OHM

Allies win campaign 164

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tater said:

The good thing about lack of FMSs is the fact that we have some idea where attacks are coming from. On-sides rules would help a lot in this regard. Also, and the fights over bridges. No FMS should be allowed to cross a river. Ever.

The abstraction of a force moving across water in large numbers should be moving the brigade. Cap the town, THEN supply can move across. No teleporting over water. So little terrain is meaningful in this game, and when you see a fight across a bridge you realize how awful teleporting troops can be (I'm pro-MSP, I just want on-sides, and no crossing water without me seeing something to shoot on the bridge).

Been that way re: FMS ever since the game went to those.  The HC FRU thing is brand new after 2-3 years of the FMS truck only, truck makes such bridge dependent.

I brought up that thread for you between me and ZeroAce in Barracks, no commentary from you in it.   Git on over there.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, ian77 said:

Where are all the guys who constantly bang on about how wonderful it was to ride trucks and chat? I see just one player on discord... and no action in game, 30 seconds was enough for me. So we got this pretty much for another 3 days until Thursday euro time rolls around and lets me play. RATs should just save their money and switch the server off till reset time, because I see nothing in game right now.

So where the hell are all the old school, "MSs ruined the game experience" dinosaurs??? Because they sure are not in game enjoying the trip down memory lane.  While this intermission is truly awful, hopefully it has laid the "old school" trucking myth to rest for all except the most unrelenting dinosaurs (you guys know who you are! :D

S! Ian 

I'd say the no-spawn in linking depots kills attack potential dead- minute you cap something, defense has all the advantages.

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I'd say the no-spawn in linking depots kills attack potential dead- minute you cap something, defense has all the advantages.

I imagine. Infinite local supplies do that combined with a no-penalty-fear of death.

2 hours ago, ian77 said:

So where the hell are all the old school, "MSs ruined the game experience" dinosaurs??? Because they sure are not in game enjoying the trip down memory lane.  While this intermission is truly awful, hopefully it has laid the "old school" trucking myth to rest for all except the most unrelenting dinosaurs (you guys know who you are! :D

I always walked it rather than ride the truck back in the day. It was a sucky way to reach the battlefield was the truck and I learned lots about enemy positions when they couldn't hear me approaching :) It was always rose tinted glasses whenever anyone spoke of it as the good old days.. Oh yeah no spawnables? No thanks

Edited by catfive

4 hours ago, ian77 said:

Where are all the guys who constantly bang on about how wonderful it was to ride trucks and chat? I see just one player on discord... and no action in game, 30 seconds was enough for me. So we got this pretty much for another 3 days until Thursday euro time rolls around and lets me play. RATs should just save their money and switch the server off till reset time, because I see nothing in game right now.  AND do we really need SD in intermission for crying out loud??

S! Ian 

18 hours ago, gavalink said:

OHM, You're the Man! Thank You. When those AOs started going up I grabbed an Opel, called for infantry, and made multiple runs until I had to log. And I didn't kill a single passenger. Good times. S!:D

ya must have missed this earlier.

15 hours ago, ian77 said:

Where are all the guys who constantly bang on about how wonderful it was to ride trucks and chat? I see just one player on discord... and no action in game, 30 seconds was enough for me. So we got this pretty much for another 3 days until Thursday euro time rolls around and lets me play. RATs should just save their money and switch the server off till reset time, because I see nothing in game right now.  AND do we really need SD in intermission for crying out loud??

S! Ian 

posted screenshots proving this for 3 weeks, they'll never concede.

30s FMS will break the game.

: /

1 hour ago, major0noob said:

posted screenshots proving this for 3 weeks, they'll never concede.

30s FMS will break the game.

: /

Huh? I'm not seeing posted screenshots to prove "this"? What is "this"? 

17 hours ago, ian77 said:

S! Ian 

Wow! You gave it a whole 30 seconds!? I guess that puts you on the twitcher/AD side of the argument. Around 11:00 game time on the 23rd we had two opels running infantry to Ridderkerk, quickly taking the town south of the river before the Allies started to respond. I guess you missed that in your 30-second evaluation. I see you joined in '06. So I assume you never experienced the game prior to TOE/AO. Your critique would have more credibility if you actually had experience with both systems. S!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, gavalink said:

Huh? I'm not seeing posted screenshots to prove "this"? What is "this"? 

In rax, back in January

6 hours ago, gavalink said:

Wow! You gave it a whole 30 seconds!? I guess that puts you on the twitcher/AD side of the argument. Around 11:00 game time on the 23rd we had two opels running infantry to Ridderkerk, quickly taking the town south of the river before the Allies started to respond. I guess you missed that in your 30-second evaluation. I see you joined in '06. So I assume you never experienced the game prior to TOE/AO. Your critique would have more credibility if you actually had experience with both systems. S!

Played before TOEs, think  AOs were a thing but not 100% sure it was a long time ago (started with a boxed version 2005 then had a different online account) , but I am very glad to hear the game managed to produce a whole 2 Opels ... quiet an amazing feat.  Congratulations...... sounds like the thousands have finally returned now that the evil MSs have been removed.... 

Just 2 more days of BS intermission to go....

S! Ian 

@OHM What is the status of special intermission events? I rejoined last year because of the Siege of Lille event (48 hours, no resupply) - While it could have been better it was still a lot of fun and it showcased a bit what this game can do when applied to special events. There is a ton of potential in WW2OL for mini-campaigns and historical battles, and I'm sure the community could help craft them. 

For example, I have a basic event idea set around the Battle of Nijmegen (US paratroopers try to capture the bridge and then hold it for a set amount of time until UK armour can cross it) - Ideally, this would include an event TOE so that we could recreate some of the units involved within our limitations. No resupply during the event, of course, units lost are lost and it runs for around 48 hours.  

With 1.36 coming out it has broken tool I use to set the map up ..

i was able to figure out a work around to set the line up ... so future intermission scenarios are doable. 

This map set up was a test of those tools I use

5 hours ago, ian77 said:

Played before TOEs, think  AOs were a thing but not 100% sure it was a long time ago (started with a boxed version 2005 then had a different online account) , but I am very glad to hear the game managed to produce a whole 2 Opels ... quiet an amazing feat.  Congratulations...... sounds like the thousands have finally returned now that the evil MSs have been removed.... 

Just 2 more days of BS intermission to go....

S! Ian 

Didn't need more than 2 opels, we quickly got the spawn in town. Unfortunately, I started a new gig Sunday and haven't been able to play since the short time I played on Sunday. I'm going to try to log in the game tonight (Tue) with an Opel ready.