't kill a single passenger. Good times. S!:D

Edited by gavalink
additions

5 hours ago, matamor said:

Did we win?

It was a walk in the park

A pity win

Last few days were fun, hardcore axis held last pocket with energy. S!

If I didn't have a tonne of work to do ...allies would never have finished it 

;)

Glad everyone had a good laugh at that statement.

Hope to have some more time during the next one.

S!

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, delems said:

What tier will next map start in?

Also, any reason for 3 day intermission?  Seems too long for a game.  We aren't pitchers.

Also, tiers need to be shorter imo, 5 days maybe.

Even RATS must rest, they can't run on the treadmill, chew rope, have more rat babies etc.... endlessly.

S!

2 people like this

37 minutes ago, Elfin said:

If I didn't have a tonne of work to do ...allies would never have finished it 

;)

Glad everyone had a good laugh at that statement.

Hope to have some more time during the next one.

S!

When it's too easy I slack. People says either too many matties or tigers for a long time... I say too much automatic and semi-automatics! lol

We seen many axis coming allied as we seen many allied playing axis before that campaign

Then we seen allied bench out like we've seen axis bench warmed up in this one

The majority won't play underpop, they will await on the side and log into game when their side has numbers otherwise they hide themselves out until the next one

It's a game of numbers heh nothing has changed

1 person likes this

I'd like the intermission if the towns were better selected. Actually, the towns are fine to fight in, it's the godawful 1-sided DD and plane zerg.

Ground units can't do anything. No trees to hide, and respawning ground attack aircraft can literally drop randomly and kill people. If they get shot down, they're back inside 5 minutes.

most AO's are useless, max 5

need the fms's

FG42 is so damn SEXY!

The good thing about lack of FMSs is the fact that we have some idea where attacks are coming from. On-sides rules would help a lot in this regard. Also, and the fights over bridges. No FMS should be allowed to cross a river. Ever.

The abstraction of a force moving across water in large numbers should be moving the brigade. Cap the town, THEN supply can move across. No teleporting over water. So little terrain is meaningful in this game, and when you see a fight across a bridge you realize how awful teleporting troops can be (I'm pro-MSP, I just want on-sides, and no crossing water without me seeing something to shoot on the bridge).

1 person likes this

Where are all the guys who constantly bang on about how wonderful it was to ride trucks and chat? I see just one player on discord... and no action in game, 30 seconds was enough for me. So we got this pretty much for another 3 days until Thursday euro time rolls around and lets me play. RATs should just save their money and switch the server off till reset time, because I see nothing in game right now.  AND do we really need SD in intermission for crying out loud??

So where the hell are all the old school, "MSs ruined the game experience" dinosaurs??? Because they sure are not in game enjoying the trip down memory lane.  While this intermission is truly awful, hopefully it has laid the "old school" trucking myth to rest for all except the most unrelenting dinosaurs (you guys know who you are! :D

S! Ian 

Edited by ian77
3 people like this