• Announcements

    • XOOM

      Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

      We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
downtown

Please Enlighten Me

18 posts in this topic

I am trying to spawn into Area 51 on the Training Server to test things.

I can spawn into the American Base, but I can't set an FMS near the Axis Base, because setting an FMS is disabled on the Training server?

I cannot spawn Axis at all in Area 51?

Am I supposed to make reservations or something to to spawn on the training server?

I tried to spawn somewhere else and drive an FMS to a FB so I could spawn tanks to test them, but I can't set an FMS on the training server.

On the Suggestion Forum, I have a thread where I want a "Super AB" or something in area 51 where I can spawn all the Equipment so I can test it against everything else, all the different bunker configurations, etc.   

The AB should have an Axis Vehicle spawn and an Allied Vehicle Spawn and behind each of these vehicle spawns a barracks where I can spawn any of the troops, including sappers, apparently they are also turned off.  Somewhere close a Port facility where I can spawn fairmiles, destroyers, TTs, to test against, and just make an airfield with an Axis and Allied Hanger.

Drones flying overhead for target practice please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your right area51 is a [censored]show on training server i tried to test out naval stuff with dds and it wont allow it....rats should look into making area51 easier to use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MikeAZ said:

area 51 is named after [censored] butkus.

+10/ And like Mr. Butkus, Area 51 is hard. Very hard. 

Related imageImage result for dick butkus chicago bears

Edited by sorella
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to tell if anyone at CRS has looked at a Topic?  They don't seem to respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont use the Training units in area51 ,, use the movable units ... fixed it about an hour ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to use one of the movable units but still unable to set an FMS, this was last night.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning all the German Brigades are gone and you can't spawn into the Training brigades, no TOE, and still can't set an FMS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, WESTY91 said:

"and fix if required."

So obviously I don't understand the functionality of Area 51 and how to spawn in there.  I am unable to find any equipment in the "Training Brigades" there, a few days ago there were other brigades there, which all appear to have been moved out.

My expectation was that I would spawn in on my main account and spawn in opfor on my towing account and try to recreate circumstances I've seen in game and test weapons performance against the various platforms.

With limited results I have been able to do this, but it is time consuming to find a close FB to a close town, you still have to run from the town or FB to the target area, and each time you expend your ammo or kill the target you have to repeat the process.  If I could set an FMS near where I spawn this would cut town the time and allow me to rearm to continue testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, downtown said:

So obviously I don't understand the functionality of Area 51 and how to spawn in there.  I am unable to find any equipment in the "Training Brigades" there, a few days ago there were other brigades there, which all appear to have been moved out.

My expectation was that I would spawn in on my main account and spawn in opfor on my towing account and try to recreate circumstances I've seen in game and test weapons performance against the various platforms.

With limited results I have been able to do this, but it is time consuming to find a close FB to a close town, you still have to run from the town or FB to the target area, and each time you expend your ammo or kill the target you have to repeat the process.  If I could set an FMS near where I spawn this would cut town the time and allow me to rearm to continue testing.

Hey dude. Yeah somethings definitely wrong up at A51. As its not my area I've flagged it up to the QA gang who are a lot more knowedable than me with regard to the issue. It's being looked at but in the meantime there are brigades and TOEs further down around the Antwerp area if that's any help to you? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put a brigade in each camp so you can spawn in the center of area51 to test things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 11:47 PM, sorella said:

+10/ And like Mr. Butkus, Area 51 is hard. Very hard. 

Related imageImage result for dick butkus chicago bears

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WESTY91 said:

Hey dude. Yeah somethings definitely wrong up at A51. As its not my area I've flagged it up to the QA gang who are a lot more knowedable than me with regard to the issue. It's being looked at but in the meantime there are brigades and TOEs further down around the Antwerp area if that's any help to you? 

Nice.....

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can one of each type of unit please be moved to Area 51, American Infantry, American Armor, (American Air?) , British infantry is there, British Armor, British Navy, British Air, French Infantry (there), French Armor, French Navy, French Air,  German Infantry There, French Armor, French Navy, French Air, Axis Navy There, Axis Infantry There, Axis Armor.

Please.

 

I've learned that if you shoot the top of the funnel of an Axis DD with 40MM from a Bofors long enough you will sink the destroyer :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 8:47 PM, sorella said:

+10/ And like Mr. Butkus, Area 51 is hard. Very hard. 

Related imageImage result for dick butkus chicago bears

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.